What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

Len Cnut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Gettin ready to watch this. I grew up around DC and want to see if they will cover more than just Minor Threat and Bad Brains

Oh they certainly do sir!  Did you grow up in the punk era or...?

Edited by Len Cnut

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh they certainly do sir!  Did you grow up in the punk era or...?

As far as the dates in the movie go it would be towards the tail end of it. Probably around '88 when I was 14. I had some friends who were skaters who got me into it. I got to see Grohl when he was the drummer for Scream. Punk really didn't exist in the town I grew up in even though I was like 30 miles from DC. There were more death metal and crossover thrash bands in my town so I would have to go to DC to see punk bands.

Edited by Jabberwocky

37 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

As far as the dates in the movie go it would be towards the tail end of it. Probably around '88 when I was 14. I had some friends who were skaters who got me into it. I got to see Grohl when he was the drummer for Scream. Punk really didn't exist in the town I grew up in even though I was like 30 miles from DC. There were more death metal and crossover thrash bands in my town so I would have to go to DC to see punk bands.

You bastard, I was 5 in 88, i didn't see shit :(:lol: 

On 19/08/2017 at 5:30 PM, Len Cnut said:

Fif' is too funny!

That's a pretty funny podcast i've watched bits and pieces of it.

Came across this the other week, i love Forever and i probably prefer it to 36. Method comes across pretty salty, especially when he speaks on it being the more unknown dudes time to shine and they didn't. I can't really agree i thought Deck, U-God and Masta Killa fuking kill it on that album. If any members fell short i'd say it was Dirty and Genius.

9 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

That's a pretty funny podcast i've watched bits and pieces of it.

Came across this the other week, i love Forever and i probably prefer it to 36. Method comes across pretty salty, especially when he speaks on it being the more unknown dudes time to shine and they didn't. I can't really agree i thought Deck, U-God and Masta Killa fuking kill it on that album. If any members fell short i'd say it was Dirty and Genius.

I don't think thats what Meth' is saying, what he's saying is people including himself didn't really show up in as dedicated a sense as they could have done.  What the truth is from my point of view is that these guys really didn't get along as much as they make out.  I mean they got big based on this thing Wu Tang so they always respected it but remember these guys weren't friends from the get go, not all of em, they were kinda thrown together to a point and they kinda learned to be friends like a crew, in that sense but when these guys blew up and they all had their money, there's a lot that isn't spoken about in terms of inter-personal issues, a LOT.  Quite frankly they each had a shitload of money and it shows on the album who showed up, RZA showed up, Rae showed up, Ghost-Deini showed up, Deck showed up...but a lot of em were fuckin' around...and who could blame em?  And this don't mean its a bad album, when you got 9 boys on the squad even if 4 show up you can salvage a very good album out of it.  I don't think Meth' is saying he has an issue with the second 11 though, least thats not what i got from it.

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't think thats what Meth' is saying, what he's saying is people including himself didn't really show up in as dedicated a sense as they could have done.  What the truth is from my point of view is that these guys really didn't get along as much as they make out.  I mean they got big based on this thing Wu Tang so they always respected it but remember these guys weren't friends from the get go, not all of em, they were kinda thrown together to a point and they kinda learned to be friends like a crew, in that sense but when these guys blew up and they all had their money, there's a lot that isn't spoken about in terms of inter-personal issues, a LOT.  Quite frankly they each had a shitload of money and it shows on the album who showed up, RZA showed up, Rae showed up, Ghost-Deini showed up, Deck showed up...but a lot of em were fuckin' around...and who could blame em?  And this don't mean its a bad album, when you got 9 boys on the squad even if 4 show up you can salvage a very good album out of it.  I don't think Meth' is saying he has an issue with the second 11 though, least thats not what i got from it.

Yeah i don't know U-God says straight after " I know me n Deck and everybody, y'know the underdogs, was invested". This goes back to what your saying though with so many members they willl all have their point of view, Meth didn't enjoy the recording process obviously. Of course as a listener you don't see what goes on behind scenes just the end result, i fucking think it's a superb body of work personally.

Edited by Silverburst80

6 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah i don't know U-God says straight after " I know me n Deck and everybody, y'know the underdogs, was invested". This goes back to what your saying though with so many members they willl all have their point of view, Meth didn't enjoy the recording process obviously. Of course as a listener you don't see what goes on behind scenes just the end result, i fucking think it's a superb body of work personally.

There's a guy on youtube called Karceno, he does these like back stories and inside...y'know, the real of what was going on in hip hop amongst a lot of the different cliques, check him out, he has some interesting Wu tales.

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There's a guy on youtube called Karceno, he does these like back stories and inside...y'know, the real of what was going on in hip hop amongst a lot of the different cliques, check him out, he has some interesting Wu tales.

I'll check him out, i know a fair few of the stories...like how Ghost and Rae used to shoot at each other and U- God even made a doco about when he was beefing with Wu haha. On the topic of Meth i get a feeling he looks back and maybe knows he shoulda done more in his career not just the Forever album. I love Meth but lets face it as good as Tical is it's not a Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords or Supreme Clientele. He had it all really, could rap the socks of most mc's, the girls loved him and had charisma but he never did anything of note after Blackout.

34 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Do not watch cocksucker blues. Dreary film.

Seen it.  I quite liked it myself, showed more (despite the instance of their manufactured acting up) the monotonous reality of touring.  And still made it look a pretty attractive prospect.

Seen all their documentaries actually, the big ones, on a bit of a Stones kick lately.

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Seen it.  I quite liked it myself, showed more (despite the instance of their manufactured acting up) the monotonous reality of touring.  And still made it look a pretty attractive prospect.

Seen all their documentaries actually, the big ones, on a bit of a Stones kick lately.

I thought you regarded Keef as a cunt?

I regard Out of Time as the best Beatles song that was not written by The Beatles.