World War Z sequel gets a 2017 release date

Today, reporting that Paramount has set a release date for Brad Pitt‘s World War Z sequel. Barring any setbacks, it is expected to arrive in theatersJune 9, 2017, the same weekend as Fox‘s Fantastic Four 2.J.A. Bayona is set to direct “World War Z 2,” which was written by Steven Knight. David Ellison‘s Skydance will produce with Pitt’s company Plan B Entertainment.Expect the “Fantastic Four” sequel to eventually move, as it’s extremely unlikely that Hollywood would release two high-profile sequels that cater to the same audience on the same day.

No word on the cast yet, but star Brad Pitt is expected to return. Additionally, Juan Antonio Bayona (The Impossible) has been chosen to direct the sequel with Steven Knight(Pawn Sacrifice) penning the script.

http://www.filimcrunch.com/movies/paramounts-world-war-z-sequel-gets-a-2017-release-date/

Going in, not knowing how horribly they strayed from the book of the same title, I liked it. Good Hollywood zombie movie. Though I thought they wrapped up the end pretty well in the first. No Brad Pitt? No thanks.

Going in, not knowing how horribly they strayed from the book of the same title, I liked it. Good Hollywood zombie movie. Though I thought they wrapped up the end pretty well in the first. No Brad Pitt? No thanks.

Didn't read or care about the book. I just hated how the movie felt like Brad Pitt was just spectating everything while in absolutely no danger of dying. When he survived the plane crash with minor injuries it was done.

I watched it on cable. Don't like Brad Pitt, but it was interesting enough.

I did see a sequel since the ending was left open.

Not sure if I will go to the movies or wait for it to be on cable.

Since movies cost over $10 now and if it's 3D you pay extra for glasses and snacks, I pick my movies very carefully now.

Since movies cost over $10 now and if it's 3D you pay extra for glasses and snacks, I pick my movies very carefully now.

Except it really wasn't. Cure worked, humanity saved, Brad Pitt reunited with his family. Pretty non-open ended to me.

I could see a parallel sequel working, like another story happening somewhere else in the world while the events of World War Z are taking place. It's obvious from the montage at the end with Pitt's voiceover (And the script drafts) that there are other stories to be told about the zombie outbreak elsewhere in the world.

• Like 1

Except it really wasn't. Cure worked, humanity saved, Brad Pitt reunited with his family. Pretty non-open ended to me.

Like T2 - destroys the microchip? Like Aliens - destroys the queen mother?

• Like 1

Like T2 - destroys the microchip? Like Aliens - destroys the queen mother?

Yeah, but those were closed endings that hollywood just fucked up :facepalm: