Don Henley (Eagles) about playing drums with GN'R

i was just reading an interview and found that quote:

I was surprised to see you playing drums with Guns -n- Roses at the American Music Awards show last year. What prompted you to sit in with the band?

They asked me to. It was after Axl came down and did the vocals on "I Will Not Go Quietly." I was in the studio about two or three weeks later and the phone rang. It was Axl. He says: "I got a proposition for you. We've got to play the American Music Awards, and our drummer's sick. We want you to play the drums." I was a little taken aback by the proposition, I can tell you that. So I told him I'd think about it and call him back. I told Danny what Axl wanted me to do and he said, "You gotta do this. You have to do this." So I called Axl back and said okay. Fortunately it was a ballad that we played, not a balls-to-the-wall number. I rehearsed with Axl a couple of days, although the whole band never showed up. But it was a piece of cake. There was really nothing to it.

Source: http://www.effingham.net/bishop/DonHenley.htm

Edited by ChrisMaciel
  • Like 2

I bought the song the other day. I really liked it!!! even if it's from the 80's and sounds weird to my ears, I loved it.

So much wish Axl had done more collaborations with that kind of artists. How come he never sang with Elton? :(

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS

its great to read about how these things happened. I have always wondered how Don ended up on the drums kit for that performance...

That live version of Patience is pure gold, PRICELESS

Its a shame that Axl's voice is buried under Don's voice on I Will Not Go Quietly

Whoever did this (I am inclined to think that Don had something to do with it) had no idea.A

And just wasted the chance to have best singer ever turn an average song into something actually good.

I like the Eagles, but this is awesome:

I hate The Eagles and it's wholly accurate :lol:

A group of students did a rendition of Hotel California last night at the Senior Arts Whatever. That's all you need to know about why I hate The Eagles.

That sounds about as worthy a setting for a student massacre than just about any other scenario i can think of at this moment.

Edited by Len B'stard

A group of students did a rendition of Hotel California last night at the Senior Arts Whatever. That's all you need to know about why I hate The Eagles.

That sounds about as worthy a setting for a student massacre than just about any other scenario i can think of at this moment.

The show opened with two guys doing an acoustic duet of some My Chemical Romance song. I can't remember what song because obviously I don't listen to My Chemical Romance. The show closed with Free Fallin'. Imagine all the worst possible things. They happened. I had to smile and clap.

• Like 2

Do people not like the Eagles because of that line in The Big Lebowski? lol

And...Tom Petty kicks ass. Free Fallin' isn't my favorite song of his, but I can't see how that was a bad thing.

No...people do not like The Eagles because their music is the worst kind of mindless fluff and their songs are massively overplayed.

Edited by themadcaplaughs