Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A nice comment I just found on youtube:

"20 people were trapped in an Iron Maiden, had a Fear Of The Dark, then started Running Free with 2 Minutes To Midnight, because, they saw the Number Of The Beast in a Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son who foretold of the Powerslave. the Aftermath of the Age Of Innocence caused them to Run To The Hills. Afraid To Shoot Strangers, they waited until 2 A.M. and found The Alchemist Back In The Village, and said, "Bayswater Ain't A Bad Place To Be, so Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter and Be Quick Or Be Dead." The Apparition of Alexander The Great caused them to find the Brave New World that was Brighter Than A Thousand Suns with Burning Ambition and Caught Somewhere In Time. one of them asked, "Can I Pay With Madness" and the world answered, "find Cross Eyed Mary, Charlotte The Harlot, Genghis Khan, Juanita and set off to Mother Russia to find 22 Acacia Avenue on the Isle Of Avalon near Transylvania. the Aces High in the air were getting close to The Angel and the Gambler in Another Life while listening to Black Bart Blues, and instead of Coming Home they found the Blood Brothers with The Book Of Souls that told of the Blood On The World's Hands from the Children Of The Damned. "Judas Be My Guide" they said, as they followed the Journeyman who was an Innocent Exile from Judgement Day. They slept through Infinite Dreams of the Invasion and it's Invaders. The Mercenary passing by woke them and asked if they had any food, and the 7th member said "I've Got The Fire, but no food." This was The Longest Day they'd ever had trying to explain why they had no food. they directed him to Paschendale and when he reached the town he found The Nomad and asked him to Pass The Jam. The Pilgrim then told him to be wary of the Phantom Of The Opera who was also known as The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, the Prodigal Son of the Lord of Light. his brother was the Lord Of The Flies in Montsegur, where Mother Mercy resides."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My uncle and cousin who live in Long Island NY are going to the last IM show in Brooklyn,

He wants us to tell him the setlist since the Dallas show is before the NYC one. He's been an IM fan since the early 80's.

Wish we could go all together. When we lived in NY, we would all go to concerts together. The last two shows we saw were Rush and then Queensryche when they did all Mindcrime and Empire.

On 4/14/2017 at 6:34 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_3632.JPG.dcc7f628255f006aef429058e948efac.JPG

Sheffield shirt design, I have to get this. Can't wait for this show.

Welcome home Bruce! :D 

It's admittedly not my favorite (Too similar to London 2013 and LA 2016), but of course I've still got someone lined up to grab it for me :lol:

On 4/20/2017 at 5:32 AM, st0n3r said:

So, you think we can expect largely the same setlist?

Yes. No more than two or three changes, if any. I'll be checking out tomorrow assuming there are indeed any changes, as I'd like to have the surprise at my first gig in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Powerage5 Do you know if there are any other show specific t shirts on the uk tour, or is it just Sheffield? 

They said on Twitter there would be some others for the UK. London is a sure bet - other than that, your guess is as good as mine. I've got hunches about Scotland and Ireland, but that's just a guess. 

• Like 1

Saw the set list. This concert is going to be one of the best I've ever seen!

IM performs the whole first cd of The Book of Souls and so many of my favorite Maiden songs too.

Can't wait for June 23.

Ghost has an amazing set list too.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:42 AM, -Jaro- said:

so,

Hallowed... and Tear of a clown out - Wratchild and The Great Unknown in compared with 2016...

My favorite song on the new cd is The Red and the Black. I totally love this song from beginning to end. Love the middle so much.

Tears of a Clown was written in memory of Robin Williams. This song is sad, but now it's even sadder knowing it was written for him.

I bet Maiden changes up their set lists as they tour. I mean they've got over 30 years of songs to choice from.

But I can live with this set list too.:headbang:

20 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Saw the set list. This concert is going to be one of the best I've ever seen!

IM performs the whole first cd of The Book of Souls and so many of my favorite Maiden songs too.

Can't wait for June 23.

Ghost has an amazing set list too.

My favorite song on the new cd is The Red and the Black. I totally love this song from beginning to end. Love the middle so much.

Tears of a Clown was written in memory of Robin Williams. This song is sad, but now it's even sadder knowing it was written for him.

I bet Maiden changes up their set lists as they tour. I mean they've got over 30 years of songs to choice from.

But I can live with this set list too.:headbang:

Maiden never changes the setlist during a leg of a tour.

• Like 1

Newcastle shirt:

ak7u3QB.jpg

This was my first gig, so I finally know the setlist and can come back in here. I'll give my thoughts on everything tomorrow - right now I'm exhausted. Interested to go back and read your guys' thoughts on this year also.