RIP B.B. King

Gackt

I saw him in 2010 or 2011. He was a shell of himself and didn't play the guitar all that much, but it was a joy to share a room with that man for a couple of hours. The man was the definition of class.

Very true, I saw him 9 years ago during his 80th birthday tour, which was rumoured to be his last, and he talked more then he played. It was still a thrill to see the legend live.

Just an FYI, Joe Bonamassa is doing an Albert, B.B. Freddie King tribute tour called the "Three Kings Tour". Wish this was coming to Boston as Joe is an awesome guitar player who will do their music justice.

http://www.jambands.com/news/2015/02/02/joe-bonamassa-launches-three-kings-tour

Would be really nice if U2 improvised the setlist today and added When Love Comes to Town to the show tonight

*shoves his fist in his mouth and bangs his head against the wall til it bleeds*

Good you should do that, then go fuck yourself. They played it tonight and it was amazing.

Edited by Bono

Would be really nice if U2 improvised the setlist today and added When Love Comes to Town to the show tonight

*shoves his fist in his mouth and bangs his head against the wall til it bleeds*

Good now go fuck yourself because they played it tonight and it was fucking amazing.
Oh look, shes getting all emotional about her favourite pop group again :lol: Edited by Len B'stard

Oh look, shes getting all emotional about her favourite pop group again :lol:

The thread is about BB King. I posted what would be cool at tonight's show because U2 collaborated together and thought it would be cool if they did this. You as usual act like a cunt about it ONLY because it involved U2(100% appropriately I might add) and you just gotta be that badass guy. Nevermind the song is a good song. You're a joke. The fact you use the term "she" as if being called a woman should be offensive also shows what a trash bag you are. Call me a girl all you want. Doesn't bother me but the fact you use it to try to insult shows what loser you are. I don't care if U2 are pop or country or rock or techno or anything. The fact you try to diminish them by calling them a pop group though and not a rock band or a band period shows how petty you are. We get it tough guy. You're one bad ass motherfucker.

Edited by Bono

The thread is about BB King

Oh you noticed that, did you? Oh good!

You're a joke.

As long as you're amused.

The fact you use the term "she" as if being called a woman should be offensive also shows what a trash bag you are.

As opposed to the word 'cunt', which is the customary greeting of feminists around the world eh? :lol:

You as usual act like a cunt

Well done Germaine Greer :lol:

Call me a girl all you want.

OK :lol: Susan :lol:

Doesn't bother me but the fact you use it to try to insult shows what loser you are.

Oh the last thing I'd accuse you of is being bothered, not you, anyone but you :lol:

I don't care if U2 are pop or country or rock or techno or anything. The fact you try to diminish them by calling them a pop group though and not a rock band or a band period shows how petty you are.

And how does being called a pop group 'diminish' a pop group?

We get it tough guy. You're one bad ass motherfucker.

Whoose 'we', what are you representing a Union or something? :lol: Also, if do a Hacksaw Jim Duggan pose in the snow and laugh at people who talk about how much they squat will i get extra points? :lol:

Can we make the thread about BB King again now please, everyone understands U2 insurmountable contribution to the rhythm and blues genre now, thanks for that!

Edited by Len B'stard

You really are just a straight up fucking loser. Caling someone a cunt or a dick or a douche is all the same. Trying to insult someone by calling them a girl though says it all. Bringing up shit I said in previous posts that have absolutely nothing to do with any of this and continueally mention a picture I posted of me clowning for the camera says it all as well. You're a fucking idiot man. Your original reply to me was nothing more than some loser bored on the internet trying to start shit. Fucking T R O L L

Can we make the thread about BB King again now please, everyone understands U2 insurmountable contribution to the rhythm and blues genre now, thanks for that!

See your'e such a dumb piece of shit. You keep thinking I was trying to suggest U2's insurmountable contribution to rhythm and blues moron. You need to be hit in the face with a shovel.

You really are just a straight up fucking loser. Caling someone a cunt or a dick or a douche is all the same. Trying to insult someone by calling them a girl though says it all. Bringing up shit I said in previous posts that have absolutely nothing to do with any of this and continueally mention a picture I posted of me clowning for the camera says it all as well. You're a fucking idiot man. Your original reply to me was nothing more than some loser bored on the internet trying to start shit. Fucking T R O L L

Is this you not being bothered? :lol: Perhaps it was a passing joke that didn't warrant a massive woman fit on your part? :lol:

See your'e such a dumb piece of shit. You keep thinking I was trying to suggest U2's insurmountable contribution to rhythm and blues moron. You need to be hit in the face with a shovel.

But not by you cuz you're not bothered yeah? :lol:

My favorite BB King song:

I was lucky enough to see him in concert twice. I wish I had gone more.

In each of those concerts, there was this one magical moment, about the third song in. The first two songs he had been somewhat holding back, but in that third song, there was this moment where he just belted out some lyrics with all he had, in his unique, deep voice, and it just sounded so perfect, so strong and emotional and kind of cathartic, and it sent communal chills down the spines of the audience. He's one of only two singers I've experienced that with. BB has been in my main music rotation for over 10 years now and will always remain there, one of my true favorites. His talent was a blessing to the world.

• Like 2

Watching the "Life of Riley" documentary (I put off watching it) on Hulu. A lot of great interviews (just about everyone you can think of) and stories. I've been seeing people post their photos and rare 78s.

Saw that a while ago, was fuckin' champion :)

• Like 1