Stairway to Heaven or Won't Get Fooled Again?

GivenToFly

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

See? They've completely brainwashed their own people. :lol:

Racially speaking Im nothing to do with these people, these are the same guys who joked about having '32 deposed Pakistanis' living in their speakers (in reference to their amps being huge), come to that, racially speaking, The Beatles wrote songs about how 'Jojo don't want no Pakistanis taking all the white mans jobs', think about the lyrics to Get Back for a moment and then ponder where that songs coming from, if I rate these whiteboys its cuz I got a good reason :lol: For many of my origins no reason is good enough, based on the above mentioned alone :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

What is with The Who hatred? They were an incredible band, The Who. And the Yanks loved them - what the sodden hell are you going on about, them being a 'Brit' thing. The Who were part of the 'British invasion'. They were huge in America. Then later, The Who played Woodstock in front of a load of yankee hippies.

• Like 1

What is with The Who hatred? They were an incredible band, The Who. And the Yanks loved them - what the sodden hell are you going on about, them being a 'Brit' thing. The Who were part of the 'British invasion'. They were huge in America. Then later, The Who played Woodstock in front of a load of yankee hippies.

Exactly. Those stoned hippies were too fucked to tell they were being force fed shit. :lol:

I'm just joking around for the most part. The only Who songs I know are the terrible ones they play at the beginning of those shit CSI shows (Won't Get Fooled Again included) and that horrendous rock opera, Tommy. Fucking dreadful. I'm always up for good music, though. Show us something decent if they're not trash.

Yeah, those songs suck.

:D

With The Who you've got to begin at the beginning because it contextualises the pomposity of the later stuff and you can get a real feel for the engine of The Who through the early stuff. The later stuff is just them kinda going mad with it.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

There we go. Those are good songs.

Are you kidding me???

THOSE songs were good, but Wont Get Fooled Again isn't????

Jesus fucking christ! some people!....

Its not really that difficult to understand GTF, i mean its those songs that are the reason we have The Who.

Do you not see, on some level, how someone might find things like Tommy and Lighthouse and all that to be slightly ridiculous?

Edited by Len B'stard

early Who seems like something Austin Powers very swinging 60s. I just got their Best of because of CSI though.

I always felt them a really really like...stark departure from that stuff. Musically I've gone on about at great length so we'll leave that for a sec (also cuz it's kinda obvious, just look at the players) but like, OK, they come in off of Can't Explain, bit of a Kinks rip off. Then you got like, My Generation, a pretty coarse song if you think about it, thinly masked aggression, Pictures of Lily, a song about wanking, I'm A Boy, weird song where the world premier band of yobbos make a song about gender identity, I always thought them the very opposite of Swinging 60s, i always saw them as what they were, very hard nosed working class lads that were filtering American music through their particular form of exhuberant English aggression.

Very swinging 60s i think of Gerry Marsden, Hermans Hermits, The Hollies, stuff like that, The Who were very very unlike that. I suppose the mod stuff. But again, that was sort of like fashion for working class pill-heads. The Who's early stuff sounds like...smelly clubs...and speed pills...and violence. There's an aggression to it. In fact there was very little but aggression to their stuff until Tommy, which is a really passionate and compassionate piece. They're very um...I mean take a song like You See My Way 'some way some day, i'll find a way to make you see my way', not exactly seranading the poor girl, is he? I Can See For Miles is another thats really quite aggressive. Very masculine.

Swinging 60s i relate more to the ruffles and the frilly sleeves and all that game. They were rescued from being a total hooligan type band by the intellect of Pete Townshend, in the same way The Kinks were rescued from being the same by the intellect and wit (not that Townshend doesn't have wit) of Ray Davies.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

They were doing like Howlin Wolf and James Brown covers, little English boys trying to sound like 60 year old black men from the Mississippi delta, as Rog' Daltrey once called em :lol:

They were very modern and contemporary and into Motown and all that too.

Edited by Len B'stard

But that's earlier albums than what's on the Best of?

It's just when you get a Zepp best of it's basically hard rock. It's all in a similar vein.

The Who seems to have a more Beatles or Kinks feel with some wackier stuff then 2 or 3 classic rock numbers.