Am I the only one who prefers the Foo Fighters to Nirvana?

Towelie

What the fuck is with everyone loving the Radio Fighters on here?

But as always AIC > Nirvana.

What kind of people are you?!? I guess it must just've been how you was raised or something. Heretics, all of you! Heretics and abominations!

Seriously. What the fuck is going on in this thread? One giant cupcake? The foo fighters are fucking LAME. Groll belongs behind a set of drums, and that's it.

Ya going down to the record store to get the new foo fighters, and new creed albums! About the same level.

I thought the foo fighter fan was an urban legend, just like the nickleback fan. I've never met a fan of either band..

Edit- why in the FUCK can't I say T.r.o.l.l.?!?!!?

Now I'm fucking mad.

Actual FF fans are the folks with no actual taste of their own in music. The type that just listens to the radio and all their favorite Fooies songs will 99% of the time be the singles.

This is not a "Which 90's band is best" thread, obviously we can have a pissing contest all day over that, and yea, AIC would be way up there. The point is, Nirvana is overrated and sucks and whether Foo Fighter suck, they still suck less than Nirvana.

• Like 2

Dave is a good drummer, he could have made something cool with Page and Paul and not that Vultures shit. I don't like his voice, he can't really play guitar, and Foo Fighters were always a joke.

Should have stayed a drummer.

Edited by Rovim

This is not a "Which 90's band is best" thread, obviously we can have a pissing contest all day over that, and yea, AIC would be way up there. The point is, Nirvana is overrated and sucks and whether Foo Fighter suck, they still suck less than Nirvana.

Nirvana was never overrated. They were great, and people just recognized it. Kurt was especially talented.

Edited by Rovim

I think Foo Fighters are way better than Nirvana, but I never liked Nirvana. Don't like depressing music. I think Dave Grohl is an amazing musician and he seems to be an awesome guy from the interviews I've seen with him.

Fuckin' greasy metallers, i shoulda known better than to sign up to a forum full of you fuckin' animals :lol: *pelts them all with cans of deodourant* Fuckin' stinky bastards :lol:

And how are your teeth today?

on the sideboard in a glass of water with the steradent where you left them presh, hurry back, I'm feeling peckish and i can't be fucked to move :lol:

Fuckin' greasy metallers, i shoulda known better than to sign up to a forum full of you fuckin' animals :lol: *pelts them all with cans of deodourant* Fuckin' stinky bastards :lol:

But is not Nirvana just as bad? Nirvana harboured in a new sort of greasy spotty teenager. Baggy jeans, black, this on a t-shirt,

41bqkhyV3RL._SY355_.jpg

Yankee 90s cack baggy arsed spotty rock. Uggh.

Nirvana basically created Korn and Limp Biscuits.

Kurt smelt like Teen Spirit! :lol:

(don't try and apply logic to the greasy metallers tirades, it's just me being silly, i don't actually have a problem with em, a fan of Sid Vicious can't really rightly have a go at anyone for being a dirty bastard, there's a before and after picture of Sid out there where, on tour in the US some American roadies forced him to have a bath cuz his crabs were infecting the bedding on the tour bus and in the before and after picture he literally changes colour :lol:).

Smelly bastards :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

But is not Nirvana just as bad? Nirvana harboured in a new sort of greasy spotty teenager. Baggy jeans, black, this on a t-shirt,

41bqkhyV3RL._SY355_.jpg

Yankee 90s cack baggy arsed spotty rock. Uggh.

Nirvana basically created Korn and Limp Biscuits.

I think Faith No More and Chili Peppers are to blame. Metal funk.

Nirvana were like the next Pixies. Doolitle is very like Nirvana. Frank Black was so indignant about Kurts success/suicide. This power trio just stole my idea and made a million bucks.

Nevermind is basically Black Sabbathy riffs meets The Beatlesy pop. The producer consciously suggested bring a more pop sound. If you listen to About a Girl it's great pop rock song. Sliver is a catchy pop punk song. Nirvana are much more of a punk rock n roll band than Korn. Korn have no tunes. One maybe.

But there was a experimental side to Nirvana like Sonic Youth. Incesticide shows that diversity. Underground indie bands like the Vaselines mixed with early Aerosmith or Zepp riffs played wonkily.

I think it's those true punk rock n roll roots is why Nirvana bigger than Pearl Jam in the UK or Korn or Limp for that matter. Nirvana look like they come from Eastern Europe with an early 60s fetish. They didn't have any cheeseiness.

I remember hearing Lithium queuing at a theme park think this isn't right.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Yes but signing on the dole, being called Nigel and smelling faintly of urine is also an associated stereotype, hence my distaste :lol:

Ok given that all stereotypes have some basis in truth, where on earth have you met people like that? :lol:

Yes but signing on the dole, being called Nigel and smelling faintly of urine is also an associated stereotype, hence my distaste :lol:

Ok given that all stereotypes have some basis in truth, where on earth have you met people like that? :lol: