Cat ownership

Gracii Guns

So my daughters are slowly wearing the wife down on getting the Main Coon Cat which could happen next spring but was also looking at a Savannah Cat which is a cross between wild serval cats and domestic cats.......

The closer you get to the original gen breeding the larger the cat is but also the more $$$$$$$ the cat is. If you get a first gen kitten (F1) it could cost $20K. The farther you get from the first gen the smaller the cat would be. even F5 gens are a couple of grand but from what I read they are cool cats and very dog like in mannerisms.

Savannah_cat.jpg

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

So my daughters are slowly wearing the wife down on getting the Main Coon Cat which could happen next spring but was also looking at a Savannah Cat which is a cross between wild serval cats and domestic cats.......

The closer you get to the original gen breeding the larger the cat is but also the more $$$$$$$ the cat is. If you get a first gen kitten (F1) it could cost $20K. The farther you get from the first gen the smaller the cat would be. even F5 gens are a couple of grand but from what I read they are cool cats and very dog like in mannerisms.

Savannah_cat.jpg

is that a savannah cat in the pic?? i thinking about a Maine Coon too as i need one which we get on with my 4 cats i already have.

38 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

is that a savannah cat in the pic?? i thinking about a Maine Coon too as i need one which we get on with my 4 cats i already have.

Yes that is a Savannah cat but based on what I read on line it most likely is one close to the first gen mating as it is a big cat..........the farther you get from the F1 generation the smaller the cat gets 

Also F1 kittens can cost as much as $20K with fifth Gen (F5) kittens still running about $2k.

I did read these cats are very friendly and have a temperament like dogs so will follow you around and can be taught to fetch etc......very cool cats...................

• Like 1

Here is my man Furrari (and the F U spelling was intentional) He was a Scottish Fold. I wasn't his original owner and because he was a breed he did have some health issues. But he was the sweetest little love sponge. His kitten picture here is from 1998 (and it's a Polaroid lol). But sadly I had to put him to sleep in 2014. He is now in the great litter box in the sky. :,(

bb rara (2) - Copy.jpg

smallrarapatio.jpg

rarawindow.jpg

Edited by pinkforgirls
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

@pinkforgirls OMG he is gorgeous. Look at that ittybittyflufballkittypicture! And he lived for 17 years?! Amazing.

oops I actually mistyped. He was born in 1998 so he made it to 15. My tuxedo kitty made it to 19 years old. I'll post some of her pics later. But that baby kitten pic is my favorite ever! Fuzzy round baby! 

14 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

This is becoming one of my favourite threads, keep up the good work

i will definitely be posting pics of my cats...both my incredible black Maine Coon gentle giant who passed way too young and the one i have now, my crazy long haired black psycho kitty girl! :lol: