10 Strangest Guest Guitar Appearances by Slash

Amish

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/entertainment/slashs_10_strangest_guest_guitar_appearances.html?no_takeover

10. Michael Jackson – “Give In To Me” (1992)

9. Rihanna – “Rockstar 101″ (2009)

8. Love Theme from The Godfather

7. Blackstreet – “Fix (Main Mix)” (1997)

6. Spinal Tap – “Break Like The Wind” (1992)

5. Carole King – “Hold Out For Love” + “Locomotion” (1994)

4. Gina Gershon – “Lost At Sea” (2007)

3. Angry Birds Space Theme (2013)

2. Phineas and Ferb – “Kick It Up a Notch”

1. Insane Clown Posse – “Halls Of Illusions” (1997)

You can click the link and watch all the videos. :)

We know he's not picky, but the general reader of that site probably doesn't. So when he turns up on Phineas and Pherb, they're all like "WTF?!?"

But it's done no harm to his rep. Ruined is the last thing it will ever be.

Edited by moreblack

Give In To Me is a very average song, but Slash's playing on it is really good. I love the very straghtforward, performance-style video, too.

I've always liked the song, but I think the video did make me like the song more.

What do they mean by "strange"? I'm trying to find the common thread here.

I was wondering the same thing.

He never was picky of who he played with. But are we suggesting he should do it for free?

That's what I don't get. If he's gonna be out playing with anyone and everyone, I don't see why he should be damned for getting paid for working.

Since the Rihanna thing which was a disaster (Slash hated the final song with his guitar lost in the mix) he became very picky. All the appearances are now mainly for good causes or for friends.
Last one: May 2015 -> He is on the new Bernard Fowler album ;)

Since the Rihanna thing which was a disaster (Slash hated the final song with his guitar lost in the mix) he became very picky.

It's odd considering how much spotlight she gives Nuno Bettencourt in her tours, yet having Slash on an album you bury him in the mix?

Give In To Me is a very average song, but Slash's playing on it is really good. I love the very straghtforward, performance-style video, too.

I used to think that too but then something just changed and now I love it loads. I think Slash's playing does really make the song and I also love the video. Slash looks really natural and comfortable in it.

There's good writing about this track in the book Dangerous by Susan Fast. Made me look at the song differently too. Rushing now but will try and post up some of the stuff she says about Give Into Me at some point.

I don't know what you guys have been smoking but Give Into Me is a fantastic song.

People seem to forget that Slash also played on Morphine and D.S. for MJ as well. Give Into Me is a fairly straight forward rock ballad and if this is truly meant to be a discussion about "strange guest appearances" then Morphine is far more worthy of being on the list. I don't even hear Slash on that track and have always been intrigued as to what exactly his contribution was on that one.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2