Fallout 4

Really enjoying it so far. Only concern is power armor. I like the idea they went with, just not sure I like the execution. Bugs me not being able to keep the armor. I'm perfectly OK with the typical style of just having stronger armor like in 3, rather than this piece of armor you can use from time to time if you have the stuff for it.

Oh well, loving it still though. A lot of new features to get used to.

there are perks(iirc) that will increase the life of a power core, i got a bobble head last night that extends the life of a power core by 10%. IIRC you can eventually walk in the power armor for over an hour per core.

• Like 1

Is there a way to fast forward without finding a bed? Also, can't figure out how to turn off autosave if there is a way?

yeah you have to sit in a chair or a couch, one you do there will be a button that tells you to wait(not sure on xbox or ps4, on pc it is T) then you can wait just like off of other fallout games.

you can turn off autosave by going into settings, scroll down and it will have a bunch of autosave features you can turn off and on.

also early game power core location"

go into the cave behind the red rocket gas station(where you find the dog) in the cave you fight some molerats and there is another power core in there for your power armor

be careful with unattended power armor, if you leave it in the field and his has energy in it, raiders or some settlers will jump in it and steal your power armor. so make sure you have it stashed in a place where no one is going to get at it.

Edited by bran

Is there a way to fast forward without finding a bed? Also, can't figure out how to turn off autosave if there is a way?

also early game power core location"

go into the cave behind the red rocket gas station(where you find the dog) in the cave you fight some molerats and there is another power core in there for your power armor

There's also one

At the Starlight Drive-In, that you can make a settlement. Head to the back of the three-story screen at ground level and pick the lock of the door to the storage room. Inside, the core can be found resting on an easily accessible shelf inside the larger of the two supply areas.

:shades:

Liking it so far. Also to echo was Glow Inc said, I kinda wanted to play as a dick. I don't like the karma system being taken out, but there are other features in this game that have made up for its loss.

• Like 1

A far superior game to Fallout 3 for sure...but the writing is still pretty shit compared to Fallout 1 and especially 2.

Also, you can't play an asshole since you aren't really allowed to make evil decisions.

In Fallout 2 you could marry a woman only to sell her on the slave market. You could play a retard, you could be a pimp, you could nuke an entire region off the map, you could start a Jet business with Myron etc...

In Fallout 4, you sorta have to be a good guy since you only have 4 dialog options at the same time.

yeah this is the one downside to fallout 4. remember the gold watch quest in fallout 2? that thing ran the gambit in terms of morality :lol:

Not gonna lie, I've spent an unnatural amount of time building the Sanctuary settlement up :lol:

People give Trump shit for his wall policy, but I applied it in this game and it's working well. Putting the wood shack foundation off the ground and enclosing the settlement looks and works perfectly.

I haven't even looked for Valentine yet. Just finished the BoS quest up to the point you can before progressing the storyline.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, I've spent an unnatural amount of time building the Sanctuary settlement up :lol:

People give Trump shit for his wall policy, but I applied it in this game and it's working well. Putting the wood shack foundation off the ground and enclosing the settlement looks and works perfectly.

I haven't even looked for Valentine yet. Just finished the BoS quest up to the point you can before progressing the storyline.

i built up sanctuary to an extent, but i want to build an uber base closer to the city so i can funnel all my settlements trade routes into on central location. i want to do it in bunker hill but i guess its locked until sometime in the story, so i might have to look elsewhere.

• Like 1

I've now totally enclosed Sanctuary...meaning the Trashcan Carla can't get out either. Her Brahmin literally just walks into walls from now on :lol:

However I'm also taking a risk because I've heard if you build walls too close to the green edge, enemies will spawn within your borders. I have 97 defense so I should be alright either way.

Think I've encountered my first quest breaking glitch :(

Double post (sorry!) but was it the mission Tradecraft?

aka the first Railroad mission

I'm stuck there too.

Edit: I fixed it by reloading an auto save from either when I first entered the room or right after. The quest went on like normal afterwards.

Edited by Crazyman

This really isn't a spoiler, but I'll put it under a tag just in case.

So I'm doing a mission outside of the Brotherhood of Steel (which I joined and progressed up until you get onto that giant ship in the sky) and noticed that the a few of them randomly showed up in a Vertibird. Weird...except now they'll randomly show up anywhere I am, even if I don't use the flare. They showed up at Red Rocket while I was building, they showed up at the drive-thru settlement, etc. Not sure if its a bug but I don't really need their help :lol:

i have had the same thing happen with the minutemen kind of creeps me out sometimes :lol:

here is some loot i got earlier from legendary enemies(survival difficulty)

"the neverending combat shotgun"- legendary raider- this gun is as a beast, basically their is 0 magazine size so if you have 100 rounds you can fire all 100 rounds without reloading.

" the double-shot 10mm- this allow you to fire 2 shots at time with your handgun, i took all the top mods off my other 10 mm and put them all on this one.

" incendiary hunting rifle"- lights enemies on fire for up to 15 seconds. i had it chambered for .50 cal.

By the way I finally got "attacked" at Sanctuary. A few Raiders tried to invade from the path by Vault 111...except they couldn't get in and got mowed down by my turrets before I was able to get over there :lol:

I need to up my difficulty...I'm getting too strong and I wanna get some crazy legendary weapons!

• Like 1

By the way I finally got "attacked" at Sanctuary. A few Raiders tried to invade from the path by Vault 111...except they couldn't get in and got mowed down by my turrets before I was able to get over there :lol:

I need to up my difficulty...I'm getting too strong and I wanna get some crazy legendary weapons!

got that shit on lockdown :lol:

trying to make it to jamaica plain but getting my ass kicked. survival mode you will fight 2 or 3 legendary's at a time and healing takes forever.

trying to make it to jamaica plain but getting my ass kicked. survival mode you will fight 2 or 3 legendary's at a time and healing takes forever.

Shit that sounds exciting compared to what I'm doing. I haven't had to heal or anything really in a long time. Can basically just mow down a ton of opponents, considering I have all modded out power armor (x01 or whatever it is helmet, the rest t60) and modded out weapons. I think I'm approaching level 40 soon.

• Like 1

Shit that sounds exciting compared to what I'm doing. I haven't had to heal or anything really in a long time. Can basically just mow down a ton of opponents, considering I have all modded out power armor (x01 or whatever it is helmet, the rest t60) and modded out weapons. I think I'm approaching level 40 soon.

im about 40 hours in and i just hit level 25 just started working on power armor. i think you would like survival mode. food works great since you can mass craft food but then you can spam eat it to heal faster, stim packs take forever to fully heal. money is hard to come by since places are sometimes loaded with difficult enemies, i just started putting industrial water purifiers all over my settlements to make caps off of purified waters.

Edited by bran

im about 40 hours in and i just level 25 just started working on power armor. i think you would like survival mode. food works great since you can mass craft food but then you can spam eat it to heal faster, stim packs take forever to fully heal. money is hard to come by since places are sometimes loaded with difficult enemies, i just started putting industrial water purifiers all over my settlements to make caps off of purified waters.

Damn, I'm definitely switching next time I turn my PS4 on! Once I play through on this character I want to make a sneak/melee one and play on survival...man that's gonna be a bitch!