Am I the only one who prefers the Foo Fighters to Nirvana?

Towelie

I get that they don't have the same cultural significance and all that malarkey, but I'd much rather listen to the Foo's on any given day. Hell, even my favourite Nirvana song is the one Dave Grohl wrote the riff to (Scentless Apprentice).

Anyone else feel this way??

• Like 1

No. I love you Towelie but literally nobody else on the planet thinks that apart from you, i can confirm that to be like, gospel truth :lol:

First album was bangin' though, really underrated. But it just seems like they kinda just made this really beige kinda music after that, in a similar vein to that debut but slicker, poppier etc etc etc They ain't bad bad bad, they ain't shite. They just ain't all that.

Any band with Pat Smear in it will get love from me though although i know he didn't stay with em long, made a comeback then left again.

• Like 1

No. I love you Towelie but literally nobody else on the planet thinks that apart from you, i can confirm that to be like, gospel truth :lol:

I bet I can find another brave soul to stand proud in my corner. Just you watch.

Anyone? Really... nobody? lol

I bet I can find another brave soul to stand proud in my corner. Just you watch.

Anyone? Really... nobody? lol

Nope, you're the only one :P

As overrated as some people think Nirvana are the Foo Fighters are just as much if not more overrated, I really don't get the love for them. Boring as hell IMO.

Foos offer comfort and solace and that melancholic introspective we like to feel.

Nirvana is kind of caustic and hard to identify with.

Foos are like the Bon Jovi of grunge. It's more adult oriented rock.

The Manic Street Preachers went from live fast die fast to the Foo fighters in one band so I have no problem with the Foos but just got my fix elsewhere.

In Your Honor is one I like the stadium rock and acoustic double cd.

What kind of people are you?!? I guess it must just've been how you was raised or something. Heretics, all of you! Heretics and abominations!

Seriously. What the fuck is going on in this thread? One giant cupcake? The foo fighters are fucking LAME. Groll belongs behind a set of drums, and that's it.

Ya going down to the record store to get the new foo fighters, and new creed albums! About the same level.

I thought the foo fighter fan was an urban legend, just like the nickleback fan. I've never met a fan of either band..

Edit- why in the FUCK can't I say T.r.o.l.l.?!?!!?

Now I'm fucking mad.

Edited by drtydane

I think Nirvana's horribly overrated; they were alright, but bands like Alice in Chains pulled off grunge in a much more satisfying way

I'd likely listen to a Foo's album like Colour and Shape before any Nirvana album

• Like 3

Overrated, of course. But as overrated as they are, the music still stands on its own.

It's heavy. It's mellow. It's real. The musicianship is great. Amazing bass lines. Killer riffs, and on the last two albums, especially Nevermind, Grohl is insane on drums.

Def better than foo fighters, who I always chalked up to bubblegum pop rock, after their first album esp.