RIP B.B. King

Gackt

"Blues legend B.B. King has died in Las Vegas at age 89, his lawyer says.

Attorney Brent Bryson tells The Associated Press that King died peacefully in his sleep at 9:40 p.m. PDT Thursday at his home in Las Vegas."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/king-blues-legend-bb-king-dead-las-vegas-31060449

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 1

That's really sad to hear! I've seen him live three times (2006, 2009 and 2011) and that man's twinkle in his eyes while he plays is absolutely priceless. Amazing musician and performer and one of the last (maybe even the last?) original blues legends to pass away.

No one else has picked this up, I await confirmation.

It's on mainstream Dutch media as well.

Edited by username

I'd be lying if I said I rocked out to his songs, but as far as his influence in the guitar world, there is no denying that he certainly was the King, that many of us guitar rock guys just simply had to bow down to.

Sad I never got to see him. RIP.

Me too. He came to Ithaca last year and I didn't have the money when tickets went on sale. Then he played a free show in Syracuse that I didn't find out about until after the fact. I figured I'd catch him next time :(

RIP. True legend.