Led Zeppelin (Reunion Rumors)

ManetsBR

Jimmy has the Casa Jimmy charity, so it might have something to do with that? Robert's done really small benefit concerts in the past.

It's possible he, Robert, and John Paul Jones might perform together again, but highly doubtful as Led Zeppelin, I think the two Plant/Page tours were about getting to do those songs live but not having the pressure on them in trying to live up to the legacy. After they did the O2 concert and opted not to do dates at MSG, Led Zeppelin were pretty much over. That's why they promoted the concert film and Page has been doing these "Conversations" instead of concerts. Now he gets paid to show up and talk for almost as much as he would get paid to do a theater tour, and not have to pay a band. Metallica's photographer gets to go along for the ride.

Jimmy has the Casa Jimmy charity, so it might have something to do with that? Robert's done really small benefit concerts in the past.

It's possible he, Robert, and John Paul Jones might perform together again, but highly doubtful as Led Zeppelin, I think the two Plant/Page tours were about getting to do those songs live but not having the pressure on them in trying to live up to the legacy. After they did the O2 concert and opted not to do dates at MSG, Led Zeppelin were pretty much over. That's why they promoted the concert film and Page has been doing these "Conversations" instead of concerts. Now he gets paid to show up and talk for almost as much as he would get paid to do a theater tour, and not have to pay a band. Metallica's photographer gets to go along for the ride.

Yeah, Ross is always with Jimmy it seems. He was even at the Berklee events I attended last year

http://www.destakjornal.com.br/noticias/diversao-arte/led-zeppelin-fara-turne-no-proximo-ano-268652/

Zep is gonna tour on 2016 and there will be a new album. This guy is as trustworthy as it gets.

Live Nation is behind it and it seems that some concerts will be really small, like in 500 people theaters and the ticket selling system on these cases will be like on the World Cup: people interested sign in and then there's a raffle to decide who'll be able to buy the tickets.

source is brazilian so it's must be fake

You brazilians NEVER ever get your rumours and facts straight

Yeah, I know. But there's isn't much more on the link apart from what I already wrote.

and yet you posted this hoax here without any source on the article itself

congrats

Flesch is one of the most trustworthy journalists there is. He has been publishing the correct line up for several festivals way before the official announcement for years now. He has been around for decades.

yeah, so predicting line ups for some shitty festivals is the exact same as predicting a Led Zep reunion...

Jesus Christ manets, just let it go and don't ever report anything pls

They had their final reunion, it was in 2007

Its over =(

I think it's the right move.

Honestly, Led Zeppelin died with John Bohnam- the Ahmet thing in 07 was great, let it go out with grace and dignity instead of going down the Sabbath route.

Jason isn't a patch on the old man, I respect him and why they have used him when they've done their one offs but it's not Led Zeppelin without Bonzo.

edit: Plant and Page was awesome in the 90's, I think that was good enough.

Interesting...

A No. 1. album, a world tour (despite the main guitarist illness) entertaining fans all over the world is not grace and not dignity, because no Bill Ward and your opinion about 13...

great

Some Sabbath fans are hilarious

Edited by Strange Broue

Interesting...

A No. 1. album, a world tour (despite the main guitarist illness) entertaining fans all over the world is not grace and not dignity, because no Bill Ward and your opinion about 13...

great

Yes, but Ozzy's live performances are at an all time low, and he totally phoned it in on 13.

It doesn't hold a candle to any of the albums they did together in the 70's.

If you can watch/listen to a now totally out of key Ozzy dribbling/talking his way through the songs the way he does good for you, personally I think it's fucking sad.

Cue "well he's always been hit or miss live" or "well he's old now, you can't expect him to sound like he did in 75"...

The Osbournes even cut Bill out over what to them is chump change- there's your grace and dignity, sir.

• Like 1

A few years ago there was also a rumor that Richard Branson is getting Led Zepp back together and he is going to pay 500 million or something

I won't believe it unless I get direct information and confirmation from Plant or Page

Interesting...

great

Yes, but Ozzy's live performances are at an all time low, and he totally phoned it in on 13.

If you can watch/listen to a now totally out of key Ozzy dribbling/talking his way through the songs the way he does good for you, personally I think it's fucking sad.

Cue "well he's always been hit or miss live" or "well he's old now, you can't expect him to sound like he did in 75"...

The Osbournes even cut Bill out over what to them is chump change- there's your grace and dignity, sir.

Ozzy's live performances are always "shaky" :lol: even in the 70's (well after 1971 mostly)

The rest is your personal opinion, not a fact

Bill was cut out from the promotional photos for HIS OWN WISH btw... get your facts straight

Bill want more money (more than 80K per show). It's understandable, but he showed up in terrible physical condition and they don't want to risk the whole reunion because of him. Tony has cancer y'know... Bill could just shut the fuck up and do this for whatever money, imho in these circumstances. he must know that Sharon is a greedy bitch too

Don't start this game with me "Sir", i'm pretty frequent to what happened with them

Btw they just did the most awkward interview i've ever seen

Tony and Geezer really feels uncomfortable, lol, poor Bill, though

Fuck off, Strange Boue. I'm merely sharing thr rumour, not asking you to do anything. Theres no need for such hostility. Idiot.

what hostility? :lol:

I'm not callling you names, little kid

Calm down and get your facts straight and don't post every garbage rumour here

Edited by Strange Broue

Zep to me are, much like GnR, a band that didnt play to the aspects of them that i liked. Only Zep were, as musicians, pound for pound, a shitload more talented than GnR, which makes it all the more aggravating.

I think a drummer with some swing would've been an interesting addition to their music, sacreligious though i know that is, Bonzo contributed to some of the density of their work, in a wonderful way as well, thats not necessarily a criticism.

Not happening, what is more likely is that Jimmy Page is planning on doing a solo album and tour. He's been talking about it since the reissues started. Plant has no interest in revisiting Led Zeppelin, he's pretty much said that in any interview where the question has been raised. Anytime he says he's free to do something, he's just playing with journalists (the type of guy he is).

I'm sure it was awkward once Tony brought up the new album but I don't think Bill is that bitter towards them, esp. when he just finished a new album.

What put Led Zep above a lot of bands was that they were self-contained and in full control of the music and being able to lock in with each other. It's only when the wheels started to come off around the Presence and ITTOD tours, they were still a great band but Plant's voice and Page's playing were becoming an issue. Knebworth wasn't their best moment but some of the 1980 boots did sound like they had it together.

No one really talks about the Led Zep rhythm section that much, it's all about Plant and Page but just listen to them all play off each other.

Interesting...

great

Ozzy's live performances are always "shaky" :lol: even in the 70's (well after 1971 mostly)

The rest is your personal opinion, not a fact

Bill was cut out from the promotional photos for HIS OWN WISH btw... get your facts straight

Bill want more money (more than 80K per show). It's understandable, but he showed up in terrible physical condition and they don't want to risk the whole reunion because of him. Tony has cancer y'know... Bill could just shut the fuck up and do this for whatever money, imho in these circumstances. he must know that Sharon is a greedy bitch too

Don't start this game with me "Sir", i'm pretty frequent to what happened with them

Btw they just did the most awkward interview i've ever seen

Tony and Geezer really feels uncomfortable, lol, poor Bill, though

Look man, they always said they'd never do another album together unless it stood up to the legacy blah blah blah, and even if you like 13 you can't tell me with a straight face that it stands up to any of the 8 previous albums.

If Ozzy meant any of that "Sabbath is the four of us" crap he has trotted out over the years (like in his lawsuit where he/they urged Tony to "do the right thing") Bill wouldn't have been fucked over for chump change.

I don't feel too sorry for Bill, but what I'm getting at is that it wasn't about making the best album possible, it was about churning out a product and going on tour to have one last cash grab.

Fair enough, but it is what it is- and the Osbournes are showing their true colours yet again with this war of words with Bill.

Bottom line is that this last reunion stinks of cash grab and money pinching.

Back to Zeppelin, I'm glad they didn't reform for the $$$ and do an album full of Black Dog or Stairway Part Twos, you know?

Plant isn't into it.

Ozzy doesn't sound like he is into it anymore either, sorry.

The guy was amazing but those days are gone now...I don't care if it's Ozzy, Axl, whoever- if it sucks, it sucks.

edit: I think we might be reading too much into that video, Bill knows the album is out and they all know how each other feel about it...the bad blood is more with Ozzy and Sharon methinks.

Edited by DR DOOM

No one really talks about the Led Zep rhythm section that much, it's all about Plant and Page but just listen to them all play off each other.

You're kidding, right? You're right about JPJ I suppose, but Bonham is easily the most popular drummer ever, (other than Ringo Starr who's only popular because he was in the Beatles, not for what he did in the band).

• Like 1

You're kidding, right? You're right about JPJ I suppose, but Bonham is easily the most popular drummer ever, (other than Ringo Starr who's only popular because he was in the Beatles, not for what he did in the band).

They actually all locked in together, it wasn't like the lead singer & guitarist were over here, drummer and bassist over there, there's a lot of bands where the bassist and drummer are just there to keep time.

Hell we might even see a Pink Floyd reunion first.

I think Rick's career and with that a Pink FLoyd reunion have pretty much ended, now that he's died and all :unsure:

you mean sort of like Mooney and Ox being dead and The Who still touring or how Pink Floyd toured without Roger Waters, that sort of thing? ;)

How on Earth would a Brazilian dude who works for some crappy newspaper know anything about a LZ reunion before anyone else in the whole fucking world? If he has some insider when it comes to Rock in Rio or Lolla ok, but not this. Of course it's not true. And I'm sure Manets agrees with me but decided to post it anyway so wtf.

Edited by maynard