Have we seen the last live performance from Axl Rose?

Hopefully no. I would like to laugh some more.

Yeah, the forum will be a lot less funnier when Axl finally decides to quit. The amount of butthurt caused by his anticlimatic retirement (with no reunion, no new album, no announcement, no thank you note, etc.) will generate some funny threads (specially in other forums, where he will be praised for wow such integrity) but it will be the final nail to the coffin. It's gonna be a sad day.

Tears run down my face as I think of that day.

maybe the remix album

Who fckn cares about a remix album anyway? ChD it's mixed enough ... no, no more mixes ... fck that ...

So just because you don't want to hear it, my interest in hearing it is somehow misguided and wrong? please evolve as a poster. The quality of it is horrid.

It doesn't preclude anything else of being released, and if the remix album will be released someday, you can always choose not to buy and listen to it.

It's not like more resources need to be invested in it as Axl said it's done. It could be a nice bonus for fans who liked Chinese.

Edited by Rovim

This is honestly such a silly question.

Axl Rose can hit the road and do a theater tour and people would show up in droves. I would be pumped to see Axl playing piano versions of his songs without a backing band, or just having someone tour with him to pick the guitar over tracks like "Catcher." It would be phenomenal.

No, we haven't seen the last of Axl Rose.

• Like 1

maybe the remix album

Who fckn cares about a remix album anyway? ChD it's mixed enough ... no, no more mixes ... fck that ...

So just because you don't want to hear it, my interest in hearing it is somehow misguided and wrong? please evolve as a poster. The quality of it is horrid.

It doesn't preclude anything else of being released, and if the remix album will be released someday, you can always choose not to buy and listen to it.

It's not like more resources need to be invested in it as Axl said it's done. It could be a nice bonus for fans who liked Chinese.

Who said it's wrong? .. I just gave my opinion about a remixed ChD, bro ...

I wasn't talking about you ... maybe you should do the same regarding me ...

No, Axl will be back. Some people on this forum just have a penchant for the dramatics.

If Axl plays his cards right he has another 10/12 years of performing ahead of him. I don't think we're gonna see a 70 year old Axl banging out Welcome to the jungle though. He has an end game in sight, I'm sure but if you think he's done you've really not a clue. He claims that he doesn't think he's done enough to earn his status and stresses that he needs to do more, I disagree. People are famous for much, much less and he's had a huge impact on rock music.

My bet is that he comes back next year, business as usual (starts off with weak performances, gets good, goes away again). No new album but maybe a new album in 2017...

Edited by Tom2112

Unless there is a reunion...probably. If most/all of the remaining unreleased songs were recorded 10-15 years ago, and Axl proved to have a lot of issues singing the CD songs in the last few years, I definitely can see rest of the songs getting released in a box set in a few years and Axl doing zero promotion for it and not performing any of them in public ever. The rest of the band has moved on and their side projects are more labor intensive than anything GNR is doing.

My opinion on this should be filed under "I Would LOVE To Be Wrong" but I've been thinking we've seen his last performance for a little while now.

If they touring again are you willing to give your admin rights to me?

If they don't tour in 2016, i will never post here again

Deal?

I'm shocked to say I'm actually optimistic about what the next 3-5 years will bring. There are two ways this is going as I see it:

1) Reunion with Axl, Dizzy, Duff, Izzy, Slash, Matt Sorum. 2-3 year tour and call it a day (I can't see any situation where an album would be produced).

2) After multiple complaints from current band members about not being able to do anything, he has given them all 2 years to do whatever they want. In the meantime, I have to assume he would be working on something. Even though we had 15 years between albums, I don't think there was a 2-year window in there where he did absolutely nothing.

I have a very hard time based on band members comments that the second option is taking place, because they have no idea what is going on, or have left the band. There's no clear "we're all taking some time to do our own thing". It's just complete cluelessness so my feeling is Axl has told them you'll have free time - how much I don't know. Otherwise Ron would be celebrating right now as opposed to bashing GNR and claiming he "can't say anything".

To me, a reunion will take place mid-2016. If there's nothing by then, I expect a new album and tour with a somewhat new lineup by 2017.

Oh geez... Slash already working on his next album that will come out in 2016, then probably tour the shit out of it...

people, stop living in a fantasy world pls

You kidding? If Axl has as big an ego as people say why would he go out without actually telling anyone? And what's he going to do now? He's done solid touring since 2009, he's probably taking a break. Not to mention they need some time to either replace Bumble or rearrange songs/parts.

Solid touring for ages, give them a break n see which Axl turns up , the one who gives a shit or one that doesn't wanna be there.

Still can't believe people think a reunion will ever happen, it won't , move on it ain't 1992 anymore

Solid touring for ages?

Years and shows:

2015: 0

2014: 26

2013: 22

So in the last 2.5 years, approximately 900 days, GnR has done 48 hows.

2012: 71

2011: 42

2010: 75

2009: 3

2008: 7

The band has done 246 shows in the last 7.5 years. That averages out to 32 shows per year.

I've never understood this false notion that GnR has toured extensively and deserves a break between albums/tours. If the band is so wore out from their 48 shows in the last 2.5 years, why is every member of the band (except Axl) out there currently performing/touring/putting out albums???

Absolutely not. I think he'll tour again and release at least CD ll and maybe the remix album but I don't know the order of which these actions will take place, or how long it will take Axl to get there.

He said he's not going anywhere, and hopefully has at least few good years. I imagine he means the Gn'R thing is not quite over yet, But anything is possbile cause Axl is very unpredictable, at least in some ways.

He surely does have a few good years left. But it makes no sense to continue to wait and wait. The man - like all of us - is just getting older and older.

A remix album at this point would cement GnR as a laughing stock of the rock world. One album in 20-plus years, which was released seven years ago. I can't even fathom how anybody with a triple digit IQ in the GnR camp would say "You know, instead of an album of new material, I think a remix album of CD would be the way to go."

wut

^ If you pay attention to Apollo's post, you will see that he's simply debunking yet another myth perpetuated by some individuals, in this case, the tiring and old "solid touring by Axl and his band". It never happened, all fallacy and fantasy.

No we have not seen the last live performance from Axl yet. Lol, why are people overreacting? :D I mean only a few months ago Axl posted that weird ghostly studio photo. Doesn't that count as a sign of him releasing new music again at some point?

Which weird ghostly studio pic was that?? Never saw this one... ???

^ If you pay attention to Apollo's post, you will see that he's simply debunking yet another myth perpetuated by some individuals, in this case, the tiring and old "solid touring by Axl and his band". It never happened, all fallacy and fantasy.

The touring happened, if you don't think the "solid" term applies, then you are maybe right

The UYI tour was solid? They've done 194 shows in 3 years (of course the ticket sales were better so the term solid applied here)

Now Axl's coverband been touring for 4 years (plus 4 shows in 2009) since CD got released

they never played in 2008.... Apollo is wrong on that one

The official CD tour cycle has ended in 2012 (since the UCAP tour)

after that, this is officialy a Greatest Hits tour mostly (with Vegas residencies which is sad)

I don't see any fantasy or fallacy here

More like trying too hard to make fun of Axl on some people's part

Don't try too hard to make fun of Axl, Axl will take care of that himself

Edited by Strange Broue

No we have not seen the last live performance from Axl yet. Lol, why are people overreacting? :D I mean only a few months ago Axl posted that weird ghostly studio photo. Doesn't that count as a sign of him releasing new music again at some point?

Which weird ghostly studio pic was that?? Never saw this one... ???

I'm talking about this one: http://www.kshe95.com/news/real-rock-news/axl-rose-posts-ghostly-studio-photo

Okay so he posted it in December. Time flies. But still, I'm wondering how often do people need reminders that Axl's not planning to quit?

The UYI tour was solid? They've done 194 shows in 3 years (of course the ticket sales were better so the term solid applied here)

You're not understanding what he meant. It's not about ticket sales, it's about consecutive, extensive, non-stop touring. The fallacy and fantasy is: "Axl deserves a break because he has been touring solidly for years." Truth is, he hasn't.

You're not understanding what he meant. It's not about ticket sales, it's about consecutive, extensive, non-stop touring. The fallacy and fantasy is: "Axl deserves a break because he has been touring solidly for years." Truth is, he hasn't.

Who's said the band or Axl 'deserve' a break ?

• Like 1