Marc, who is a guitar player from Duff's book who...

...called Slash a hooray for tolerance! in the Rainbow??

Tnx

Chris Holmes (W.A.S.P.) ?

Somebody correct me if i am wrong.

"... have you ever read Slash's book?

Glenn: I've got it. Yeah.

Chris: Well you know what he said about me in there? I'm sure you remember that I called somebody a n*gg*r. That's in his book - somebody wrote it. Well I never said, "N*gg*rs shouldn't play guitar" - Jimi Hendrix is my favourite player of all time - why would I even say that? What I did say, one of the roadies was with me told me when he showed me the piece in the book,"You didn't do that Chris, it was in the Rainbow Bar in '87 - you were sitting there and I was with you too. Slash came up and he said, "Dude, check this out - this tattoo I got" and I grabbed his arm and said, "I didn't know n*gg*rs get tattoos!" (We laugh) Something I'd say. So we're laughing.

Glenn: But you just meant it in fun - you didn't mean nothing by it.

Chris: It just came out my mouth. I was hammered. All drunk and stupid."

source :http://www.metalliville.co.uk/bankup/INTERVIEWS%20Folder/Chris%20Holmes.htm

Slash (with Anthony Bozza) : "One time at the Rainbow I got into a fight with Chris Holmes

from W.A.S.P. Duff overheard Chris saying that hooray for tolerance!s

shouldn’t play guitar. He didn’t say it to me, but it was

obviously about me. As I remember, Duff told me about it

later and the next time I saw Chris I went up to confront him

and he took off running. Aside from insulting me, it’s one of

the more ridiculous and untrue things a musician, of all

people, could ever possibly say."

Duff : "One night Slash and I went out to The Rainbow, a restaurant next to the Roxy on Sunset that was famous as a rock-and-roll hangout. They gave us a booth. This was a new level of deference. A booth! At The Rainbow! As we proceeded to get blasted, a really big, drunk guy wandered over to our table. Though he looked like an overgrown hick, he was in fact the guitar player from a band considered quite big just then - bigger than Guns. He addressed himself to Slash:

"hooray for tolerance!s shouldn’t wear tattoos”, he said.

What? Was this his idea of a joke or something?

He wasn’t laughing.

I stood up.

“What the fuck did you say to my friend?”

“You heard. hooray for tolerance!s shouldn’t wear tattoos.”

I slugged the guy. Then I slugged him again. And again. He reminded me of the bullies back in Seattle, the meatheads who beat up punks in packs, who called everyone hooray for tolerance!s. I’m not sure how many times I hit him - I just completely lost it - but he went down. I found out later that three of his ribs were broken".

Edited by makkonen

Well, Chris Holmes has always been bit simple and stupid :bitchfight::crazy:

Eddie van Halen didn´t act much better back in a day "Eddie’s excessive drinking begins to take a toll. One night in 1993 at the height of the grunge years, a drunken Eddie appears backstage for a Nirvana concert at the Forum. He reportedly begs Kurt Cobain to let him join the band on stage, explaining, “I’m all washed up; you are what’s happening now.” He also, for unexplained reasons, supposedly sniffs Cobain’s deodorant before calling Nirvana’s half-black rhythm guitarist Pat Smear a “Mexican” and a “Raji.” Needless to say, he is not allowed on stage." :thumbsdown::jerkoff: