Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Newcastle shirt:

ak7u3QB.jpg

This was my first gig, so I finally know the setlist and can come back in here. I'll give my thoughts on everything tomorrow - right now I'm exhausted. Interested to go back and read your guys' thoughts on this year also. 

Really looking forward to hearing  your thoughts on this....looks like I'll be able to catch them in Vegas now when I'm out there for the WSOP.  

On 4/25/2017 at 8:24 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Saw the set list. This concert is going to be one of the best I've ever seen!

IM performs the whole first cd of The Book of Souls and so many of my favorite Maiden songs too.

Can't wait for June 23.

Ghost has an amazing set list too.

My favorite song on the new cd is The Red and the Black. I totally love this song from beginning to end. Love the middle so much.

Tears of a Clown was written in memory of Robin Williams. This song is sad, but now it's even sadder knowing it was written for him.

I bet Maiden changes up their set lists as they tour. I mean they've got over 30 years of songs to choice from.

But I can live with this set list too.:headbang:

Maiden literally never switches the setlist up mid-tour. The only chance of anything changing is if there's a song that isn't clicking during the first few shows, they may drop it (And 9 times out of 20 replace it with Wrathchild). Once you get 3 or 4 gigs into a tour, it's set in stone. 

On 5/1/2017 at 0:27 AM, Silent Jay said:

Is Bruce struggling a bit these days? 

I thought he was fine last night. He was a bit strained on the pre-chorus of The Great Unknown, but that's about it. 

I'm fine with the new setlist - I need a few more gigs to see how it compares to 2016 for me, I may still like that set just a bit more. I'm okay with both songs that got dropped (I was worried COTD, Powerslave, or Blood Brothers would get cut), but I'm not particularly happy Hallowed got replaced with Wrathchild - it's one of my least favorite Maiden songs. Still, I haven't seen it live since 2010 so I don't have much room to complain. The Great Unknown works A LOT better live than I'd have guessed. That said, I'm not sold on its position in the set - I'd rather have a 1-2-3 punch of Eternity, Speed Of Light, TGU right up front. 

The band is in good shape though. They seem a bit more relaxed than last year, but not in a bad way. Probably just a combination of a less stressful schedule, plus playing more familiar territory. 

• Like 2

Just back from the Liverpool show. Absolutely incredible.

7 hours ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

Going to the London concert. Anyone else think Iron Maiden's strike rate from their debut through to Seven Son is the best run of albums in metal history? I have been listening to Piece of Mind and Iron Maiden recently and they are magnificent.

Easily the best run in metal history.

9 hours ago, drbunnig said:

Just back from the Liverpool show. Absolutely incredible.

Easily the best run in metal history.

Great gig for sure, although Aberdeen is my favorite so far. I was three or four off the barrier last night and it was one of the roughest gigs I've ever been to actually - I honestly think if it was one more song I wouldn't have managed to hold out. 

Birmingham tonight, and stopping at the Robinsons Brewery en route :) 

London event shirt:

zqhJdP8.jpg

Its been a rough rough few days this week on the tour. For starters, I think I cracked a rib on the barrier in Birmingham - the crowd was actually quite tame except for this one Italian guy behind me getting needlessly rowdy. It was okay but sore until last night, and now I'm in agony (It doesn't help that I've got a wicked cough too)

Tuesday morning I woke up to hear about not only the Manchester attack, but also that one of my Maiden friends had died of a heart attack. It's was a pretty emotional day/night for everyone at the preparty. The gig was an emotional one too - maybe not the best, but one of the most memorable. 

• Like 1

The London gigs were both good, with night 2 being the better gig. The first night they came out guns blazing (Like, it was on course to be the best gig I'd ever seen I'd say), but they started losing some steam around TRATB. Night 2 was a lot more consistent, and a lot more fun. Bruce got the crowd to have a moment of noise instead of a moment of silence for Manchester, and it went on for about five minutes - that's one of those moments from a gig that will always stick with me. 

In other news, I've decided to add on St. Louis to my US tour :lol: 

• Like 1

Good first US show last night in DC. Really tame crowd, which I welcomed having this cracked rib from Birmingham. A part of me wishes there were more amphitheater gigs, as I do really enjoy the atmosphere. 

Ghost totally blew me away. I thought they were a decent opener in 2014, but they were really great last night. 

Tonight, I convert @Black Sabbath to a Maiden fan ;) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Saw some footage from their first US show in Virginia Can't wait to see this concert. it's going to be amazing.

Bruce was talking about how the world has gone crazy and all the leaders are nuts, no matter which one you pick.

that is very sad.

yep, he's saying the same for a while now - and when you look at tit - it's fucking true - so we have Blood Brothers as anthem for us - Maiden, Metal, music fans

Newark was a bit shit the other night. The crowd was awful, Bruce was a bit moody, and while the band played fine, the spark just wasn't there. After thinking about it, I think it was the worst gig I've seen on the whole Book Of Souls tour so far.

I've got a bit of time off finally - my next gig is Oklahoma City on the 19th. 

My concert is on Friday. I can't wait to see Ghost and Iron Maiden.

I know this will be one hell of a show!

The stage setting looks amazing. Can't wait to see Eddie too!:headbang:

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Texas event shirt is fucking amazing, one of my favorites for the whole tour 

gjZfwec.jpg

Hey a Texas shirt without any mention of the Cowboys! lol Might have to get this one! Love Eddie! Damn! So many amazing shirts this time around. I hope Ghost has some good shirts too. I need a new one.

• Like 1

I used to have a Maiden documentary on VHS from the '80s. It had the artist who does the artworks speaking. It shows their boozer where they started out. I remember Eddie was original Eddie the Ed, some head they stuck on a pole or something or other.

• Like 2