downzy

Hi All,

A member of this forum has successfully published a book that is now on sale:

Cargo Bay 7: Final Countdown

By R.A. Roddenberry

It's Aberdean

It can be purchased at these and other book retailers:

http://www.amazon.com/Cargo-Bay-7-Final-Countdown/dp/1478753587

http://www.tower.com/cargo-bay-7-final-countdown-r-a-roddenberry-paperback/wapi/135496761

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cargo-bay-7-ra-roddenberry/1121712054?ean=9781478753582

The member/author wishes to remain anonymous in relation to his mygnrforum user account and hence has asked me to announce his book to the forum. I've promised to him that I would not reveal his MYGNRFORUM username, so speculate all you want but I'm not saying :P

Only thing I will say is that the author is not myself, a member of the MYGNRFORUM staff, or anyone connected to GNR (band member or employee).

I've been thinking about starting a MYGNRFORUM book club and perhaps Cargo Bay 7 should serve as our first book. If enough interest is expressed for this idea we'll set up a start date to obtain the book and begin reading it.

• Like 3

The member/author wishes to remain anonymous in relation to his mygnrforum user account and hence has asked me to announce his book to the forum. I've promised to him that I would not reveal his MYGNRFORUM username, so speculate all you want but I'm not saying :P

downzy's slip narrows the field from a few hundred to a few hundred minus five.

Downzy suggested that the book is selling well in Europe.

We know wasted writes books, but I don't think this has anything to do with Charlie Sheen's shenanigans.

TELL US WHO IT IS DOWNZY

No.

Rodenberry? As in Gene Rodenberry?

He's related.

Why ask us to buy his book.........but then not reveal who he is? If you are going to beg for sales, at least let us know who you are.

Because the member doesn't wish to have his account here associated with his real life. I gave him the opportunity to create an alt account to publicize his new book, but he preferred to have me make the announcement.

That, and the author's name is included in the book listing.

Downzy suggested that the book is selling well in Europe.

We know wasted writes books, but I don't think this has anything to do with Charlie Sheen's shenanigans.

It's not Wasted. The author is a long-time member at this forum and well known amongst everyone here.

Anyway, any one up for starting a book club?

This show's message of different species living in harmony was deep.

Gene Roddenberry's vision was a reflection of the current times (at the time) shown in a positive light, and setting it in space was a way to get around the censors when it came to stuff like racial harmony.

Aha! Busted...it all makes so much sense now :lol:

Because the member doesn't wish to have his account here associated with his real life.

Haha.

Getting caught on mygnr is a bit like getting caught wanking to Page 3 girls by your mom. In all respects to you moderating chaps, it is the 'gnr' bit that is probably the problem, not the forum.

• Like 1

This show's message of different species living in harmony was deep.

Gene Roddenberry's vision was a reflection of the current times (at the time) shown in a positive light, and setting it in space was a way to get around the censors when it came to stuff like racial harmony.

Aha! Busted...it all makes so much sense now :lol:

lvh3t.jpg

• Like 1

Only person i ever saw on here with wit enough to write a decent book is Nameless Girl.

Had it been a Meg and Mog book Id be certain it was McLeod :lol: i can tell you who it aint, it aint fuckin Miser :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard