Slash on GN'R reunion: "I don't see it."

Asked about a recent interview, where he said: "Never say never" on a GN'R reunion, Slash now said in an interview with the German tabloid BZ:

„Hey, es ist schon erstaunlich, was man so alles dort hinein interpretiert. Ich wollte nur mal ein bisschen freundlicher und positiver klingen. Aber Axl und ich haben keinen Kontakt und ich sehe das nicht.“

My translation: "Hey, it's remarkable what is read into that. I just wanted to sound a little more friendly und positiv. But Axl and I aren't in touch and I don't see it."

Source: http://www.bz-berlin.de/kultur/musik/slash-sex-dinosaurier-und-rock-n-roll

• Like 1

It must suck to have every time he mentioned guns, he gets asked about it again later in a never ending cycle of answering questions about an answer to a previous question. The obvious solution would be to stick to one line. "I wouldn't rule it out, it could be fun, but we haven't been in touch for years, so all things considered it's not something I foresee in the immediate future."

I appreciate that he's trying to be more positive about guns, but if he kept his answers about a guns reunion more consistent he wouldn't be hounded about it as much.

Let me ask this, what if Izzy, Duff and Axl decided to get together? Any pressure then, Slash?

That scenario really bears no relevance to a full-scale reunion. Axl is on good terms with Duff and with Izzy (Who it's probably safe to assume are on good terms with each other). I'd say the chances of the Axl/Izzy/Duff scenario happening at some point fall somewhere between "possible" and "likely". Slash doesn't even factor into the equation on any level because Axl doesn't seem to want to make amends with Slash. Slash wouldn't fall under any pressure if Axl/Izzy/Duff played together, because Slash has no say in whether he gets to play with Axl or not (At least the way things stand right now, that is). If that situation applies any pressure to anyone, it would be Axl since he is the one that holds all the keys, metaphorically speaking.

It must suck to have every time he mentioned guns, he gets asked about it again later in a never ending cycle of answering questions about an answer to a previous question. The obvious solution would be to stick to one line. "I wouldn't rule it out, it could be fun, but we haven't been in touch for years, so all things considered it's not something I foresee in the immediate future."

I appreciate that he's trying to be more positive about guns, but if he kept his answers about a guns reunion more consistent he wouldn't be hounded about it as much.

Axl and Slash have both been very clear. Every once in a while they do say something that isn't depressingly negative in relation to performing together again, and people lose their shit every time they do so.

Yup its all Slash's fault, now he can't even speak regarding his relationship with Axl? When he is saying positive and good things then you also blame me, when he says he doesn't see's it happening, then you also blame him and the almighty Lord Axl Rose is never at fault, I guess its Slash's fault why Axl is not releasing an album

The question always starts with "I have to ask....."

Slash should just end interviews when it comes up but he doesn't want to come off as a jerk.