DOOM Eternal

Amir

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta admit, real game footage looks way better and faster than the their trailers. Very cool secret. Also, the neutral light filters are so much more appealing to my eyes than that diarrhea orange they put as the standard looks of the game. Are they trying to emulate a Michael bay movie or something? They should also unscript the chainsaw, make it a damage dealing weapon, instead of an execution one.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the beta multiplayer thing, due to the fact that there were loadouts and people would mostly camp on upgrades spawns, as for the rest, it seems that the lack of speed from the first teasers are gone. players and critics, metacritic are giving mostly good reviews (80). Guess I'll try this one out afterall. Will probably mod this stupid chainsaw out of the game and the urine filters also. The glory kills are pretty bland and lame, doomguy rips a part from the monster and then proceeds to stick it back somewhere else, clearly made to appeal the pre pubescent "br00tal" crowd. It's still lacking a decent soundtrack as well... otherwise looks good. Will probably not be remembered as dat great classic, like 1 and 2.

The consensus seems to be great single-player, disappointing multiplayer. I don't have anything capable of playing the game so I'll pick it up in a year or so's time when I finally get around to building a decent gaming PC.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing this as much as I can find time to, im playing the campaign but I am absolutely useless, beyond useless in fact, I do like it though. It scares me a bit too :lol:

Im guessing I am going to be totally bottom of everything online lol 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

• 1 month later...

Downloaded the single-player demo, seeing if I could get it to run on my 2012 Macbook Pro (early i7 quad-core 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM, 1GB GTX 650M).

Load it up, the intro videos are running at about 1 frame every five seconds (but they're just video files?!). Game crashes.

Load it up again, videos play fine, but upon entering advanced settings I get a "application trying to use more video memory than GPU has available" message. Crash.

3rd time's the charm. Set everything to low/off in settings, and turned the resolution all the way down to 640x480 (if it was good enough for the Dreamcast...).

Ran at 30-60fps; indoor environment put more strain on than outdoor I guess due to the increased number of effects.

I had a great time; would consider buying it on a sale even on my relative potato of a machine. 

17 minutes ago, Amir said:

Downloaded the single-player demo, seeing if I could get it to run on my 2012 Macbook Pro (early i7 quad-core 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM, 1GB GTX 650M).

Load it up, the intro videos are running at about 1 frame every five seconds (but they're just video files?!). Game crashes.

Load it up again, videos play fine, but upon entering advanced settings I get a "application trying to use more video memory than GPU has available" message. Crash.

3rd time's the charm. Set everything to low/off in settings, and turned the resolution all the way down to 640x480 (if it was good enough for the Dreamcast...).

Ran at 30-60fps; indoor environment put more strain on than outdoor I guess due to the increased number of effects.

I had a great time; would consider buying it on a sale even on my relative potato of a machine. 

Best game I've played in ages. Got it for my XBoxOne and I bought it for my PC but I need a better graphics card for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Best game I've played in ages. Got it for my XBoxOne and I bought it for my PC but I need a better graphics card for that. 

A friend has it on PS4 and I play often. It's pretty good and is a lot of fun, but no where near "best game I've played in ages." Is this the only game you've played in ages? :P

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Looking good. I just hope the glory kills will be less present this time around. They're kinda boring.

They could give Quake 1 the same treatment. It never got a sequel, the strogg are ok, but many of us wanted more lovecraft. Quake Champions is nice and all, but I feel that Q1's quirkness was never fully explored ans it HAD potential. They even teased some stuff in Ranger's lore on QC. They could continue his story...

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:42 PM, Silent Jay said:

First day buyer.

Did you get the Doom redux Pre-order?  I bought 2 for some dumb reason, one to open and one to save.  It's worth less than when I bought it, but the one I opened makes it worthwhile.  The Revenant figuring sits on my computer and looks bad ass as hell when the lights are off, but it's on.  If they do a similar promo, I'll waste more money on another one!

My Favorite series of all time

Quake <Quake II is why I game online>

Resident Evil < I will never be more hyped for a game than I was for RE:2>

Doom <The reason I am a gamer>

Zelda <Maybe even more of a reason than Doom, in the sense that my DAD loved it too, and fed my video game habit until I had a job because of Zelda!>

See the source image

Edited by DeadSlash

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay. I did pre order it. It is a Bethesda (parcially) game, but I'll take the risk. I was rather displeased with their most recent entries, namely, Quake Champions and Rage 3 (thank god I did not fall for fallout 76), but this one seems different. I guess I owe them my goodwill after Doom 2016.