What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

Len Cnut

Montage Of Heck. Very intimate. A real look into Kurt's life and it sheds some light on what kind of person he was. Great. 5/5.

A lot of people are coming out and saying it's a not very real portrait at all, at any rate a valuable document but not something I could watch twice, a bit intrusive.

Have you seen Soaked in Bleach? I'd be interested to know what you make of it.

Montage Of Heck. Very intimate. A real look into Kurt's life and it sheds some light on what kind of person he was. Great. 5/5.

A lot of people are coming out and saying it's a not very real portrait at all, at any rate a valuable document but not something I could watch twice, a bit intrusive.

Have you seen Soaked in Bleach? I'd be interested to know what you make of it.

A lot of people you say? Like... a lot?

I don't know man. I only know what I've felt watching it. As a big fan of his work I just got something out of it I guess. Very real. It wasn't too private imo cause the purpose of it was to show his fans what kind of person he was and you kinda have to get in there and...show. Everything rang true to me. I'll probably watch it many more times in the future.

Haven't seen Soaked In Bleach yet.

I don't know man. I only know what I've felt watching it. As a big fan of his work I just got something out of it I guess. Very real. It wasn't too private imo cause the purpose of it was to show his fans what kind of person he was and you kinda have to get in there and...show. Everything rang true to me. I'll probably watch it many more times in the future.

I'm a huge fan too man...i guess thats why it bothered me. I mean if the guy was an intensely shy and private person that couldn't handle the intrusive nature of it then there's something a little peverse about watching the guys home movies. As far as ringing true to me well, yeah, i suppose it did with me too...which made it all the more bothersome. And it's worth considering too that like, it's basically the Heavier than Heaven story isn't it? I found it really really depressing to be honest. Perhaps I make too much of these things, i dunno.

Edited by Len B'stard

I'm a huge fan too man...i guess thats why it bothered me. I mean if the guy was an intensely shy and private person that couldn't handle the intrusive nature of it then there's something a little peverse about watching the guys home movies. As far as ringing true to me well, yeah, i suppose it did with me too...which made it all the more bothersome. And it's worth considering too that like, it's basically the Heavier than Heaven story isn't it? I found it really really depressing to be honest. Perhaps I make too much of these things, i dunno.

I think it's important to note that all those intimate home movies, the interviews of his best friend and greatest love, the junk, the lack of dave grohl, everything was relevant and was crucial imo to form the big picture which was a new understanding perhaps of the kind of person he was.

His story was tragic, sad. I think it's fitting and natural to establish and maintain that somber tone but also to not glorify yet still communicate how talented, interesting, deep, and cool he was and his influence and legacy. You can see where it came from and as a fan I felt it made me appreciate many qualities he possessed and to me it was brutally honest so maybe that's why I think this type of doc and the kind of a dick of a director achieved something of historic relevence. My conclusion is every Nirvana fan should watch it or at least give it a chance before casting judgement that is based on silly shit like it's too intrusive.

It was as intrusive as needed and I got the feeling everything I was watching made me appreciate his life and what he did and what he faced and how deep and sensitive and fucked up he was.

It's like the origin of the music was exposed and it was just as great, sad, and beautiful so why not right? it's a good thing in my book.

Edited by Rovim