Dave Grohl Falls Off Stage Breaks Leg - Finishes the Show/

CheapJon

This might be the only music forum in the world where people bash musicians who enjoy playing/releasing/sharing music.

I take it you haven't been around the internet a lot, have you?

I gave up 99% of going to forums and message boards.

Somebody could post a picture of a kitten and say "isn't she cute" and by the 8th response people will be arguing and by the 15th response people will be calling each other c*nts and "you live in your mother's basement" and all hell will have broken lose.

So it's like that on other music forums too?

I don't even like the Foo Fighters that much - like 1-2 songs off of every album.

But I respect the way they release music, keep their fans updated and how Grohl plays with a lot of different artists. I don't see how anybody could turn that into a negative. It's like a fan of the Dodgers complaining because Clayton Kershaw threw a shutout in his last start. "I don't like those 3-0 wins, talk about a boring game. I'd rather Clayton gave up 5 runs and had to come through with a gritty performance with the Dodgers winning 8-7 in the 9th inning."

This might be the only music forum in the world where people bash musicians who enjoy playing/releasing/sharing music.

I take it you haven't been around the internet a lot, have you?

I gave up 99% of going to forums and message boards.

Somebody could post a picture of a kitten and say "isn't she cute" and by the 8th response people will be arguing and by the 15th response people will be calling each other c*nts and "you live in your mother's basement" and all hell will have broken lose.

So it's like that on other music forums too?

I don't even like the Foo Fighters that much - like 1-2 songs off of every album.

But I respect the way they release music, keep their fans updated and how Grohl plays with a lot of different artists. I don't see how anybody could turn that into a negative. It's like a fan of the Dodgers complaining because Clayton Kershaw threw a shutout in his last start. "I don't like those 3-0 wins, talk about a boring game. I'd rather Clayton gave up 5 runs and had to come through with a gritty performance with the Dodgers winning 8-7 in the 9th inning."

To a large extent internet discussion forums are hate machines. The less moderated a forum is, the cuntier people act. Law of nature. Happens everywhere on the web. Posters will always look for things to hate.

People tend to want to expose their opinions on subjects that matter to them with others with that common interest. Internet forums are a perfect place for this. Criticism is, much often, what makes people comment on internet news, posts and subjects as it's just natural: if I don't agree or like something, and I am on an internet forum, a place to discuss topics, I will naturally want to express this. If you have proper communication and observation abilities, you can easily tell "hating", trolling and critizing apart. When I expose the reasons for not liking Dave Grohl's media antics and exposure, and explicitly list the factors that get to me, I am not "hating", I am critizing, something natural to discussion forums and groups, both on and offline. Especially because this is not a "Foo Fighters Thread" where fans come to discuss the band and songs, but a thread to expose your opinion on the Broken Leg news. No one, not me, not one person critized him for keeping the show going with a broken leg. So drop the "haterz" speech.

I want a musician that releases music on a consistent basis, puts on great live shows, and does interviews so he keeps his fan base up-to-date on what the band is doing. That, my friend, is a true rock star.

Ugh. I want to vomit at that description. You have just described Myles Kennedy down to a T. And he is dull as dishwater. And that's an insult to dishwater.

Or he just described Bono and Eddie Vedder and Dave Grohl etc etc. You know real rockstars still doing their thing at the top of their game while not neglecting or resenting their fanbase.

True and I'm not an apologist for Axl's twattery. But every one of us returns daily to a message board dedicated to a man who has released one album of original material in 22 years, so there must be something other than the music that keeps us coming back.

The only thing that keeps us coming back IS the music. If it wasn't fo the music none of us would be here. It isn't about Axl's mystique that so many zealots want the rest of us to believe. It's about the music, only the music and nothing but the music and the hope that we might one day get something good again.

We're all here because of Chi Dem? :lol: If thats true then we all want shooting.

Kind of a sad reality when they are currently the biggest band on festivals here.

It's a tough position to be in, rock was meant for bars, theaters and arenas at most. When you get gigantic stadium shows or festivals, it loses something, unless the band sells out a little bit.

Kind of a sad reality when they are currently the biggest band on festivals here.

It's a tough position to be in, rock was meant for bars, theaters and arenas at most. When you get gigantic stadium shows or festivals, it loses something, unless the band sells out a little bit.

I'm suprised to hear you say that Blackie.

Racist.

Racist.
Honky! :lol: Edited by Len B'stard

• 1 month later...

Couldn't agree more Bono! I went from a casual fan to a huge fan after seeing them live.

That's exactly what happened to me. I liked them, they were pretty good but then I saw them in 2008 and it changed everything. Became a huge fan. The live show changed everything. THAT is when you know a band is fucking great.

Couldn't agree more Bono! I went from a casual fan to a huge fan after seeing them live.

That's exactly what happened to me. I liked them, they were pretty good but then I saw them in 2008 and it changed everything. Became a huge fan. The live show changed everything. THAT is when you know a band is fucking great.

No kidding. I figured I'd enjoy the show regardless since I'd know all the singles (and hearing them do the Queen cover as well as some Neil Young and Rush at my show was a treat), but it really sold me as a fan. Dave Grohl strikes me as really genuine. He's just a big rock fan who's happy to be where he is. Somehow he makes the atmosphere very close as if you're seeing them in a club as opposed to the big crowds they're playing to. Usually Toronto crowds suck but there wasn't a single person there not screaming, singing, and dancing that night. Pure music magic.

• 2 weeks later...