Angie, annnnggaaay, when will those clouds all disappear....

Towelie

My favourite Stones songs are:

Waiting on a Friend

Beast of Burden

I love Beast Of Burden, but I hate the way Mick sings it live - he always sounds like he couldn't give any less of a fuck to be performing that song. I wish he could just sing it the way he does on the studio version.

She's so Cold, Midnight Rambler, Dead Flowers, Ruby Tuesday, Sway, Street Fighting Man

I love how this thread went from discussing a single song, to the other Stones ballads, now to all Stones songs.

But Sway is indisputably my favorite Stones song. I really hope I get to hear this one live just one time on this tour. She's So Cold is great too, one of their best rockers IMO.

Waiting on a Friend

Beast of Burden

I love Beast Of Burden, but I hate the way Mick sings it live - he always sounds like he couldn't give any less of a fuck to be performing that song. I wish he could just sing it the way he does on the studio version.

Ummmm.... did ya watch that performance. Seems like he gives a ton of fucks while singing it. He's so into it.

Waiting on a Friend

Beast of Burden

Ummmm.... did ya watch that performance. Seems like he gives a ton of fucks while singing it. He's so into it.

I don't mean in terms of energy or anything, I just mean his voice. It's one of those songs Mick always kind of sounds like he's just talking through instead of trying to actually sing it.

Memory Motel is they best shit.

Fuck me, you are meant to be a writer!

I guess it was meant to be.

Jagger and Too $hort could have a hit with First Date. Jagger gettin' hyphy.

Mick and $hort. Two pimp daddy's. Both old school. I can see it.

This may be a bit of an unpopular and certainly uncool opinion, but I actually thought A Bigger Bang was a pretty cool album. I particularly love Rough Justice and Streets of Love.

And it has one of the best opening verses of any album I've heard:

One time you were my baby chicken

Now you've grown into a fox

And once upon a time I was your little rooster

Now I'm just one of your cocks

Edited by Towelie

This may be a bit of an unpopular and certainly uncool opinion, but I actually thought A Bigger Bang was a pretty cool album. I particularly love Rough Justice and Streets of Love.

And it has one of the best opening verses of any album I've heard:

One time you were my baby chicken

Now you've grown into a fox

And once upon a time I was your little rooster

Now I'm just one of your cocks

It is certainly not a bad album but I just couldn't get into it.

Cocksucker Blues, the slow blues one, might possibly be the best Stones song ever in that it is the realisation of everything that 60s parents and society suspected and feared of The Stones, these weird poofy deviants that were emblematic of the moral decay of society. The nerve for a sort of lads band to write such a queer song, its fantastic.