Does Axl read your posts here?

• 1 month later...

I waited 12 years to get it out and in 2006 just by chance I found people that wanted to help me get it out. In the contract it was set to come out in the summer of 2007. I heard the songs on CD and was told by AXl that CD was set to come out in early Nov of 2006 which would have been 8 months before the book was out. In my opinion the history of the band will always be very important and I didn't feel that there would be any conflict. 8 months was plenty of time to establish the new band and record. My mistake was next talking to Axl directly about the fact that I had found people to help me.I thought he know about and when he found out on his own, he was rightfully upset. I thought it would blow over after a few months or until he saw that the book didn't have any affect of harming the new music that he was doing.

That's surprising no one was interested in the book post break-up of the UYI line-up. Like around 2000. What was the interest in it coming out in 2007 besides Chinese finally being rumored to be done? (Not meant to sound like I'm discrediting your side of the story. Just surprised there were no offers post UYI line-up break up and in 2006 it seems like the only reason an offer would come would be cause of Chinese).

After 1996, I wasn't looking for a publisher. The manuscript Was just sitting in my closet. In 2006, by chance I bumped into the people that published Reckless Road. They were involved in a book called Americas Best Delis. There job was to enhance it by putting it on the Internet with extras such as audio and video clips. When I saw the technology that was now available, I was so excited that this was going to be a killer project because of the fact that there could be some audio from the gigs while you see and read the pages. Not only did I find a publisher, but now it's going to really rock. After seeing the project sitting around for 12 years, it was such a relief to know that it was going to see the light of day. This was the publishers first book that they built from the ground up and they saw that I had documented something very special and went out and raised the money to get it out.

Edited by recklessroad

I always wonder if the rift between Slash and Axl is overplayed too much, and Axl is merely trying to look forward and complete a journey with his current band over and above anything else, and does not want to (re)visit his past

You often hear of the ongoing rift between Simon and Garfunkel, and from Paul Simon's perspective, very often, he is all about focussing on the now and next

But even Simon & Garfunkel reunite every few years for a show or a few dates.

Because their relationship does not involve others.

Outside of the other ex-band members, who is involved besides them?