Led Zeppelin (Reunion Rumors)

ManetsBR

Hell we might even see a Pink Floyd reunion first.

I think Rick's career and with that a Pink FLoyd reunion have pretty much ended, now that he's died and all :unsure:
you mean sort of like Mooney and Ox being dead and The Who still touring or how Pink Floyd toured without Roger Waters, that sort of thing? ;)
Well yeah, there is that. But those situations are very different. I really couldn't see Rog and Dave using the name now without Rick.

At least David and Roger are doing some shows this year and there's always PF tribute bands. David said Endless River was going to be it as far as Pink Floyd went. He won't even put the BBC Sessions out. I just wanted them to reunite to do the Animals album live because Gilmour never does those songs.

I think for Plant, the Led Zeppelin entity is bittersweet.

Page has been sort of talking about doing live shows again but he's said a lot of things that never came through. I'm sure he'll make another appearance when the rest of the remasters come out.

No one really talks about the Led Zep rhythm section that much, it's all about Plant and Page but just listen to them all play off each other.

You're kidding, right? You're right about JPJ I suppose, but Bonham is easily the most popular drummer ever, (other than Ringo Starr who's only popular because he was in the Beatles, not for what he did in the band).

Bollocks.

No one really talks about the Led Zep rhythm section that much, it's all about Plant and Page but just listen to them all play off each other.

You're kidding, right? You're right about JPJ I suppose, but Bonham is easily the most popular drummer ever, (other than Ringo Starr who's only popular because he was in the Beatles, not for what he did in the band).

Bollocks.

Come on Len, it's Bonzo and Moon that are the hallowed names.

Bollocks.

Come on Len, it's Bonzo and Moon that are the hallowed names.

Which is half the problem, Ringos a REALLY fuckin' good drummer, he a quarter of the best band in the fucking world. 'yeah but anybody could play that kinda drumming!', there's someone out there that can play any kind of fuckin' drumming, many many someones...but they weren't the ones that did it, were they? Anyone can tap in a cross from 6 yards out to an open goal but not everyone does it at Wembley at the FA Cup final, do they?

And Ringos drumming was REALLY distinctive, listen to the White Album, listen to songs like Rain. He has a sort of off kilter on the off-beat type drumming that gave The Beatles songs a lot of character and lent a degree of contrast to what were sometimes almost too perfect in terms of how tightly crafted they were.

And if we're gonna start getting unforgiving in our assessments Bonzo weren't exactly no Pele of the drums and neither was Moonie. They were great at what they did, Bonzo was probably a better drummer technically than Moon but in the words of dear ol' Lewisham Ginge' 'he couldn't swing a sack of shit'. And as for Moonie, and remember this is coming from someone who fuckin' geeks out over Moon and considers him like...a fucking God, Moons drumming was amazing cuz it was so fucking wrong and so crazy but it just worked in the context of The Who, Moon himself would tell you he wasn't exactly a good drummer in the classical sense of what a drummer is, those guys ain't no Max Roach, Elvin Jones, they ain't drummers drummers drummers in that sense. What was great about Moon was his ability to express his particular mental illness through the drums...but you couldn't stick Bonzo or Moonie in with like, jazz virtuosos and have them pull it off, they'd be fucking shite at it.

Quite frankly I'd put Charlie Watts ahead of Moonie and Bonzo. Bonzo ain't no fuckin' drummer, he ain't got not subtlety to his game, he'd sound right banging the drums on a Viking longboat.

Edited by Len B'stard

Another contribution from one Mr. Edwin Trunk. Always echoed this statement as well. Page has seemed like all talk and no real movement for awhile now unfortunately:

Eddie Trunk retweeted andrés castillo

Not only do I think it's NOT true, a reliable source told me unlikely Page ever actually tours or makes an album

You can never say never when Robert Plant is involved but it is as pretty close to never as you can get these days.

JMO but I think we will see a GNR reunion before Led Zeppelin with Percy tours again. Hell we might even see a Pink Floyd reunion first.

Agreed

Just look at this pic for Christ sake...

Plant looks like he was 90

https://twitter.com/LedZepNews/status/603176170792837120/photo/1

CF7phYdWAAAi3I3.jpg

Edited by Strange Broue

He still sounds great, though.

But he will die in the next 2-3 years....

(I hope i'll be wrong, though, i fucking love LZ and wish them the best)

What?!

He seems to be in pretty good shape. He looks ancient when he pulls his hair back, but he really doesn't look that bad when its down.

He looks absolutely fine for his age. Dare I say... normal?!! For the record, this kind of dicussion is EXACTLY why he doesn't want a reunion. There's no reason for him to be judged, and a tour hasn't even started yet. For him to be in Zeppelin, he has to be the "golden god" with the young man's body. He isn't that anymore and he doesn't pretend he is. Thats why Zeppelin is the past for him and should be for everyone else. Its a very noble and good reason.

• Like 1

He still sounds great, though.

he can still sing but would really struggle on a lot of the old Zep songs if they played them faithfully IMHO. For the 2007 reunion show they had to tune down a step and pick songs he could still sing as he can't his the high notes anymore.

Robert has made it pretty clear he does not want to do Zep anymore as he does not feel he can do the songs justice so I can't see this ever happening.

Another contribution from one Mr. Edwin Trunk. Always echoed this statement as well. Page has seemed like all talk and no real movement for awhile now unfortunately:

Eddie Trunk retweeted andrés castillo

Not only do I think it's NOT true, a reliable source told me unlikely Page ever actually tours or makes an album

I agree with Eddie as Page has been claiming he is putting out new material and touring every year now for the past decade and nothing has happened. Other than an odd guest appearance I would be surprised if he ever tours again.

To be honest, the "best drummers" aren't really gonna come from rock bands. The era they were at their prime in, was an era that had guys like Billy Cobham and Tony Williams as well.

I love Bonham and Mooney's drumming but Ginger Baker blows them both away. I would even say Carl Palmer and Bill Bruford from that ERA are superior.

Hell we might even see a Pink Floyd reunion first.

I think Rick's career and with that a Pink FLoyd reunion have pretty much ended, now that he's died and all :unsure:
you mean sort of like Mooney and Ox being dead and The Who still touring or how Pink Floyd toured without Roger Waters, that sort of thing? ;)
Well yeah, there is that. But those situations are very different. I really couldn't see Rog and Dave using the name now without Rick.

With all due respect if Gilmour can tour as Pink Floyd without Water's I don't see why it would not be possible without Rick. Sure it is close to zero but he is easier to replace then the other two IMHO.