Hip-Hop '95. Classic albums turning 20

J Dog

What a year for Wu solo albums. Liquid Swords will always hold the number one spot for me but it's not like either of those two others slack at all. Gonna have to listen to some of these later.

Yeah that is quite the run. To me, I'd have to got with Cuban Linx. But that's no knock on Liquid Swords or ODB, all are classics.

best year and best decade for hip hop

Easily the best decade. And if you want to make a case for best year, I'd say you have a shit pile of evidence to make a good case.

Damn there was some good music knocking about when i was a kid :)

And that's not even counting some underground classics. Too $hort (Cocktails), Mack 10 (self titled), E-40 (In a Major Way), DJ Quik (Safe + Sound), AZ (Do or Die), Onyx (All We Got Iz Us), Goodie Mob (Soul Food).

1-9-9 to the nickel.

Another sick diss track by Quik was Can't Fuck With A N!gga when he was gunnin' for Everlast. I might get slated for this but uh, if you got a problem you could suck my cock :lol: But yeah, what i was gonna say was my favorite diss tracks are just the ones that go all out, racist, sexist, abusive fuckin'...just go all the way, say the wrongest thing, something that just makes me go *gasp* what the fuck did he just say?!? :lol: Cube is like that:

'cuz you can't be the N!gga for life crew/with a white jew telling you what to do!'

:lol: *shakes his head* Fuck me Cube :lol: Or 'you can't turn the ghetto into Black Korea!' :lol: Probably reflects very poorly on my character but i love that shit! And then Cubes like 'they wanna call me a racist?' Uh, yeeeeeah, i wonder why :lol:

Or Eminem, he's a great one for that:

'i'm sorry man, i wasn't tryna steal your light or nothing/but you're a homosexual white rappin' Irish muslim/i wish i was Irish so i could be a muslim too/and i'd be as confused as you'

:lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Another sick diss track by Quik was Can't Fuck With A N!gga when he was gunnin' for Everlast. I might get slated for this but uh, if you got a problem you could suck my cock :lol: But yeah, what i was gonna say was my favorite diss tracks are just the ones that go all out, racist, sexist, abusive fuckin'...just go all the way, say the wrongest thing, something that just makes me go *gasp* what the fuck did he just say?!? :lol: Cube is like that:

'cuz you can't be the N!gga for life crew/with a white jew telling you what to do!'

:lol: *shakes his head* Fuck me Cube :lol: Or 'you can't turn the ghetto into Black Korea!' :lol: Probably reflects very poorly on my character but i love that shit! And then Cubes like 'they wanna call me a racist?' Uh, yeeeeeah, i wonder why :lol:

Or Eminem, he's a great one for that:

'i'm sorry man, i wasn't tryna steal your light or nothing/but you're a homosexual white rappin' Irish muslim/i wish i was Irish so i could be a muslim too/and i'd be as confused as you'

:lol:

Cube took no prisoners. That's why I love Mr. Makaveli, no holds barred. "mobb deep, aint one of you got sick cell or somethin, fuckin with me you'll fuck around have a seizure or heart attack"

Against all odds is in my top 5 pac tracks. Fuckin sick.

Probably the song that got him killed. 'Listen while i take you back and lace this track, a real live tale about a snitch named Haitian Jaques, knew he was working for Feds, same crime, different trials', thats Jaqques Agnant he's talking about, the guy who i believe was in on the rape case and was also who he had been hanging around during the time of the Quad Studios shooting, someone all his peoples told him to steer clear of'.

And also 'promise the payback Jimmy Henchman, in due time, i know you bitch n!ggaz is listenin', the world is mine'

Thats Jimmy 'Henchman' Rosemond he's speaking about, used to manage The Game, a well known name in the hip hop community, whoose recently bought himself a life sentence for drug trafficking and about a bajillion other crimes. He admitted i think to ordering the Quad studios hit although it wasn't meant to be a shooting, it was meant to be a robbery, Pac had a prediliction for wearing Rolexes on each wrist, the lairy bastard :lol: Anyway, they only actually shot him cuz he went for his gun...

Can i just say, how much of a fuckin' badman was Pac?!?! Guns on you, TWO guns, point blank...and this fuckin' guy draws rather than hand over his shine

*stands up and applauds*

Not exactly the brainiest move but fuck me did that boy have some stones...a fact which, ironically, resulted in one of emgetting shot off. And he was still bangin' groupies out two at a time :lol: Top fuckin' lad, is there any question about this mans fuckin' chin? Total fuckin' champion of a lad.

• Like 1

Against all odds is in my top 5 pac tracks. Fuckin sick.

Probably the song that got him killed. 'Listen while i take you back and lace this track, a real live tale about a snitch named Haitian Jaques, knew he was working for Feds, same crime, different trials', thats Jaqques Agnant he's talking about, the guy who i believe was in on the rape case and was also who he had been hanging around during the time of the Quad Studios shooting, someone all his peoples told him to steer clear of'.

And also 'promise the payback Jimmy Henchman, in due time, i know you bitch n!ggaz is listenin', the world is mine'

Thats Jimmy 'Henchman' Rosemond he's speaking about, used to manage The Game, a well known name in the hip hop community, whoose recently bought himself a life sentence for drug trafficking and about a bajillion other crimes. He admitted i think to ordering the Quad studios hit although it wasn't meant to be a shooting, it was meant to be a robbery, Pac had a prediliction for wearing Rolexes on each wrist, the lairy bastard :lol: Anyway, they only actually shot him cuz he went for his gun...

Can i just say, how much of a fuckin' badman was Pac?!?! Guns on you, TWO guns, point blank...and this fuckin' guy draws rather than hand over his shine

*stands up and applauds*

Not exactly the brainiest move but fuck me did that boy have some stones...a fact which, ironically, resulted in one of emgetting shot off. And he was still bangin' groupies out two at a time :lol: Top fuckin' lad, is there any question about this mans fuckin' chin? Total fuckin' champion of a lad.

When my man says, This be the realest shit I ever wrote, he meant that shit. Makaveli and Me Against the World, all heart and soul on those two albums.

Another line in there is - gunshots to Tut now you stuck - Tut was some supposed real deal killer, that's who they say probably got the job of setting up Pac and carrying everything out. I've always said, Pac was a dead man walking on Makaveli and knew it.

Everybody was talking shit about Pac for going after Bad Boy, he said one time something to the effect of...so I'm the bad guy because I'm rappin, these motherfuckers tried to kill me and blow my fuckin balls off but I'm the bad guy.

No homie, you weren't the bad guy.

• Like 2