Narcotic Pain Meds

I have some chronic back pain issues. Today I went to the pain clinic and the doctor told me that he would do a spinal injection on me during my next visit. My family doctor has been prescribing hydrocodone for me for when I'm in severe pain at night and can't relax due to the pain. The problem is, hydrocodone makes me completely wired. The doctor at the pain clinic today prescribed Percocet instead of the hydrocodone, hoping to fix this problem. Well, it's way past my normal bedtime and I can't sleep. It seems that this medication has the same side effect on me. Does anyone else have this problem? I do exercises to try to lessen the pain, but it's not working, so the nightly medication is necessary for now. I'm planning on calling the doctor tomorrow.

No, I haven't tried that. I live in Illinois and it is all new. I hate taking the opioids, but it seems that they're the only things the doctors prescribe. I'm hoping the spinal injections work. He's taking about something called nerve burning, too. I haven't looked it up, yet but I will. That one sounds scary!

Do you know the reason for your backpain? Excersising when doing it the wrong way can be more damaging. Sometimes it's even better just to keep moving, but not excersising.

I am a chronic pain patient, but don't take heavy painmedication, that stuff scares me. I hear really good stories about medical marijuana as well btw.

Edited by MB.

Do you know the reason for your backpain? Excersising when doing it the wrong way can be more damaging. Sometimes it's even better just to keep moving, but not excersising.

I am a chronic pain patient, but don't take heavy painmedication, that stuff scares me. I hear really good stories about medical marijuana as well btw.

The exercises I do are the physical therapy exercises the therapist taught me. They think the main reason for my pain is because I fell out of a tree and broke my back when I was a kid.

The exercises I do are the physical therapy exercises the therapist taught me. They think the main reason for my pain is because I fell out of a tree and broke my back when I was a kid.

I would suggest to always go to another physical therapist and see what he has to say. It's just an advise. I have done a therapy what even made my backpain worse. Just as a second opinion.

I would suggest to always go to another physical therapist and see what he has to say. It's just an advise. I have done a therapy what even made my backpain worse. Just as a second opinion.

Good idea. I've been dealing with this for years and it's awful.

Lol.. Maybe try some edibles, or tincture. You job about any of that stuff? Might make your pills more tolerable. Or even eliminate the need for them all together.

Getting rid of it completely would be totally awesome! I haven't tried anything else besides what the doctor has suggested. I didn't sleep last night either. I usually metabolize medicine very quickly, therefore side effects don't usually last too long for me. If it keeps up, I'm gonna have to try something else because this shit sucks!

No medical marijuana I'm assuming? Cuz you can find a dose that won't get you wrecked. The cbds in marijuana are where the majority of medical uses come from. And they have strains that are high in cbd and low in thc. I dunno what the laws are but up here if you're on opiates for pain and want to get medical marijuana instead, you'll get your medical card in a heartbeat.

No medical marijuana I'm assuming? Cuz you can find a dose that won't get you wrecked. The cbds in marijuana are where the majority of medical uses come from. And they have strains that are high in cbd and low in thc. I dunno what the laws are but up here if you're on opiates for pain and want to get medical marijuana instead, you'll get your medical card in a heartbeat.

They just legalized medical marijuana, but the program hasn't started yet. It's supposed to be really hard to get a card. You have to be practically die before you'll get it.

They just legalized medical marijuana, but the program hasn't started yet. It's supposed to be really hard to get a card. You have to be practically die before you'll get it.

But they'll prescribe you narcotic painkillers. Wtf is wrong with our country??

• Like 3

I wonder the same thing all the time!

Money.

• Like 1