Duff thinks he's "too old" to comment on todays music

KeyserSoze

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/duff-mckagan-new-music-comment/

nice little 15 minute interview in the link (watch video in the link if you don't have a youtube account)

“I started to muse, like, ‘What does that mean, 50? What does it mean to be a 50-year-old man? What does it mean to be a man these days?’” recalls McKagan. “I’ve made every goddamn mistake out there. But did I learn anything, and am I applying that to the me of now — my friendships with my wife and my kids? Have I learned anything there? … It’s not an advice book at all, it’s just common things that I think all of us go through as dudes, especially in this modern era.”

While he’s perfectly comfortable advising dudes to put down their cellphones every once in a while, one aspect of the modern era McKagan refuses to comment on is the current state of rock ‘n’ roll.

“Frankly, I’m probably just too old to make a comment on it,” he tells Kade. “I know what’s genuine, and that can be rock; it can be R&B. I think Bruno Mars is awesome. I think that’s genuine R&B. ‘Uptown Funk’ is the best R&B song in 30 years or something, maybe — since [the Prince hit] ‘Little Red Corvette.’ It’s the best genuine R&B song that I’ve heard in a long time.”