Have we seen the last live performance from Axl Rose?

As a rockstar, Axl has reached his zenith, he is in his golden years so to speak. With band members leaving, no sign of releasing new music ever and having Axl's age in mind, have we seen the last live performance from him? These days he seems mostly occupied with wishing his 'brother' from his adopted Brazilian family a happy birthday, was the 2014 Vegas recidency the last we ever saw of him?

:max:

Edited by AppetiteForGnR

I dont think so... we may see more cash grabbing tours like in the last 4 years, or just a few Vegas residencies... The only thing that would inspire Axl to get in shape again and train his voice again would be a reunion, but we all know how Axl is...

I don't think that was Axl writting Happy BDay to Nando in the GNR account.

Probably it was the owner of the band himself. An scheduled post, just in case someone forgot who rules GNR.

Edited by tinyrobot

I'm in the camp of "Axl is done."

This would be exactly how he goes out: with a whimper. No announcement, no big finale, just fade away into the shadows of irrelevance.

I was driving home today and heard Civil War on the radio. They didn't play TWAT or DJ's SUPER DARK DEATH MARCH BALLAD OF EVIL AND DARKNESS or anything by those "gods of rock" Paul Tobias and Chris Pitman. As far as the world is concerned, GNR ended after UYI.

I'm sure Axl finally realizes his failure, and he'll just go hide in Malibu with a stack of burgers while Fernando uses "his" band's social media account to send messages to whatever C-list starlet he wants to bang.

I think Axl is preparing to move on as a solo artist. I get that people say he's already doing a solo thing, but I think it will be much more official in terms of how he tours, the venues, the name, etc.

Point is I think we will see much more of Axl. He has a passion to perform and put on shows for people. But who knows right. I just think he is ready to strip the show down, and go back to basics. He still has an excellent voice but it's more limited now. He's only good within a certain range currently. I could see him moving on to slower songs with lower vocals on a new album.

• Like 1

I think Axl is preparing to move on as a solo artist. I get that people say he's already doing a solo thing, but I think it will be much more official in terms of how he tours, the venues, the name, etc.

Point is I think we will see much more of Axl. He has a passion to perform and put on shows for people. But who knows right. I just think he is ready to strip the show down, and go back to basics. He still has an excellent voice but it's more limited now. He's only good within a certain range currently. I could see him moving on to slower songs with lower vocals on a new album.

You've just sent shivers down my spine. I would be just as happy with this and maybe a few gnr concerts in between when the other members aren't doing their own thing.

3 options

- cash grab tours, then retire
- new album, touring, retire

- reunion, retire (doubtful)

I don't think he is done YET
we have seen much longer hiatus then he came back. BBF's departure is not really a problem, Axl could hire anybody for his place at this point

Yes, he aged badly, but it seems that he doesn't give a crap when sounds like Mickey Mouse and looks like shit so...

There's no way that he could go solo (officialy) now...

so all this "Axl is done" bullcrap is hilarious and mostly coming from people whom only came here to mock Axl's every move

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

You kidding? If Axl has as big an ego as people say why would he go out without actually telling anyone? And what's he going to do now? He's done solid touring since 2009, he's probably taking a break. Not to mention they need some time to either replace Bumble or rearrange songs/parts.

Edited by MrSoftie
  • Like 2

You kidding? If Axl has as big an ego as people say why would he go out without actually telling anyone? And what's he going to do now? He's done solid touring since 2009, he's probably taking a break. Not to mention they need some time to either replace Bumble or rearrange songs/parts.

Agree totally, you can't lose bumble then go 'ok back on stage'. Who plays what or get finck back in or whoever takes time. Solid touring for ages, give them a break n see which Axl turns up , the one who gives a shit or one that doesn't wanna be there.

Still can't believe people think a reunion will ever happen, it won't , move on it ain't 1992 anymore

• Like 1

My opinion on this should be filed under "I Would LOVE To Be Wrong" but I've been thinking we've seen his last performance for a little while now.

I don't think they'll tour til the middle of next year, sixx am doing a world tour , dead daisies on the road and so are the replacements , so that's a lot of gunners doing other stuff

Edited by dando

Absolutely not. I think he'll tour again and release at least CD ll and maybe the remix album but I don't know the order of which these actions will take place, or how long it will take Axl to get there.

He said he's not going anywhere, and hopefully has at least few good years. I imagine he means the Gn'R thing is not quite over yet, But anything is possbile cause Axl is very unpredictable, at least in some ways.

I don't think he'll go away without saying goodbye, unless he has a "for sale" sign on his mansion and cleared the contents of his home and just vanished. Which would be fucking cool in a way, to just disappear without saying goodbye. He has the money to live anywhere in the world. The funniest thing would be if he moved back to Indiana but he could just as well move to Brazil or near where his siblings live.

I'm shocked to say I'm actually optimistic about what the next 3-5 years will bring. There are two ways this is going as I see it:

1) Reunion with Axl, Dizzy, Duff, Izzy, Slash, Matt Sorum. 2-3 year tour and call it a day (I can't see any situation where an album would be produced).

2) After multiple complaints from current band members about not being able to do anything, he has given them all 2 years to do whatever they want. In the meantime, I have to assume he would be working on something. Even though we had 15 years between albums, I don't think there was a 2-year window in there where he did absolutely nothing.

I have a very hard time based on band members comments that the second option is taking place, because they have no idea what is going on, or have left the band. There's no clear "we're all taking some time to do our own thing". It's just complete cluelessness so my feeling is Axl has told them you'll have free time - how much I don't know. Otherwise Ron would be celebrating right now as opposed to bashing GNR and claiming he "can't say anything".

To me, a reunion will take place mid-2016. If there's nothing by then, I expect a new album and tour with a somewhat new lineup by 2017.

Solid touring for ages, give them a break n see which Axl turns up , the one who gives a shit or one that doesn't wanna be there.

Still can't believe people think a reunion will ever happen, it won't , move on it ain't 1992 anymore

Solid touring for ages?

Years and shows:

2015: 0

2014: 26

2013: 22

So in the last 2.5 years, approximately 900 days, GnR has done 48 hows.

2012: 71

2011: 42

2010: 75

2009: 3

2008: 7

The band has done 246 shows in the last 7.5 years. That averages out to 32 shows per year.

I've never understood this false notion that GnR has toured extensively and deserves a break between albums/tours. If the band is so wore out from their 48 shows in the last 2.5 years, why is every member of the band (except Axl) out there currently performing/touring/putting out albums???

Absolutely not. I think he'll tour again and release at least CD ll and maybe the remix album but I don't know the order of which these actions will take place, or how long it will take Axl to get there.

He said he's not going anywhere, and hopefully has at least few good years. I imagine he means the Gn'R thing is not quite over yet, But anything is possbile cause Axl is very unpredictable, at least in some ways.

He surely does have a few good years left. But it makes no sense to continue to wait and wait. The man - like all of us - is just getting older and older.

A remix album at this point would cement GnR as a laughing stock of the rock world. One album in 20-plus years, which was released seven years ago. I can't even fathom how anybody with a triple digit IQ in the GnR camp would say "You know, instead of an album of new material, I think a remix album of CD would be the way to go."

• Like 2

He will come back, he will tour, most prob a new guitarist, If Ron is doing nothing that time, most prob Ron will come back, they will tour for 2 or 3 years with the same songs, Maybe a new album by 2020, After 2002 also he dint tour for a while and there was no info from him or his camp rather than hearing that CD will coming out in the next few months, Similarly what happened after 2007

Hopefully no. I would like to laugh some more.

Yeah, the forum will be a lot less funnier when Axl finally decides to quit. The amount of butthurt caused by his anticlimatic retirement (with no reunion, no new album, no announcement, no thank you note, etc.) will generate some funny threads (specially in other forums, where he will be praised for wow such integrity) but it will be the final nail to the coffin. It's gonna be a sad day.