RICHARD FORTUS: GUNS N' ROSES Will Release New Music And Tour Next Year

I guess it's good there's a record he believes could be released.

Richard does keep saying this. It looks like Sixx am are touring.

I guess Tommy, Richard, Frank, Dizzy, Pitman will be ready next year.

Dj and Ron are doubtful.

2017 - find replacement for Ron. Nita Strauss.

2018. - replacement add parts to CD II

2019 - CD goes to mix

2020 - Nov 23 release of CD II

2021 - Rock in Rio

Could be 2020, but I'm more optimistic then that. I wonder if Axl is adding more parts now and "finishing" touches, I also see the record label as a potential obstacle and what's the status between the record execs and Axl.

Also gotta think Axl won't release it with a fucked up booklet. I guess it's at a point where there's a record ready to go, but the final phase of a new Guns release could take time depending on factors we don't know enough about.

Hopefully Axl will be pleased with the music to be confident enough to let it go. Take a step back and really believe it's done, no more changes. He has a difficult time to do that it seems.

He added Bumble and Frank in 2007. Maybe we're at the same phase right now but Axl ain't talking much yet.

Sharing at least the album title will be appropriate now and harmless if he has one of course.

Seeing how the turned in chidem and the added parts to chidem were on the final release. Those final touches could be worst or for the better.

I love the added parts on street of dreams and chinese democracy.

Would love to hear that full record without bumble and axl's added parts. Just to see what is there and whats not. With no disrespect.

I think he may not add parts even if they get a replacement Ron.

But mixing. It doesn't seem to take that long to from mix to release. 2 months?

Hopefully if no added parts and no best buy deal and TB in contact with Axl and label if they keep it simple and just release it with the right booklet then do interviews and tour to release it, then it could go smooth flamenco.

I don't really expect videos or even movie tie ins. Wouldn't even release singles.

Just album and tour like Zeppelin.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Hopefully if no added parts and no best buy deal and TB in contact with Axl and label if they keep it simple and just release it with the right booklet then do interviews and tour to release it, then it could go smooth flamenco.

I don't really expect videos or even movie tie ins. Wouldn't even release singles.

I'm sure, based on nothing, that at least the album will be released so it doesn't really make a huge difference if it's next year or in 2020 on it's own.

But I think Axl realizes he can't rap forever and if he wants to present the work live, he doesn't have much time to do it properly and still sing jungle and all the hits.

I don't think he will ever compromise the recorded music for that or for anything else really. It will be interesting to see how it goes down, but my guess is Axl will want to go out with a bang when he can still do it, but who knows.

The most important thing is CD ll gets released for me. That's gonna happen sooner or later.

Ideally, CD ll is released with the remix album in 2016, and Axl just goes kamikaze and tours behind it right away. In the next 6 years Axl has the potential for doing even 2 cycles: CD ll, CD ll tour, and another final Guns album and a tour.

I think what will actually happen is CD ll released in the next couple of years, the remix album, and the CD ll tour. All before Axl is 60. Then he goes solo instrumental and only composes movie scores with Pitman.

Edited by Rovim

If he does release it, (which I very much doubt), will there be anyone left to care? I mean Axl has basically pissed off 99% of his fan base, even people who were supporting the new band initially, by being the wanker.

That's Axl's potential problem, not mine. I care about it cause I like Chinese and he said CD ll is similar stylistically. Also, he never released a bad album of original material imo and my interest of hearing more of his music doesn't diminishes with time just cause it takes too long for him to get the shit out.

If he does release it, (which I very much doubt), will there be anyone left to care? I mean Axl has basically pissed off 99% of his fan base, even people who were supporting the new band initially, by being the wanker.

That's Axl's potential problem, not mine. I care about it cause I like Chinese and he said CD ll is similar stylistically. Also, he never released a bad album of original material imo and my interest of hearing more of his music doesn't diminishes with time just cause it takes too long for him to get the shit out.

I think a lot of people will not buy another album by him because he is a wanker. I am not including the general public here who turned their back on gnr when Slash left but people who were stupid enough (I'm one of them) to follow the new band at the turn of the century. And there is a general malaise caused by Axl refusing to be interviewed and retreating for entire years. I mean just look at this forum. It is almost impossible to not ridicule Axl, he has been reduced so much as an artist in our eyes. And I hasten to bet that a lot of us might have supported him just a few years ago.

There is not 1% of the excitement CD had before it was released. I could see CD2 selling 50,000 max. I actually could see it selling below Slash's albums.

I'm sure, based on nothing, that at least the album will be released so it doesn't really make a huge difference if it's next year or in 2020 on it's own.

But I think Axl realizes he can't rap forever and if he wants to present the work live, he doesn't have much time to do it properly and still sing jungle and all the hits.

I don't think he will ever compromise the recorded music for that or for anything else really. It will be interesting to see how it goes down, but my guess is Axl will want to go out with a bang when he can still do it, but who knows.

The most important thing is CD ll gets released for me. That's gonna happen sooner or later.

Ideally, CD ll is released with the remix album in 2016, and Axl just goes kamikaze and tours behind it right away. In the next 6 years Axl has the potential for doing even 2 cycles: CD ll, CD ll tour, and another final Guns album and a tour.

I think what will actually happen is CD ll released in the next couple of years, the remix album, and the CD ll tour. All before Axl is 60. Then he goes solo instrumental and only composes movie scores with Pitman.

It's true if he wants to tour it sort need to go next year. But will they tour towards a 2020 release date. Playing new songs. I feel like it's done so let's go. Reverse it.

I think a lot of people will not buy another album by him because he is a wanker. I am not including the general public here who turned their back on gnr when Slash left but people who were stupid enough (I'm one of them) to follow the new band at the turn of the century. And there is a general malaise caused by Axl refusing to be interviewed and retreating for entire years. I mean just look at this forum. It is almost impossible to not ridicule Axl, he has been reduced so much as an artist in our eyes. And I hasten to bet that a lot of us might have supported him just a few years ago.

There is not 1% of the excitement CD had before it was released. I could see CD2 selling 50,000 max. I actually could see it selling below Slash's albums.

None of that is relevant to me. I just want to listen to more tunes with Axl's vocals on them and hopefully get a tour with him performing the songs from CD ll well.

looks like I'm gonna get at least what I want the most from Axl which is obviously another album. I remain optimistic about getting CD ll, the remix album, and a CD ll tour.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah sales are down. But ACDC fans seemed to like Rock or Bust. More Axl songs can't be bad thing. Whatever has happened. Still great vocalist and lyrics. Maybe the best for me. So bring it!

Rock or Bust is great, album sales don't mean a thing to me, as long as I've a copy I couldn't care less how many more have been sold.

It'd be allover torrent sites way before it's release anyway, that harms sales so badly

Yeah sales are down. But ACDC fans seemed to like Rock or Bust.

The one difference being, DC fans treat their fans well and do not go into hibernation for unexplained reasons. Rock or Bust is also a great little album.

More Axl songs can't be bad thing. Whatever has happened. Still great vocalist and lyrics. Maybe the best for me. So bring it!

Tends on what Axl songs you are talking about. I would say, more songs like Scraped and Shackler's would be an extremely bad thing, but songs of the calibre of Better and TWAT are very welcome.

• Like 1

Yeah sales are down. But ACDC fans seemed to like Rock or Bust. More Axl songs can't be bad thing. Whatever has happened. Still great vocalist and lyrics. Maybe the best for me. So bring it!

18 unreleased songs at least. One of them is Down By The Ocean. Yeah, Axl said he's not going anywhere and I'm in this shit until it concludes.

Maybe Duff is giving Axl his objective classic Guns point of view about CD ll before the release.

Think Ezrin in reverse.

Maybe Axl is gearing up for a release, maybe wants to plan it better and execute (lol) it flawlessly this time, not like last time. Victory of death.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

There seems less riding on it. It's going to another quality disc of alt metal.

Uggh

The best thing Axl could do now is enter the studio with Stradlin and the two knock out a blues rock/acoustic record in two weeks. Ditch all of the Korn pastiches and attempts to be NIN and Deftones. All of that music was wank originally and it is even more wank today.

• Like 1

They haven't even officially announced Ron has left yet despite him saying he has. So how do they go about letting us know? By just introducing a new or missing band member on their first performance? They have a strange way of doing things.

Whenever they set up the tour I guess Ron will negotiate with them.

Axl has done the whole rock n roll thing. CD was something different for GNR. I guess the next one is something like that. It still has those producers and those guitar players. So even if there's a different mix it's bound to sound about the same?

That's basically what Axl said in chats in 2008?

My only hope of a more classic rock sound is that the Fortus parts or songs. Or if something like Ballad of Death is included.

But if they go back to Izzy we'll hear about it.

I really don't think CD was this nu metal record. It's just got Beavan, Costanzo and Wallace producing and mixing. Three big 90s guys and that's the flavor of the album. Rage against the Downward Nevermind.

Edited by wasted

If something does come out I hope it's songs recorded during the CD era (with Buckethead, Finck & Brain). I actually bet it will be that with the new members doing some overdubs on it. I'll happily take it if that's what it is.

I do wonder what happened to the rumored self-titled album in 2010 though...