Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cool cover, FINALLY a tour I wanna go see, now the wait.

You saw Maiden England, right?

I just meant a tour, any tour from any band.

Not much has been tempting me to shell out, but Maiden performing new material, I'm there!

Too bad we're probably still more than a year away from the North American leg :lol:

This was mine, friend in Isfahan had a bunch of rock and metal videos (including GNR and Metallica) on a CD-R, that's how they passed them around in the 90s as Iranian Internet was (and still is) shit:

This was mine, friend in Isfahan had a bunch of rock and metal videos (including GNR and Metallica) on a CD-R, that's how they passed them around in the 90s as Iranian Internet was (and still is) shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWAV_IXqCvI

Now that brought back some memories. I used to watch my Donington VHS on a daily basis. I loved it even though I dislike the album and specially Janick.

It took me a LONG time to get into Mother Russia, but now it's one of my favorite 90's songs.

That was actually one of the first Maiden songs I got into, but then again you're talking to the guy whose first Maiden album was No Prayer For The Dying.

Holy Smoke was my first Maiden song, still love it.

Too many underrated songs to think, like The thin line between love and hate.

Same here! It was the first Maiden song I really got into.

This album announcement made me listen to Maiden the whole week. Mostly their 2000 albums. I have some things to say:

BNW is nearly perfect IMO. Probably my favorite Maiden album. Said that, their best "short song" since Bruce's return is "Rainmaker", it has a cool poppy vibe, some might say it's IM being lazy but I love it. The best "long song" for me is a tie between "The Thin Line Between Love and Hate" and "Starblind".

"A Matter of Life and Death" bores me to death, I can't name one song on the album that catches my attention.

Also, I lold with this prediction of the "Book of Souls" chorus:

The book of souls

The book of souls

The book of souls

The book of soooooooouls

The book of souls

The book of souls

The book of souls

The book of soooooooouls

(if this was posted in this thread earlier, I'm sorry, I believe I saw this on FB)

:lol:

Edited by maynard

rainmaker is just catchy as fuck and just gets stuck in my head. paschendale is just fantastic and probably one of my post BNW songs, the other one i have been a big fan of is brighter than a thousand suns.

• Like 2

Is this album supposed to be the last for the band,did they announced something like that? Anyway im having low expectation but at least waiting to be more interesting from previous album.

We don't know. At this point I'd say everything comes down to their health. If they're still going strong in 3-4 years, there could still be another album. A long time ago Steve said his goal was to record 15 albums and call it a day, so the way I see it anything we get after TFF is a huge bonus.

And if you didn't like the last few albums, you probably won't be liking this one. The tracklist is pretty telling they they're delving even farther down the prog metal rabbit hole.

I saw Nicko do a solo gig tonight. He talked a little bit about the new album, nothing too revealing though. Most interesting bit was he talked about (And actually "sang" a little bit of) Empire Of The Clouds. He said Bruce wrote the entire song on piano, and they sort of worked their individual parts around what Bruce wrote. He sort of hummed a little bit of the intro - it was very stereotypical Maiden epic with clean chords and a legato lead over the top.

• Like 3

Harris tells Kerrang (via Classic Rock): "I think it's a masterpiece [Empire Of The Clouds], actually - I think I can say that because I didn't write it! It sounds like Maiden but it's totally different from what we've done before.

"Eighteen minutes sounds like a long time, but it's actually such a journey that ... well, it's best just to leave people to listen to it and see what they think. But it's very interesting. It's certainly not boring."

He continues: "I think you'll see on this album that there's a lot going on. There's a hell of a lot to take in. I think there'll be bits and pieces that will hit people initially but I think they're going to need a few listens."

Hell yeah.

Edited by Silent Jay

Please no Stintson quotes, we're talking about good music here.

He was a part of The Replacements and as a bass player he's very good. 2 good solo albums. I don't get why u disrespectin' bro. Back on topic:

I don't think they'll top powerslave. The one to succeed it must be given blood and red wine.

Powerslave is by no means the golden standard.

Oh. Number Of The Beast? will be hard to top it as well. My favorite is Killers anyway. Brave New World was the last one I've personally enjoyed.

Edited by Rovim

Agreed. I love Powerslave but it's far from my favorite. I much prefer the late 80's and post 2000 albums. More often than not, Somewhere In Time is my favorite. But it all depends on my mood - on a given day I could very well prefer Powerslave to anything else.

Agreed. I love Powerslave but it's far from my favorite. I much prefer the late 80's and post 2000 albums. More often than not, Somewhere In Time is my favorite. But it all depends on my mood - on a given day I could very well prefer Powerslave to anything else.

Whatever.

:wub: Edited by Rovim