Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fair enough, can't blame where you're coming from there. I'm hoping for some US dates later this year, because I'll definitely be doing one ;)

Definitely not this year - Wacken is the last gig of 2016. Next year is looking like it'll be a larger US tour though, as well as a full UK tour.

• Like 1

Awesome!

The album is out. How is it?

Didn't really get into Maiden until Final Frontier came out and have been a fan ever since. Kind of blows they tour in ridiculous areas. Chances are they won't stop by neck of the desert.

I listened to some samples and it sounds great though.

Whereabouts do you live? They did a pretty extensive US tour in 2012, hard to believe they didn't come within a few hours of you.

Anyhow the album is awesome, widely considered one of the best. Definitely worth cheacking it out ;)

Kansas City is five hours away and Dallas is around three or so.

They did both in 2013 and 2012, respectively. I guess Tulsa would be the closest to you this year, but I don't know how close that is.

Next year though it seems they're going to return for a more extensive US tour - Nicko said as much at a solo show I saw back in November.

Tokyo on April 20th and 21st.

Also, the supposed full setlist leaked...on a Beijing government website of all places. Fucking pissed I wasn't able to avoid it.

Well, after reading your post, I did some digging, since I'm that sort of guy, if it is true, I would be a happy concert-goer if I see that set. The question is are those that only wants something like the recent Maiden England set, and do not care much for the post-reunion albums (in general), going to be happy with that? I hear some grumblings over the song selection for the Final Frontier Tour with it emphasizing the 2000s albums. Do you think the same grumblings will occur during The Book of Souls tour?

Edited by Anguyen92

Tokyo on April 20th and 21st.

Also, the supposed full setlist leaked...on a Beijing government website of all places. Fucking pissed I wasn't able to avoid it.

Well, after reading your post, I did some digging, since I'm that sort of guy, if it is true, I would be a happy concert-goer if I see that set. The question is are those that only wants something like the recent Maiden England set, and do not care much for the post-reunion albums (in general), going to be happy with that? I hear some grumblings over the song selection for the Final Frontier Tour with it emphasizing the 2000s albums. Do you think the same grumblings will occur during The Book of Souls tour?

Well to be fair, if you're only a fan of old school Maiden, then you're never really going to be happy with a new album tour. It's the nature of their new album tours - they go heavy on new material.

For the record, despite the fact that I'm super bummed I saw it, I think it's a pretty solid set. The new tracks are more or less what I'd have liked to get (There's one I would swap out and one I would swap in), there's a healthy dose of hits, one obscure older song, plus a few tracks from the last 15 years (Even if that side of things could be a little more balanced). I admit there's one 80's song which is a little WTF, but it's not one I'm upset by it's inclusion.

• 2 weeks later...

1st post in gnr forum - on IM topic :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Just hope to get tickets for Split. It will be hard cause of small venue (11000 tickets on sale). But in July, it's going to be hell inside... Still remember Zagreb Arena on Maiden England tour - hot as hell! Just hope there will be no sound issues as in Zgb.

As for album - in my opinion - best post reunion one. Somewhere in time and Seveth son are still on top!

5 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Arena Zagreb is bigger than this one. I think it's 19k to 11k. That's a lot :D 

Wow, is Arena Zagreb really that big? It felt tiny to me. Still, I imagine Zagreb is a bigger market than Split. As long as you're on the ball to get tickets, it won't be an issue.

Yes, Zagreb Arena is almost 2 times bigger. And Split is full of tourists from all round Europe in summertime.

In 2013, I wanted to buy tickets few weeks before show (concerts in Croatia rarely sell out mounths before because of bad experience in 2004. with Metallica, Kravitz, Offspring being canceled. Personaly never got refund for 'tallica :shrugs:

Only show early sold out here as far as I know is U2 in 2009. - but it's because it was first big event after many years.