Fallout 4

For consoles go to your workshop take all the junk out and throw it on the ground,

Then go into building mode scrap all your junk, you will notice your size will go down,the game thinks you are removing items but you are just converting junk to base items. You can do this over and over building infinitely

Edited by bran

Think I've encountered my first quest breaking glitch :(

Double post (sorry!) but was it the mission Tradecraft?

aka the first Railroad mission

I'm stuck there too.

Edit: I fixed it by reloading an auto save from either when I first entered the room or right after. The quest went on like normal afterwards.

i just did this quest, at the beginning deacon wouldnt move towards the objective he just walked three or four feet stopped stood there for 5-10 seconds, turned around walked another three or four feet and did the same thing. i shot him in the head and for some reason this got him going :lol:

• Like 1

Think I've encountered my first quest breaking glitch :(

Double post (sorry!) but was it the mission Tradecraft?

aka the first Railroad mission

I'm stuck there too.

Edit: I fixed it by reloading an auto save from either when I first entered the room or right after. The quest went on like normal afterwards.

i just did this quest, at the beginning deacon wouldnt move towards the objective he just walked three or four feet stopped stood there for 5-10 seconds, turned around walked another three or four feet and did the same thing. i shot him in the head and for some reason this got him going :lol:

I've not tried that quest yet, just had it added to my log.

It was "The Lost Patrol", you follow loads of signals and find the holotapes for each soldier from a lost band, eventually leading you to a bunker right at the North of the map. You find the Paladin that abandoned them locked up in there. Regardless of what you do at that point, you're told to report back to Paladin Danse. The problem is, that Paladin Danse is a companion and you can't instigate the quest conversation with him. The alternative is to find the Captian Kells on board that blimp, but after the initial quest of touring it, he's nowhere to be seen. Bit shit.

I heard about that bug too. I think the first patch is coming next week, so hopefully some of the bigger issues will be taken care of.

Edit: Also I've noticed a lot of times if I've cleared a place out for a quest and had to return there, the place is now filled with the same enemies again.

And my thoughts on legendary after an hour or so of playing - holy shit, I had to fast-travel to an army base (which I had already cleared out but the enemies respawned). Took them out easily enough, but then I look over to my left and there's a giant fight with a ton of explosions and fires going on. Turns out the BoS must've randomly spawned again and were fighting a bunch of Super Mutants! I ran over there but by the time I got there all the BoS were dead and I was left fighting like 10 (not exaggerating here) of them. Had to use a few stim packs and Piper "died" pretty early in the fight, but I was able to fight them all off.

Definitely gonna keep the game on legendary. That was the most fun I've had since the first day or so :lol:

Edited by Crazyman

off of a legendary raider i got a combat shotgun that does 110 damage plus 15 plasma damage. my original shotgun was named "the bitch"(after what denzel washington calls his shotgun in training day) i renamed it, "the bigger bitch" i also have been just hoarding materials to keep building on my base in jamaica plains.

I'm glad I hadn't played Fallout 3 in so long, the amount of stuff I've found that I have very vague memories of is great. I entirely forgot Behemoths were a thing, absolutely fuckin' shit myself when I bumped into one when I was exploring. Deathclaw gauntlet is great with the extra claw upgrade, I'm using Kremvh's Tooth as my melee weapon. It's a unique weapon I got from Dunwich Borders, same base damage as the gauntlet but with poisioning damage as well. I think it's slightly faster too.

This is going to sound bad but I can't wait to finish this game so I can make a stealth melee character with a fresh game. Probably won't get to that until Christmas at the earliest, though :lol:

The deathclaw gaunlet is awesome, the best melee i found.

They had that in 3. Glad to hear it's still available in this one.

yeah , it's available but only if you finished the witchcraft quest

just see and hear the UFO crashing and i just follow by foot the smoke. It lead me to the crater of atom, but no sign of the UFO. I don't know were to look.

Edited by Russel Nash
  • Like 1

This is going to sound bad but I can't wait to finish this game so I can make a stealth melee character with a fresh game. Probably won't get to that until Christmas at the earliest, though :lol:

just see and hear the UFO crashing and i just follow by foot the smoke. It lead me to the crater of atom, but no sign of the UFO. I don't know were to look.

Nah, I've not done the Witchcraft quest yet and found a Deathclaw Gauntlet. I think those are missiles, not UFOs. I've been to the Crater of Atom though but only in passing, need to go back and find out what the hell is going on.

the UFO is a random encounter when it crashes, it crashes in the same spot regardless of where you are though. it took me forever to find it, but the easiest way to find it is

go to beantown brewery and head south. you will see some damage, the forest smoking and on fire the ufo will be there in ruins. if you want to find the secret weapon, follow the blood. if you havent found beantown brewery, go to oberland station and head east.
when it happened to me i was at the satellite relay near the national guard building. Edited by bran

the UFO is a random encounter when it crashes, it crashes in the same spot regardless of where you are though. it took me forever to find it, but the easiest way to find it is

go to beantown brewery and head south. you will see some damage, the forest smoking and on fire the ufo will be there in ruins. if you want to find the secret weapon, follow the blood. if you havent found beantown brewery, go to oberland station and head east.
when it happened to me i was at the satellite relay near the national guard building.

thanks, i found it!. I got the alien blaster with lots of ammo.

when it happened to me i was at the satellite relay near the national guard building.

thanks, i found it!. I got the alien blaster with lots of ammo.

awesome, yeah the gun is awesome. i hold onto just in case if run into any legendary death claws.

Nah, I've not done the Witchcraft quest yet and found a Deathclaw Gauntlet. I think those are missiles, not UFOs. I've been to the Crater of Atom though but only in passing, need to go back and find out what the hell is going on.

i thought that doing the right thing in that quest gave me the gauntlet. I dont feel special anymore .

God damn this game performs horribly on my Xbox One.

Is my memory just poor or is this game a lot harder than Fallout 3?

its harder IMO. i think how they really try to limit the amount of caps you have on you makes it harder, not sure about other difficulties but on survival mode the cost of ammo and stimpacks are through the roof. plus you have all this junk that is used to build everything from gun mods to crafting stations to power armor and armor upgrades. scavenging in the world takes time plus you have an encumbrance so it takes multiple trips to dump shit off and go back, the cost of buying deliveries is quite high(50 aluminum in my game is 1600 caps) and merchants only have 300 or so caps on them at any given time.

on a side note there was a mod released that allows you to craft your own ammo.

Edited by bran