Am I the only one who prefers the Foo Fighters to Nirvana?

Towelie

You can be black too and like da metal.

metal1.jpg?w=550&h=450

Granted you will be a rarity.

010314-fashion-and-beauty-looks-week-Chi

being a dirty metaller i just find nirvana's music boring, also for the record i never said i liked foo fighters i just like more songs its like 3 or 4 to 2 :lol:

Edited by bran

Yes but signing on the dole, being called Nigel and smelling faintly of urine is also an associated stereotype, hence my distaste :lol:

Ok given that all stereotypes have some basis in truth, where on earth have you met people like that? :lol:

Yes but signing on the dole, being called Nigel and smelling faintly of urine is also an associated stereotype, hence my distaste :lol:

Ok given that all stereotypes have some basis in truth, where on earth have you met people like that? :lol:
They've died out of late but usually in the corner of the pub in the mid '90s with a group of 3 or 4 mates, discussing a band they'll never get off the ground :lol: They are generally characterised by an immense distaste for uh...just about everything in popular culture.

Now i think they just stay home drinking cheap vodka and watching 80s video nastys, rueing all the missed oppertunities and shattered relationships their lifestyle choice created :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

I was a bit of metalhead in the middle 1990s, attending Metallica, Maiden and Ozzy shows, and I hate to say it but metalheads are mostly dickheads. Take it from an insider. You basically find yourself hating every other music just because it is not ''evvy''. You mostly wear a lot of skull/logo t-shirts. The thing with metalheads is that they are actually geeks who become geeky about an uber macho culture, to disguise the fact that they are in essence, geeks. You might be guzzling beer a lot and talking like Beavis and Butthead but fundamentally, you are no different from Trekkies or Tolkien modeling 'Elvish' geeks. You are worse really because there is a hypocrisy there.

• Like 2

I was a bit of metalhead in the middle 1990s, attending Metallica, Maiden and Ozzy shows, and I hate to say it but metalheads are mostly dickheads. Take it from an insider. You basically find yourself hating every other music just because it is not ''evvy''. You mostly wear a lot of skull/logo t-shirts. The thing with metalheads is that they are actually geeks who become geeky about an uber macho culture, to disguise the fact that they are in essence, geeks. You might be guzzling beer a lot and talking like Beavis and Butthead but fundamentally, you are no different from Trekkies or Tolkien modeling 'Elvish' geeks. You are worse really because there is a hypocrisy there.

Absolutely nailed it :lol:

It must have been a bit embarrassing for you in the fact that GN'R essentially marketed themselves as a 'heavy metal' band, replete with skulls, crossbones and blood splats. This is what I am talking about, old band imagery,

61sTsESpS1L._UX385_.jpg

To all intents and purposes, that is a Metallica t-shirt. There are many more like it.

And the new band are even worse!

Always considered it their major shortcoming really, the thing that leant them more towards run of the mill as opposed to exceptional. I got called a metaller for about half my life based on liking GnR and a metaller was like, the most loser-ish thing you could be back in my day :lol: 'back in my day!' *waves cane* :lol:

Probably where my deep-seated enmity for them comes from!

Edited by Len B'stard

classy ladies with neck tats.

A contradiction, surely?

Honest to god, I think my days attending rock concerts are over. I would rather just spend the cash on sports tickets or a night out. It is always a bit like, pulling teeth, trying to enjoy a show these days.

It must have been a bit embarrassing for you in the fact that GN'R essentially marketed themselves as a 'heavy metal' band, replete with skulls, crossbones and blood splats. This is what I am talking about, old band imagery,

61sTsESpS1L._UX385_.jpg

To all intents and purposes, that is a Metallica t-shirt. There are many more like it.

Pretty sure that's a new band shirt no?

61sTsESpS1L._UX385_.jpg

Pretty sure that's a new band shirt no?

No no. I remember that back when I was twelve during the Illusion era. There was another shirt from a similar time featuring a skull coming out of a (bad) apple. And there is the skull with a top hat. All very heavy metal.

classy ladies with neck tats.

A contradiction, surely?

Honest to god, I think my days attending rock concerts are over. I would rather just spend the cash on sports tickets or a night out. It is always a bit like, pulling teeth, trying to enjoy a show these days.

The rock concert generally is an anachronism now, awfully dull archetypical affairs where the beer is weak and expensive, you're surrounded by a bunch of stuck up student types and some lame band trying to act like something from their grandparents generation, its depressing.

The Stones my last show. Just too many corporate types who didn't even care about the music. The 2 hour queue in the freezing rain wasn't worth it just for a sing along to Miss You. Ah I've done my back again. Maybe a GNR reunion will get me out of my wheelchair.