Best Rap Albums of All Time

luciusfunk

Illmstic is well fuckin boring. If i want lo-fi-y New York sounding shit I'll have Wu Tang instead of that no personality shit.

I love Jigga but he doesn't have much that makes me think "OOOHHHHH SHEEET NIGGGA".

Your problem young man is that you equate rap with violence :lol: Like a true fuckin' greasy metaller, it's gotta shout at you or you ain't up for it :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Illmstic is well fuckin boring. If i want lo-fi-y New York sounding shit I'll have Wu Tang instead of that no personality shit.

I love Jigga but he doesn't have much that makes me think "OOOHHHHH SHEEET NIGGGA".

Your problem young man is that you equate rap with violence :lol: Like a true fuckin' greasy metaller, it's gotta shout at you or you ain't up for it :lol:
hooray for tolerance!z gotta die.

I try no to be too vocal about not liking Nas. I try to respect him through the transitive property, you know? :lol: I respect a lot of people who respect Nas, so I respect Nas.

Nas and Ra' have that really really clean style with really well poportioned diction and meter that make it sound like they're reading sonnets or something, it's really so crisp. GZA is also like that. No weird enjambments or cut offs that make the delivery of it go CLANG. Well, not many and when they're there they're worked into it so well you can't notice em.

This is something a lot of young rappers don't get, that this shit is really tightly structured verse with a certain amount of syllables and a really consistent continuity. Instead of like say as much shit each bar as you can as long as the last word rhymes.

Don't get me wrong, because you know I love GZA, but isn't that kinda why GZA requires RZA (or whichever producer after) to kill it on a track for the thing to really work? GZA is a beast on the track for sure, but Liquid Swords isn't half the album it is without RZA making it true Wu. He needs the complement, whereas you can hear a guy like Ghost drop the music and just keep spitting, and he sounds great.

I'm really not trying to say one is better or whatever. I've just never been into the more spoken-word type rap. My favorite rapper is the one man army. What do you expect? :lol:

I've noticed this has been a problem with my rap taste. It's gotta be dripping with anger and frustration and just punch me in the throat for me to be hooked.

Jay is an exception, but he just has such a good flow and is a pretty good story teller

I've noticed this has been a problem with my rap taste. It's gotta be dripping with anger and frustration and just punch me in the throat for me to be hooked.

Jay is an exception, but he just has such a good flow and is a pretty good story teller

Check it out. These albums are over 20 years old and just as tense and relevant now as they were back then. You could use these songs as a soundtrack to 2014/2015. That's wild.

Only one or two I'd consider in the discussion for best of all time, but I'd recommend giving each of Kanye West's albums at least one listen. There aren't very many of them, and each one helped shape the future of the genre. Each one also has a distinct, different sound and theme, so you won't get bored.

Everything else I'd recommend has already been brought up, so I'll just advocate Kanye since no one else is brave enough to stand up to the giant hologram of Len's face and its followers.

Edited by bacardimayne

Everything else I'd recommend has already been brought up, so I'll just advocate Kanye since no one else is brave enough to stand up to the giant hologram of Len's face and its followers.

So, in short, I'm the reason why everyone thinks Kanye West is a twat. All the TMZ articles making fun of him, every celebrity magazine that thinks he's a fool and regularly makes articles, everyone that thinks he's a pompous twat with an ego that far exceeds his talent, everyone that makes fun of him for wifeing a ho, thats all my doing yeah? :lol:

Next you'll be telling me I'm the little Jew that controls the media :lol: Even you think he's a twat, is that my doing as well? People ridicule people like that, they always have done, any celebrity that gets THAT full of themselves is immediately subject to a degree of disregard and ridicule, i just like taking the piss out of people, whether you are or aren't piss-take-worthy is predicated on your behaviour.

And a rather fetching little black leather skirt too!

And a rather forced, average rap flow.

To his credit he can flow better than a great many producers but yeah, nothing worth writing home about.

I agree. And I'm not saying he's terrible, I've heard worse. But with people throwing around things like GOAT and best of this generation and stuff like that, I think it's fine to point out that his flow really isn't all that.

Ok a little update. I haven't been able to listen to a lot lately, but I didn't care much for hooray for tolerance! Please or Life After Death. The only tracks I really remember are Got Your Money and Hypnotize.

Edited by luciusfunk

And a rather fetching little black leather skirt too!

And a rather forced, average rap flow.

To his credit he can flow better than a great many producers but yeah, nothing worth writing home about.

I agree. And I'm not saying he's terrible, I've heard worse. But with people throwing around things like GOAT and best of this generation and stuff like that, I think it's fine to point out that his flow really isn't all that.

I am saying he's terrible :lol: Having a better flow than a lot of producers does not necessarily constitute quality :lol:

Ok a little update. I haven't been able to listen to a lot lately, but I didn't care much for hooray for tolerance! Please or Life After Death. The only tracks I really remember are Got Your Money and Hypnotize.

You didn't start with those, did you? Listen to their debut albums if you haven't already.