Seinfeld

For me, seasons 1 and 2 were some of my favourites. Really liked the dry and slower pace and almost existential tone exhibited in most of the episodes (Male Unbonding; The Jacket; The Chinese Restaurant; The Heart Attack). Those episodes felt more real when compared to later seasons (particularly 7 and 8). By the end most of the characters felt like exaggerated caricatures of themselves.

My hands down favourite episode is The Marine Biologist. Not a better final scene than when George pulls out the golf ball from his pocket.

Great show. Watch it every day when I wake up (they show two episodes everyday from 8 to 9 am). It never got popular in Brazil (specially compared to shitty "Friends"). Today's episode was the one Kramer makes a "smoke club" in his apartment and gets an horrendous appearance, decides to sue the tobacco companies. Also Bob Odenkirk makes an appearance as a fake doctor. Great stuff.

I have been watching Seinfeld forever! Love this show.

I actually like most of the episodes that started when Elaine got her hair cut in 95-96.

I have so many faves it would be too many to list. My kids and I constantly quote Seinfeld during out day. So many great lines just come up in your conversations.

I still watch the shows that are on every night on TBS. Tonight is The Doll which is one of my all time favorites.

One of the best tv shows of all times.

I fuckin hate that show, its so...dreary and middle of the road and...shite.

Friends fan Lenny?

Edit: My Vandelay Industries shirt came in today!!

Thats even fuckin' worse man :lol: The only way wring comedy out of middle class people is by lampooning them and sending them up.

I swear Lenny hates most things on the virtue of them:

1. Being metal.

2. Being American

The first one is wholly accurate but the second one is pretty untrue, 99% of the music i listen to is American, in fact i can't offhand think of an American genre of music that i DONT like (metal ain't American, it comes from Birmingham :lol:), all the literature like Hemmingway, The Beat Generation, Walt Whitman, Hunter Thompson etc are American, the vast majority of cinema i watch is American (and i've watched a very vast amount over my life!), a lot of the clothes i wear are American, i live almost entire on fast food popularised by America. Boxing too, possibly my biggest obssession boxing, though invented by the English, is perfected by Americans. I stay up til 5am every Saturday to partake in American culture whilst the rest of the nation is sleeping :lol:

It's just they can't do sitcoms to my mind, just can't pull it off, especially the middle classes of America, just desperately unfunny. Amazing stand up though, much better than English stand up, by huge amounts, historically speaking.

Y'know, with America i get the impression that all the cool stuff about America is all the stuff the American establishment seem slightly embarassed about? This ain't some fuckin' gospel here, just an outsiders observation through media.

But yeah, can't be having fuckin' Seinfeld and Friends and all that, there's just no wit to it, it doesn't appear to be about anything, I'm not sure what they are laughing at half the time. I mean i see a joke there and a punchline and everything but...it's just dull.

Broadly speaking American humour is like third party humour, you and the comedian laugh at that thing over there, or that occurance. English humour is like look at me, I'm a twat :lol: And the latter works better because you can do more with it.

Edited by Len B'stard