ZoSoRose went to an EDM festival and now wants to complain about it

ZoSoRose

First of all you're looking for melody in the wrong place, it's not melody based music, it's rhythm based. Secondly, i dunno what EDM is but it's just basically like raves back in the day I'm assuming? You gotta be pillin' for it really, yes the music is repetitive and goes on and on but thats the point, you're supposed to get lost in the fuckin' beat.

If you can enjoy hip hop you have approached the principle behind a lot of rave and thats the repetitive beat, it's stripping the shit down to it's fundamental elements, like African drums.

The real problem is all you smelly metallers approach this shit with pre-concieved prejudice :lol:

:lol:

I think hip hop is mostly bollocks too if that helps

Reggae works on a similar principle too?

Naw, reggae is chill

Keep in mind, len, its just my shitty opinions lol

Don't worry, no ones gonna shoot you my dear :lol:

But there you go, similar principle, it's music stripped down to the most basic of elements, bass and drums, designed for people to dance to. In the early days of rock n roll it was also considered similarly thick and un-musical, by way of using the guitar as a sort of percussion instrument also, banging away on three chords simply to accentuate the rhythm, which makes it all the more odd to find fans of rock n roll that are of the opinion that it's just over-simplified racket...cuz thats more or less what rock n roll was/is. All this other stuff, laying out of context solos on top in a bid to appear virtuosos is like a leave over from earlier American genres that leant on virtuosity like bebop and jazz and all that uh...jazz.

I guess it's just what appeals to your ears. But if you really think about what is possible with a guitar...and then look at what rock n roll started off doing with a guitar, the standard-bearers of music considered it kinda ape-music. Simple, dull, dense with an over-focus on the simplistic core of the beat.

The only real difference between reggae and a lot of other dance music is the speed of it. Jungle, Drum & Bass (and dubstep by further extension) are just basically dub reggae speeded up, just as hip hop is pretty much what dub reggae was at it's core, mixing old records together with a DJ kinda talking over the top, about various things such as how cool a character he is, how cool the local neighbourhood is and how cool their set is.

Even your 12 bar blues, the shit you bop your head to is a repetitive rhythm.

Only The Rock can sound cool referring to himself in the third person. It doesn't quite work for a poster on a Gn'R message board. You should have held out for a BEATRAZR show.

I'm used to reddit when people post like that. No excuse, it is super douchey!

EDIT- Why did you change your name? Its so confusing when people do that!

Edited by ZoSoRose

I wonder what the people who started house music in Chicago & Detroit that watched it eventually evolve into EDM feel when they go to these shows now. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has. To me it just seems like a lot of musicians realized they could make more money layering beats and sounds into a laptop, travel around the world, and make way more money at a time rock clubs were dying. Rock festivals are far from dead.

It's not even about who's on stage at those festivals unless they have a light show and do something theatrical.

Post punk and Hip Hop, dance music was THE revolution in popular music.

Whaaat? :lol: It's a fact man and the only place it wasn't applicable to was America...and it appears even they've caught on, albeit 20 years later. It's a big massive wide world out there and there's a lot more to it than America and American musical tastes and prejudices.

Whaaat? :lol: It's a fact man and the only place it wasn't applicable to was America...and it appears even they've caught on, albeit 20 years later. It's a big massive wide world out there and there's a lot more to it than America and American musical tastes and prejudices.

I know, I just was channeling Miser

It's a big massive wide world out there and there's a lot more to it than America and American musical tastes and prejudices.

Yeah, but nothing matters until we like it.

Yes, the American negro has been finding that out to his detriment for the last 300 plus years eh? :lol: Edited by Len B'stard

First of all you're looking for melody in the wrong place, it's not melody based music, it's rhythm based. Secondly, i dunno what EDM is but it's just basically like raves back in the day I'm assuming? You gotta be pillin' for it really, yes the music is repetitive and goes on and on but thats the point, you're supposed to get lost in the fuckin' beat.

If you can enjoy hip hop you have approached the principle behind a lot of rave and thats the repetitive beat, it's stripping the shit down to it's fundamental elements, like African drums.

The real problem is all you smelly metallers approach this shit with pre-concieved prejudice :lol:

Naw, reggae is chill

Len's a darky so he's supposed to like this bongo drum shite. :lol:
  • Like 1

Naw, reggae is chill

:rofl-lol:

Naw, reggae is chill

Oh look, Malcolm Muggeridge has decided to grace us with his presence :lol:

Naw, reggae is chill

Wasn't old Muggsy a bit of a swordsman back in his early days? I've heard he used to love a bit of debauchery before he got into Jeebus.

Naw, reggae is chill

Wasn't old Muggsy a bit of a swordsman back in his early days? I've heard he used to love a bit of debauchery before he got into Jeebus.

I believe so yes but i was referring more to his broad intellect and keen wit, as opposed to his profficency with his todger :lol: He bought your favorite woman a great deal of fame too, Mother Theresa.

Edited by Len B'stard

Naw, reggae is chill

I believe so yes but i was referring more to his broad intellect and keen wit, as opposed to his profficency with his todger :lol: He bought your favorite woman a great deal of fame too, Mother Theresa.
Wizened old slab of Satan's nobcheese that she was.