Fallout 4

I'm totally fine with 30FPS, as long as the game doesn't crash and have major frame drops like FO3/NV

definitely, a stead 30fps to me is better than 60fps with a bunch of drops which always gives me a headache.

• 3 months later...

system requirements released. the minimum sounds about right, the recommended is kind of odd since it is greater than the witcher 3. i think the requirements are always inflated, i remember(myself included) being worried about the witcher 3 requirements but it ran well on on 2 gig cards so i think fallout 4 will run well on low- mid level systems

Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent
Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent
Edited by bran

It's the draw distances that'll do the damage, if they're quite limited then it won't be so bad on older systems. Should just have an option to reduce or extend really.

yeah definitely. this was odd with the witcher 3 where you couldnt change the draw distance in the options(i think you could in the ini file)

To be fair settings like that in AAA titles have been getting less and less common except I guess battlefield which has an abundance of settings for PCs. Funny when you think way back in 1999 Operation Flashpoint had all kinds of draw distance settings, i'd have thought as things advanced it would get more customisable not less.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely love Fallout 1 and 2.

I'd rather not say what I think of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. ( let's just say they are the equivalent of DJ Ashba's GnR )

Being cautiously optimistic for this one.

Totally agree, since Bethesda is involved in it, I'm expecting it to have bug crashing games (like 3 and NV), as Always. I would love to be proven wrong tho. Still, I'm selling useless tf2 items for like 30$ and funding this game for me, yes, people are that dumb. No pre-order for me.

Edited by Chewbacca

those shooting mechanics :drool:

its not witcher 3 levels of beautiful but it has a good look to it in terms of scenery and lighting. character models are a little odd.

my preorder has an estimated delivery date of the 9th but i wont be able to play it until it unlocks at midnight :(

edit: seems the game is going for a more cinematic approach than previous games, its good to see cut scenes instead of just zooming in on the NPC's head.

Edited by bran

My 3 and NV never crashed or had any bugs...must be the only one in the world :lol:

Anyway I have a midterm tomorrow and afterwards nothing but Fallout 4 ^_^

(Graphics do look kind of meh, tbh)

i never had an issue with fallout 3, the only problem i had with new vegas was i had a glitch where i fell through the ground once in a while. so far in about 7 hours of gameplay the only problem i have had in fallout 4 was when leaving a building i lost the ability to walk. closing out the game fixed the issue.

My 3 and NV never crashed or had any bugs...must be the only one in the world :lol:

Anyway I have a midterm tomorrow and afterwards nothing but Fallout 4 ^_^

(Graphics do look kind of meh, tbh)

i never had an issue with fallout 3, the only problem i had with new vegas was i had a glitch where i fell through the ground once in a while. so far in about 7 hours of gameplay the only problem i have had in fallout 4 was when leaving a building i lost the ability to walk. closing out the game fixed the issue.

Damn you, my PC isn't nice enough to play it :lol:

Got my PS4 copy...now just to fail a midterm and I'll be good to go! ^_^

another glitch involved the subtitles, they are messed up in areas. the subtitles will freeze at certain points in a conversation, while the conversation keeps going.

minor location spoiler

whoever crafted lexington in this game deserves a medal, some of the most fun I have had in a game

the music is really cool, its a greatest hits of past fallout games with a couple of new ones sprinkled in, and the dj is funny, talks like he has a gun to his head or something :lol:

Edited by bran

Not sure if this was planned, but I got up to the point where

you're suppose to clear out an assembly plant of raiders to recruit some people to the minutemen. There's a guy outside of the city its located in named Duke...in full on power armor (customized, too!). Since mine doesn't have the charge I simply followed him all the way to the plant...he just happened to be walking that way on his route! Man I love this game already...
  • Like 1

Not sure if this was planned, but I got up to the point where

you're suppose to clear out an assembly plant of raiders to recruit some people to the minutemen. There's a guy outside of the city its located in named Duke...in full on power armor (customized, too!). Since mine doesn't have the charge I simply followed him all the way to the plant...he just happened to be walking that way on his route! Man I love this game already...

that didnt happen to me but that is bad ass :lol:

i

went through the drainage pipe in lexington(its near the pharmacy) but even go outside i never seen someone in power armor, you just have to love the random encounters in this game

A far superior game to Fallout 3 for sure...but the writing is still pretty shit compared to Fallout 1 and especially 2.

Also, you can't play an asshole since you aren't really allowed to make evil decisions.

In Fallout 2 you could marry a woman only to sell her on the slave market. You could play a retard, you could be a pimp, you could nuke an entire region off the map, you could start a Jet business with Myron etc...

In Fallout 4, you sorta have to be a good guy since you only have 4 dialog options at the same time.

• Like 1

Really enjoying it so far. Only concern is power armor. I like the idea they went with, just not sure I like the execution. Bugs me not being able to keep the armor. I'm perfectly OK with the typical style of just having stronger armor like in 3, rather than this piece of armor you can use from time to time if you have the stuff for it.

Oh well, loving it still though. A lot of new features to get used to.

• Like 1