Slash is a Liar - can you clarify or put into better context?

Apollo

After all, nobody could provide proof in the "Slash badmouthing Axl" topic, not one f*cking quote, and yet those same people still talk about how much Slash has badmouthed Axl.

It's a weird world we live in bro.

You keep turning every topic into an Axl-vs-Slash thing.

:facepalm:

Edited by GUNNER PT

I get that you guys are just joking by brining up Gunner's two locked threads, but please just let that go. These Axl Vs Slash, Who Lied, Who Screwed Who Over, etc topics never end well, but they go down hill even faster when old/locked topics get brought into it.

• Like 2

Just to add on to what Russ has mentioned, this section of the forum should be limited to asking Marc questions relating to his own experiences and insights into the band and its various members. If you want to go down the very tired path of Axl v. Slash, please do so in Civil War.

Let's try to keep this corner of the forum classy :shades:

• Like 2

More than a liar, Slash is in my opinion, a contradictory person, sometimes bipolar... Liar is too simple of a label.

Slash is complicated, if you read his book he makes you feel like you are in a rollercoaster of emotions when it comes to Axl. His book is like, one paragraph "Axl is the love of my life, I never met anyone like him before" and the following paragraphs explain how Axl is a monster. A monster you can easily fall in love with, though.

I don't think he lies about those feelings toward Axl, but it's hard to understand where he stands with all that.

And he's not cool anymore... last interviews I've seen of him, his face is like a rock. He doesn't smile anymore, he doesn't joke around anymore. I don't know if it's because he gets nervous or upset with all the reunion questions but he's changed...

I haven't figure him out completely yet.

:shrugs:

I haven't seen enough footage of him recently to say whether he doesn't smile any more but if it is the case remember he is going through a divorce.

No matter how unhappy he was you don't totally walk away from 19 years together and the mother of your children without reprecussions/sadness/mixed emotions - despite the new/old girlfriend and matching tatts.

More than a liar, Slash is in my opinion, a contradictory person, sometimes bipolar... Liar is too simple of a label.

Slash is complicated, if you read his book he makes you feel like you are in a rollercoaster of emotions when it comes to Axl. His book is like, one paragraph "Axl is the love of my life, I never met anyone like him before" and the following paragraphs explain how Axl is a monster. A monster you can easily fall in love with, though.

I don't think he lies about those feelings toward Axl, but it's hard to understand where he stands with all that.

And he's not cool anymore... last interviews I've seen of him, his face is like a rock. He doesn't smile anymore, he doesn't joke around anymore. I don't know if it's because he gets nervous or upset with all the reunion questions but he's changed...

I haven't figure him out completely yet.

:shrugs:

I haven't seen enough footage of him recently to say whether he doesn't smile any more but if it is the case remember he is going through a divorce.

No matter how unhappy he was you don't totally walk away from 19 years together and the mother of your children without reprecussions/sadness/mixed emotions - despite the new/old girlfriend and matching tatts.

Yeah we don't know what is actually going on in his personal life, but the best thing about him is that at least he is making music and touring for the fans

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it's him who filed the divorce, not the other way around.

And even though it's always a tough thing, Slash is not like a regular guy going into depression because of that and he's certainly not staying at home crying for his marriage gone wrong.

He got into a new relationship pretty soon and that's always way better than going through divorce sad and alone.

Yeah...although when Perla raids his bank accounts because she was his business manager, she knows what he's worth. It could turn out nasty or amicable. Either way it's the kids that suffer during a divorce.

Edited by wkuk04
  • Like 1

It's all really not that complicated.

Slash, like anyone else, portrays himself as he wants to be portrayed. He doesn't want to seem like a guy into sappy ballads, especially considering all the sappy 80's power ballads. Even though obviously SCOM wasn't one of those, Slash doesn't want to endorse that. So he plays it off.

It's no secret Slash has publicly not been kind to Axl in the past, particularly at the beginning of the VR when he was sick of the questions.

When Guns blew up so quick, both Axl and Slash got too big for their britches and couldnt hold it together. The specifics after that are just specifics, but really it's not any one person's fault. Maybe if Slash and the band had taken less of Axl's shit at the beginning it never would have gotten so bad. Maybe if Axl weren't such a dickhead to begin with there wouldn't be any trouble.

More often than not, there is no secret conspiracy or hidden agenda in situations like this. What happened to Guns is what happened to any bands before it. Worst case they never get back together. Second worst case, they do a Pink Floyd and only play one giant show while still hating each other's guts. Best case they do a full blown reunion. Don't lose sleep over either but speculating is fun.

Seriously, bro?

By your logic, we can just address every single human person as "Oh, that Gunner is a liar." Because I'm sure you've lied one time in your life.

Surely you can see the difference between saying somebody told a lie once as opposed to continually labeling somebody a liar. Please tell me you see the difference.

What logic? I see the difference ... just watch my post.

I just don't know what do you mean when you say that some people call Slash a liar. I don't see anyone saying that Slash is always lying. What some people say is that sometimes Slash lies to look cool ... which is exactly what Marc said ... he just gave an example, it doesn't mean there's no others ...

If he says that he doesn't like playing SCOM but, actually he does .... well, looks like a lie to me. If you ask me if it is a big lie, of course it isn't. If you ask me if it makes Slash a big liar, of course it doesn't. But it's still a lie and proves that sometimes he lies to look cool ... which is what some people say about him.

So, nothing new here ...

Even though it comes straight from the horse's mouth, I doubt it will matter that much.

After all, nobody could provide proof in the "Slash badmouthing Axl" topic, not one f*cking quote, and yet those same people still talk about how much Slash has badmouthed Axl.

It's real weird. Even you said Slash badmouthed Axl:

Both guys have badmouthed the other one.

Even Slash admitted in his book, and here (4m55s):

It's really a weird world ...

You said "some people" say that Slash lies to look cool. One person who would actually know said it, then a bunch of Axl worshippers just repeat it like its a fact.

Should we start labeling Axl as a woman beater and say he is late for shows and that he is unprepared for shows because of rio, Bridgeport and MTV music awards? All those things happened. Do we take things that Cobain (one person) said about Axl and start repeating it as fact?

Of course not.

But that's what you and a couple do with Slash in your ongoing quest to justify everything Axl does and criticize everything Slash does.

Continually saying that Slash lies is just petty and juvenile. And to be honest, it shouldn't be allowed on a fan forum. We should all be better than that.

IMO, Axl is the mother of all liars. Coming on here talking all this bullshit about 3 albums coming out every other year, videos, blah blah blah. Yet he gets a free pass. The fact people on here focus on shit done and said 20+ years ago in a fog of drugs and alcohol and expect these guys to remember it like it was yesterday is probably the most moronic thing I ever experienced.

• Like 1

Seriously, bro?

By your logic, we can just address every single human person as "Oh, that Gunner is a liar." Because I'm sure you've lied one time in your life.

Surely you can see the difference between saying somebody told a lie once as opposed to continually labeling somebody a liar. Please tell me you see the difference.

I just don't know what do you mean when you say that some people call Slash a liar. I don't see anyone saying that Slash is always lying. What some people say is that sometimes Slash lies to look cool ... which is exactly what Marc said ... he just gave an example, it doesn't mean there's no others ...

If he says that he doesn't like playing SCOM but, actually he does .... well, looks like a lie to me. If you ask me if it is a big lie, of course it isn't. If you ask me if it makes Slash a big liar, of course it doesn't. But it's still a lie and proves that sometimes he lies to look cool ... which is what some people say about him.

So, nothing new here ...

Even though it comes straight from the horse's mouth, I doubt it will matter that much.

You said "some people" say that Slash lies to look cool. One person who would actually know said it, then a bunch of Axl worshippers just repeat it like its a fact.

Should we start labeling Axl as a woman beater and say he is late for shows and that he is unprepared for shows because of rio, Bridgeport and MTV music awards? All those things happened. Do we take things that Cobain (one person) said about Axl and start repeating it as fact?

Of course not.

But that's what you and a couple do with Slash in your ongoing quest to justify everything Axl does and criticize everything Slash does.

Continually saying that Slash lies is just petty and juvenile. And to be honest, it shouldn't be allowed on a fan forum. We should all be better than that.

IMO, Axl is the mother of all liars. Coming on here talking all this bullshit about 3 albums coming out every other year, videos, blah blah blah. Yet he gets a free pass. The fact people on here focus on shit done and said 20+ years ago in a fog of drugs and alcohol and expect these guys to remember it like it was yesterday is probably the most moronic thing I ever experienced.

You are right about somethings being fussy that Duff and Slash had said about what went down 20 plus years ago as their stories sometimes differ from each other and the dates sometimes don't even match but I also dodn't think Axl is lying either when he told me the record is coming out nov of 2006 or other dates after that didn't pan out either and about when the band will be putting out other music or how many songs they had done or the Better video. At the time he said those things, he meant it but things come up that for some reason only come up in Axls world and things chance.

• Like 1

Seriously, bro?

So, nothing new here ...

Of course not.

You are right about somethings being fussy that Duff and Slash had said about what went down 20 plus years ago as their stories sometimes differ from each other and the dates sometimes don't even match but I also dodn't think Axl is lying either when he told me the record is coming out nov of 2006 or other dates after that didn't pan out either and about when the band will be putting out other music or how many songs they had done or the Better video. At the time he said those things, he meant it but things come up that for some reason only come up in Axls world and things chance.

Too bad "things come up in Axl's world" like a world class timepiece. Did you ever get to hear the purported big guns we never got to hear that Sebastian claims to have heard? Do you know if anything exists completed. I think I read recently this most recent version of the band has never been to a studio or written together? Ever want to ask Axl why even bother with the new guys anymore? I mean the guy ain't getting any younger. Just got your book but haven't had a chance to dig into it!

• 3 weeks later...

Lying to look cool and being a liar is pretty much the same when it's messing with your career. It's only in the context of Axl that any one cares or tries to work why Axl is distant from Slash. This element is pretty much why or at least the only thing we can see. Is there any other reason Axl won't work with Slash?

• 2 months later...

Is there any other reason Axl won't work with Slash?

Slash stole 15 years of Axl's life according to Axl. Slash has mislead the public and used the media to paint Axl as the bad guy that is responsible for the demise of old Guns according to Axl.

He didn't give access to Fall To Pieces, he didn't want Axl to change Snakepit 1, guitar in hand, VR propaganda, didn't want to work on November Rain and Estranged, clothing change, worked very hard to damage new Guns according to Axl and said My World was perfect just so Axl will get shit for it. Ata.

Edited by Rovim

I thought My world was very cool and a head of its time. Axl created something out of nothing. he was just fucking around one day in the studio and came up with it.

Thats fair, although I think how he went about including it without telling anyone, knowing how different it was, was a bad move and wrong. And then on top of it, he did it two albums in a row. I'd get pissed with that shit if I were the rest of the band. Did they ever mention being angry or annoyed with that? At least Axl could have been honest with his bandmates.

It was an interesting experiment My World. I personally think it's horrid, but it kinda showed Axl was learning more and seriously looking into electronic, industrial, and techno music which led to songs I really enjoy which also showed his progress in that style with first Oh My God, to Shackler's, and maybe his most successful attempt in Better.

Edited by Rovim