Master of Snaredrum

dalsh327

Literally does sound like Lar's sitting on an alley hitting trashcans, Kirk got more shit for taking a few attempts to nail riffs in SKOM, Lar's showing distain to Jason for leaving because they wouldn't let him do his solo band gig, idiots. Can't believe they actually let that "Noise" on the album, you can't not hear it and enjoy the songs. Lar's ego got the better of him on that decision.

Edited by wkuk04

...And Justice For All was their final true statement as a metal band. They didn't know where to go next musically after that imo.

Still liked Load and Reload. Bluesy metal and some nice tunes but I guess officially, they weren't genuine Metallica albums.

They also have this thing where they care too much what their fans think about the music they put out. Can be a disadvantage if you have any interest in moving forward. (Death Magnetic for example)

I'm not sure they have anything more to say musically anyway. Did cover a lot of ground with their first 4 albums.

• Like 2

...And Justice For All was their final true statement as a metal band. They didn't know where to go next musically after that imo.

Still liked Load and Reload. Bluesy metal and some nice tunes but I guess officially, they weren't genuine Metallica albums.

They also have this thing where they care too much what their fans think about the music they put out. Can be a disadvantage if you have any interest in moving forward. (Death Magnetic for example)

I'm not sure they have anything more to say musically anyway. Did cover a lot of ground with their first 4 albums.

Spot on IMO.

I think (elements of Black) and Load/ReLoad are where their musical hearts lay and the return to METULZ after those albums sounds to me like they are indeed making the music they think their fans want them to instead of just doing what they want and it shows.

Obviously their name has Metal in it, but I think it's understandable that their hearts aren't into that style of music 30 or whatever years later.