Stairway to Heaven or Won't Get Fooled Again?

GivenToFly

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Who themselves, Roger, Pete and John, did not know what the heck Townsend was on about with 'Lifehouse'. The redeeming thing is, those are great songs anyway even if you just lump them out as a collection like Who's Next. Tommy never gets indulgent because you have the humour, Keith doing Uncle Ernie and Entwhistle's numbers etc. And again, the songs work individually also.

But that's earlier albums than what's on the Best of?

It's just when you get a Zepp best of it's basically hard rock. It's all in a similar vein.

The Who seems to have a more Beatles or Kinks feel with some wackier stuff then 2 or 3 classic rock numbers.

Honestly i think those best of's often are compiled with a view to the broader market and subsequent appeal of songs? Over here in England people more related them to being Mods, whereas America kinda fell in love more with the big stage big riff 'SALLY TAKE MAH HAANND' stuff. Fuckin' tassels hanging off your brown leather sleeves and all that.

There we go. Those are good songs.

Are you kidding me???

THOSE songs were good, but Wont Get Fooled Again isn't????

Jesus fucking christ! some people!....

Yes. Regardless of how angry you are that I have better taste than you, the songs Len posted are much better than the pompous bullshit they play on CSI.

Are you kidding me???

Yes. Regardless of how angry you are that I have better taste than you, the songs Len posted are much better than the pompous bullshit they play on CSI.

Not angry, perplexed. But I suppose if it doesn't involve tight jeans, twirly mustaches and seventeen layers of irony it's difficult for anything to attract your attention.

Are you kidding me???

Not angry, perplexed. But I suppose if it doesn't involve tight jeans, twirly mustaches and seventeen layers of irony it's difficult for anything to attract your attention.

You're definitely angry. :lol:

But if you really want to find out who has broader taste in music, we can talk about it and you can look even dumber than you do right now. :lol:

Are you kidding me???

You're definitely angry. :lol:

But if you really want to find out who has broader taste in music, we can talk about it and you can look even dumber than you do right now. :lol:

GTFs taste is best understood in the context of his assertion that he percieves no value in originality or integrity in music. Not to say that The Who's early work was all original, just a little clarification of the mentality you're dealing with.