Does Axl read your posts here?

I've never liked Beta or Team Brazil but the more I read about these people the more they annoy me. How could Axl let this band and it's ventures be controlled by these amateurs is really beyond me. The baddest rock star on the planet singing happy birthday to his housekeeper that somehow climbed her way into GN'R management and a few thousand fans who paid to see Axl have to go along with it as if these people are in any way, shape or form relevant to what GN'R is about. And then these people bad mouth other people who've done nothing but stick up for Axl. Geez.

To think that Marc Canter, who helped Guns N' Roses in their formative years in any way he could, documented the whole fucking thing and was best friends with the band, 20 years later would have to call a former nanny of Stephanie Seymour to get a Guns N' Roses ticket? Disgraceful. I seriously don't understand what Axl is thinking. And this woman is going around bad mouthing Slash or Marc or whoever thinking she's some kind of integral part in GN'R history. For fucks sake.

I wish I was Stephanie's Nanny, the people who support Axl are pretty much blinded by Axl's love, I won't even call it Axl's love cause Axl doesn't even gives a fuck about anyone, now im sure some people will reply me saying "What do you expect him to give his fans, a Ferrari?"

• Like 2

Axl is not ready to talk to me. As long as he thinks that All I want to do is hurt him, then he wouldn't want to talk to me even if he was alone. I hope one day things will change as far as how he thinks. Nothing has ever changed with me, I'm the same guy I was back when it all started.

The problem is he is not into any of the old stuff and knows that I am good at what I do and what I do is something that he no longer supports. If he ever lets go and excepts his past as a good thing, then I would make an attempt to fix things between us in person. Until then I'm like nightmare to him which really scuks.

Like someone else said before, it looks like Axl does accept his past because his setlists are full of past glories and he's making amends with people from the past.... Maybe what bothers him is that people other than him still promote that band as something current, which is not.

Do you think his perception on who you are or what you do could change if you'd stop talking to media about the old band? Because maybe all he wants to is that you too accept that his past is glorious but he can't be living in the past forever. If my intention is to move on in life and I have people dragging me to my past, for sure I will not want to do a thing with them.

After all the shit went down with Axl and Slash, If Beta knew that Axl was going to call me or come over my house, Beta would call me first and say don't talk about Slash. However it was always Axl who wanted to talk to me about Slash because he knew that I knew Slash best and because of all the history between all of us, I was a good person for Axl to vent to. Beta just didn't understand thats what Axl wanted to do.

Why does he have to say everything that goes on his mind to Beta? I'm pretty sure the reason why Axl and Duff could fix their stuff is because he didn't say shit to Beta and went for Duff directly.

Axl needs more people on his side that are not TB members. He needs real loyal friends who can listen to him and supply what Beta gives him. That is the only way he will get out of the power trip TB is having with him.

TB will never be real friends and real family for Axl as long as they financially depend on him.

• Like 2

I've never liked Beta or Team Brazil but the more I read about these people the more they annoy me. How could Axl let this band and it's ventures be controlled by these amateurs is really beyond me. The baddest rock star on the planet singing happy birthday to his housekeeper that somehow climbed her way into GN'R management and a few thousand fans who paid to see Axl have to go along with it as if these people are in any way, shape or form relevant to what GN'R is about. And then these people bad mouth other people who've done nothing but stick up for Axl. Geez.

To think that Marc Canter, who helped Guns N' Roses in their formative years in any way he could, documented the whole fucking thing and was best friends with the band, 20 years later would have to call a former nanny of Stephanie Seymour to get a Guns N' Roses ticket? Disgraceful. I seriously don't understand what Axl is thinking. And this woman is going around bad mouthing Slash or Marc or whoever thinking she's some kind of integral part in GN'R history. For fucks sake.

I wish I was Stephanie's Nanny, the people who support Axl are pretty much blinded by Axl's love, I won't even call it Axl's love cause Axl doesn't even gives a fuck about anyone, now im sure some people will reply me saying "What do you expect him to give his fans, a Ferrari?"

Axl does care about the fans. He might not like the ones that push him for a reunion because there is so much hurt in him from the past that wasn't delt with the right way. Its not his fault and he doesn't really know how to deal with it so if he is walking down the street or at a gig with his new band and someone tells him that he should play with Slash again, he can get very upset at that person asking for that. I think he just wants to be left a loan and if he wants to tour with the new band or with some members of the old band or put out new music then he will.

• Like 1

I have said many times that if he got some good counseling, he would find out that a lot of the things he thinks are bad between him and Slash could get cleared up.

Do you think Slash would be into all that? I mean, from my legit insider position where I have no access to any of them and never have, I feel like Slash would certainly be cool if Axl called him and said, "Hey, let's just put all the shit behind us and have a chat," but if Axl called him and said, "Hello, Slash. This is Axl. I've been doing intensive therapy, and I'm working through everything that went on between us. I don't want to say I'm over everything, but I want to have a conversation, and there are some specific things I want to talk about. I'm going to try to keep it together, but I can't promise anything. Can I drop by your house to talk between 3 and 7 in the morning sometime in the next few weeks? I can't say for sure which day. I'll just show up...."

How would Slash handle that? The impression I get is that, on a personal level, Slash is much more important to Axl than Axl is to Slash, so I wonder if Slash would be willing to put in the time and energy that Axl would need. Am I off base?

Sure Slash would do that if Axl wanted to go try and close the gap of problems that they have from the past. Slasah would never ask to do but would be open to work out their problems if asked to.

So would you say that Slash significantly downplays how much he still cares about Axl? Would you agree that the vibe he tries to put across is that he's kind of over it?

Thanks for all the responses to everyone, Marc.

Slash and Axl have both proved that they can do good on their own but I think there is a part of Slash that feels more great things can come from them working together. There was a very strong chemistry between them and just because their relationship ended doesn't mean that they both know that there could be great music that could come from them working together again and of corse being on the same stage again would be something huge. The fact that they both had songs that they still wanted the other to work on shows you that.

It's an universal rule ... people doesn't like to have other people telling them what to do. Axl ain't no different ...

More if all they do is talk about that shit 24/7 and try to act as they know better than you, the one who was actually there.

• Like 1

More if all they do is talk about that shit 24/7 and try to act as they know better than you, the one who was actually there.

that is not true.

people who want a reunion are only talking from a fan point of view, they're expressing what they would like, AS FANS, not as managers or as people who pretend to know better than axl.

they're fans who want to see again their favorite band. it's as simple as that, and i think it's a legitimate position, especially after the disappointment of cd and the lack of credibility of axl's band.

that is not true.

people who want a reunion are only talking from a fan point of view, they're expressing what they would like, AS FANS, not as managers or as people who pretend to know better than axl.

they're fans who want to see again their favorite band. it's as simple as that, and i think it's a legitimate position, especially after the disappointment of cd and the lack of credibility of axl's band.

So being a fan is all about being selfish and wanting your idols to kill themselves to give you what you want? I'm sorry but I may not be that kind of selfish immature person you describe as fan.

Do I want a reunion?

Yes and no.

It'd be nice to see them all together once again but I know we are not in the 90's anymore and the magic I lived back in those years will not be there now, with these guys in their fifties. They are different people now. I am different too.

Above all, I don't want these guys suffering having to reunite "for the fans" when they hate each other. What kind of show will they put on if Axl can't stand Slash?

No, thanks. I don't want people pretending they are cool,just because I'm an immature person who cannot let go of the past.

I agree with you the current line-up has lost credibility with the amount of years touring and not releasing new material. But CD is not a disappointment. It's a great album, maybe not with the trademark of original GNR, but it's good in its own way.

If Axl can work it out with Slash and he decides reunion is what he wants to do, fine. I just want him to make and release more music, because out of all the original members, he's the only one who seems stuck in the past, not being prolific as he is supposed to be, looking appalled and not moving forward.

I just want him to make and release more music

So being a fan is all about being selfish

It's not a contradiction. I really want him to do what he feels like doing, genuinely, not under pressure.

My basis is Axl's own words: in 2012 he stated, in front of a camera, that he was not up for a reunion. The famous lines "not in this lifetime" or something like that.

Since I haven't recently heard or read that he has changed his mind on this topic, I have to assume he still does not want a reunion.

As for the music.... do you know of any other significant job Axl has had in his life that is as important as his singing career?

I know an Axl Rose who is a singer and musician, therefore, I assume that what he wants to do in life is to sing and make music. Last time he talked to media, he told the magazine he had an album ready to go. If memory doesn't fail me that was sometime in 2014. I haven't heard from him since then, so I have to assume that he still wants to make and release music. Therefore, I want him to do it, if that's what he wants as well.

The moment he states he doesn't want to release or make music anymore, then I'll know he has retired and I won't bug him and I will be very sad, yes, but I will also understand it is his choice, not mine.

Simple and not contradictory.

that is not true.

So being a fan is all about being selfish and wanting your idols to kill themselves to give you what you want? I'm sorry but I may not be that kind of selfish immature person you describe as fan.

Do I want a reunion?

Yes and no.

It'd be nice to see them all together once again but I know we are not in the 90's anymore and the magic I lived back in those years will not be there now, with these guys in their fifties. They are different people now. I am different too.

Above all, I don't want these guys suffering having to reunite "for the fans" when they hate each other. What kind of show will they put on if Axl can't stand Slash?

No, thanks. I don't want people pretending they are cool,just because I'm an immature person who cannot let go of the past.

I agree with you the current line-up has lost credibility with the amount of years touring and not releasing new material. But CD is not a disappointment. It's a great album, maybe not with the trademark of original GNR, but it's good in its own way.

If Axl can work it out with Slash and he decides reunion is what he wants to do, fine. I just want him to make and release more music, because out of all the original members, he's the only one who seems stuck in the past, not being prolific as he is supposed to be, looking appalled and not moving forward.

It´s not being selfish. It´s common sense. They general public doesn´t give a flying fuck about Axl´s band nor they give too much of a flying fuck about Slash band or loaded or anything they do outside GN´R.

In every interview they have given they are asked about a reunion. Slash went to national T.V.( CBS is one of the 3 big t.v. networks) to talk about a new music video and animal rights. He was asked about a reunion. And the headline was his answer about a reunion. The same can be said about Duff while promoting his new book and about Adler when he is talking about being sober and his new projects. Axl when gives interviews is also asked about Slash and the old band besides being asked about CD or new music. They always have to deal with questions about the old days.

New GN´R has always performed mostly old songs because only 100 ( or less) out of 20k people attending the shows care about the hits and not about those CD songs.

Most of us here didn´t become GN´R fand because of CD, Fink, Brain, BBF,Tommy Buckethead or Pitman despite the fact the we may like what they do.

I understand that if they hate each other´s guts it is not good to have a reunion. But in that case first they all should be dead serious and dead honest about their hate. Not even Axl went that path to the extreme. All the others go with the "never say never". Also in that case Axl better start a solo project and call the band Blood Boil or whatever but not GN´R. He could never sell the new band as GN´R. Very few people bought it.

All we have heard in recent times is reunion possibilities.

Yeah, but you heard that from the fans, not from Axl ... lol

we heard it from slash and duff, not from the fans, moron.

For sure there is no future for the new band. All the members are envolved in their solo projects and there is no new album on the horizon. All we have heard in recent times is reunion possibilities.

exactly.

nugnr is over.

1. we've heard this from Duff and Slash since 1996... from Axl? "get that guy outta here, he is in my ass that's where slash is, slash is a cancer and it better get removed, he should have left after the Lies album, not in this lifetime". I mean there's a possibility that Duff can come back, but not a chance for Slash. Axl is too old and too stubborn

2. NU GNR was over around 2008-09, skippy, when Axl let Ashba in the band

3. there's a better possibilty that we will have a new album, than a reunion. The album is finished, Axl is lazy to release it, and wants to tinker witth it as usual, that's all. Besides that he still got the band name and the nostalgia cash grab tours...

so...

who is the moron really?

Edited by Strange Broue

It´s not being selfish. It´s common sense. They general public doesn´t give a flying fuck about Axl´s band nor they give too much of a flying fuck about Slash band or loaded or anything they do outside GN´R.

In every interview they have given they are asked about a reunion. Slash went to national T.V.( CBS is one of the 3 big t.v. networks) to talk about a new music video and animal rights. He was asked about a reunion. And the headline was his answer about a reunion. The same can be said about Duff while promoting his new book and about Adler when he is talking about being sober and his new projects. Axl when gives interviews is also asked about Slash and the old band besides being asked about CD or new music. They always have to deal with questions about the old days.

New GN´R has always performed mostly old songs because only 100 ( or less) out of 20k people attending the shows care about the hits and not about those CD songs.

Most of us here didn´t become GN´R fand because of CD, Fink, Brain, BBF,Tommy Buckethead or Pitman despite the fact the we may like what they do.

I understand that if they hate each other´s guts it is not good to have a reunion. But in that case first they all should be dead serious and dead honest about their hate. Not even Axl went that path to the extreme. All the others go with the "never say never". Also in that case Axl better start a solo project and call the band Blood Boil or whatever but not GN´R. He could never sell the new band as GN´R. Very few people bought it.

It doesnt matter what Slash, Duff, Matt, etc and the fans want because the owner of the circus is Axl Rose, and as far as I am concerned, he does not want a reunion. At least, not one with Slash.

He may have changed his mind in the past year or months but we don't know about that until he says so.

Axl will not do what fans tell him to do. This has been largely demonstrated so I really don't know why we insist.... I believe though, the pressure on reunion is really big right now and it's hard for a single human being to resist that but truth is Axl is stubborn and he has to have it his way or nothing.

After all the shit went down with Axl and Slash, If Beta knew that Axl was going to call me or come over my house, Beta would call me first and say don't talk about Slash. However it was always Axl who wanted to talk to me about Slash because he knew that I knew Slash best and because of all the history between all of us, I was a good person for Axl to vent to. Beta just didn't understand thats what Axl wanted to do.

True. Just like that TMS interview where the guys were asked not to ask anything Slash-related and Axl ended up talking about Slash, Slash and Slash.

What did she say when people wanted Axl to change the setlist? Its sad she controls Axl, but well Axl is not a baby that he gets controlled by her, when Marc called her for the forum show, she was rude to him and started saying that he hurt Axl and all. Its pretty obvious that when Slash went to Axl's house, beta told those things to Axl that Slash said Duff is Spineless and Scott is a fraud and Axl has won the war against him. I do agree it was a wrong time for Slash to go, Beta thinks she is superior and the fans are a piece of shit who just come and give them money.

I can't remember. I found her account a while ago and posted it in one of my statuses but mods deleted it for some reason. :shrugs:

what nickname does she use on heretoday ?

I think it's only "beta."

It doesnt matter what Slash, Duff, Matt, etc and the fans want because the owner of the circus is Axl Rose, and as far as I am concerned, he does not want a reunion. At least, not one with Slash.

He may have changed his mind in the past year or months but we don't know about that until he says so.

Axl will not do what fans tell him to do. This has been largely demonstrated so I really don't know why we insist.... I believe though, the pressure on reunion is really big right now and it's hard for a single human being to resist that but truth is Axl is stubborn and he has to have it his way or nothing.

And what about what the record comany and promoters want? They are the real owners of the circus. If Axl wants to do nothing, fine by me. But it is not the best way to end the journey

And what about what the record comany and promoters want? They are the real owners of the circus. If Axl wants to do nothing, fine by me. But it is not the best way to end the journey

If they are the real owners of the circus then why there is no reunion?

Because Axl owns Guns N' Roses name and he does with it whatever he pleases, even if that means burying his whole career into oblivion and disappearing from the face of earth.

Because Axl owns Guns N' Roses name and he does with it whatever he pleases, even if that means burying his whole career into oblivion and disappearing from the face of earth.

Why all we got was one album in 20 years? Only because Axl is lazy? He might be lazy but the record company doesn´t seem angry with his laziness. The record company is not acting like they are desperate for a new album. As far as tours, all Axl has done in last 3 years was a Vegas residency and some S.A. shows, no full U.S. and European shows and no Japan and Australia either. It sounds like Axl is not a priority for promoters.

Axl owns the name but the name by itself is not selling enough albums nor tickets.

I always wonder if the rift between Slash and Axl is overplayed too much, and Axl is merely trying to look forward and complete a journey with his current band over and above anything else, and does not want to (re)visit his past

You often hear of the ongoing rift between Simon and Garfunkel, and from Paul Simon's perspective, very often, he is all about focussing on the now and next

• Like 1

I always wonder if the rift between Slash and Axl is overplayed too much, and Axl is merely trying to look forward and complete a journey with his current band over and above anything else, and does not want to (re)visit his past

You often hear of the ongoing rift between Simon and Garfunkel, and from Paul Simon's perspective, very often, he is all about focussing on the now and next

But even Simon & Garfunkel reunite every few years for a show or a few dates.

Why all we got was one album in 20 years? Only because Axl is lazy? He might be lazy but the record company doesn´t seem angry with his laziness. The record company is not acting like they are desperate for a new album. As far as tours, all Axl has done in last 3 years was a Vegas residency and some S.A. shows, no full U.S. and European shows and no Japan and Australia either. It sounds like Axl is not a priority for promoters.

Axl owns the name but the name by itself is not selling enough albums nor tickets.

Slight factual error there. GN'R toured Australia in early 2013. That's within your 3 year timeframe.

But even Simon & Garfunkel reunite every few years for a show or a few dates.

Because their relationship does not involve others.

I have said many times that if he got some good counseling, he would find out that a lot of the things he thinks are bad between him and Slash could get cleared up.

Do you think Slash would be into all that? I mean, from my legit insider position where I have no access to any of them and never have, I feel like Slash would certainly be cool if Axl called him and said, "Hey, let's just put all the shit behind us and have a chat," but if Axl called him and said, "Hello, Slash. This is Axl. I've been doing intensive therapy, and I'm working through everything that went on between us. I don't want to say I'm over everything, but I want to have a conversation, and there are some specific things I want to talk about. I'm going to try to keep it together, but I can't promise anything. Can I drop by your house to talk between 3 and 7 in the morning sometime in the next few weeks? I can't say for sure which day. I'll just show up...."

How would Slash handle that? The impression I get is that, on a personal level, Slash is much more important to Axl than Axl is to Slash, so I wonder if Slash would be willing to put in the time and energy that Axl would need. Am I off base?

Sure Slash would do that if Axl wanted to go try and close the gap of problems that they have from the past. Slasah would never ask to do but would be open to work out their problems if asked to.

So would you say that Slash significantly downplays how much he still cares about Axl? Would you agree that the vibe he tries to put across is that he's kind of over it?

Thanks for all the responses to everyone, Marc.

wait i thought slash IS over it..??

that is not true.

Do I want a reunion?

Yes and no.

ive been convincing people on this for a long time now

i salute you robot :headbang:

• Like 1