Major promoter says music festivals are on the way out

alfierose

In no time you will be enrolled as an art student, sitting in a student bar with a bunch of student chums (Tarquin and Giles) in your skinny jeans sipping cider.

You're a fuckin' art student yourself you fucker! What are you on about? Is there a tax dodger hierarchy or something where one set of art students look down on the rest? Do they have to set up barricades to keep you all from slapping each other to death at the job centre every fortnight or what? :lol:

History and Japanese is Dieses forte, is it not?
Exactly! Bunch of elbow patches and shortarses! :lol:

But all the new songs sound like the old songs. They just keep recycling stuff. To me that's just a nostalgia band.

Like the Stones with Dont Stop aka Brown Sugar 2 or Doom and Gloom aka Gimme Faster Shelter 2.

But that's what the audience wants. They want the 80s U2.

Edited by wasted

In no time you will be enrolled as an art student, sitting in a student bar with a bunch of student chums (Tarquin and Giles) in your skinny jeans sipping cider.

You're a fuckin' art student yourself you fucker! What are you on about? Is there a tax dodger hierarchy or something where one set of art students look down on the rest? Do they have to set up barricades to keep you all from slapping each other to death at the job centre every fortnight or what? :lol:

History and Japanese is Dieses forte, is it not?
Exactly! Bunch of elbow patches and shortarses! :lol:

So where am i doing English Lit then? :lol:

Art? I took art for GCSE and never turned up!

I think Noel and Slash are in the same position in the sense that nobody gives a flying fuck about their solo careers and we all just want them to reunite with their respective bands - speaking in a layman mindset.

Actually people do give a fuck about their solo careers. It's Liam's and Axl's career that nobody gives a fuck about and just want them to reunite with Slash and Noel.

You should know me enough to know I am not exactly an Axl supporter. Six and two threes. Johnny Schmuck does not even consider Conspirators or Axl's new band of wankers. He does not even consider them enough to dislike them. VR slightly resonated but only slightly. Mr layman just wants the two retards to reunite and play Jungle. Same with the two Gallagher.

I am not of course speaking about people who visit gnr boards!

This is pure garbage and the epitome of someone trying to look cool on the internet. Saying Beautiful Day is the last U2 song you remember proves this point and also proves you to eba flat out fucking lier. True story.

Total crap. Never heard a single U2 tune since that shitty song. Could not sing you a note of one.

Can you imagine being in the U2 dressing room? Full of noxious Vegan farts? Horrendous.

• Like 1

Beautiful Day is a good song and most people know it.

Vertigo kind of impacted with that iTunes ad.

But after that they didn't have any populist songs that everyone knows. And generally retreated in to their shells musically.

It makes sense in a way, what the guy says, if you think of one type of festival in particular, where you have one big headliner to draw the crowd in and a big bunch of small acts to fill the rest of the day. We'll be losing a lot of the big acts that can headline over the next few years.

But as others have mentioned genre or niche festivals are going nowhere but up.

Festivals are going from being instead of like, this huge massive thing that celebrates a buoyant music industry to like, the modern day equivalent of those package tours where you'd have The Kinks and Helen Shapiro and Sandie Shaw and 5 or 6 of the current contemporary pop stars of the day all riding together to give you this sort of broad showcase thing, theres something cheap about it instead of it being this sort embelem of community and strength in music.