Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LOL!

I didn't now till now where from it comes:

Nevertheless, hundreds of Fokker Triplanes were built, and a reputation of high performance—especially rapid climb—grew up around them. Von Richthofen, their staunchest advocate, claimed that his triplane could “climb like a monkey and maneuver like a devil.”

Read more: http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/what-the-red-baron-never-knew-22968921/#fFCWlcMJpkSymiiy.99
Save 47% when you subscribe to Air & Space magazine http://bit.ly/NaSX4X
Follow us: @AirSpaceMag on Twitter

• Like 1

Tonight was the first gig in Tokyo. What an amazing time! The venue is absolutely tiny, the floor only had maybe 20 rows of seats. We were 6th row right on the center aisle. The Japanese crowd was really interesting - it was dead silent in the venue before the show, but they absolutely lost their minds when Doctor Doctor started. Really intimate gig, Bruce was evening making jokes with individuals in the crowd. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow night!

Tokyo event shirt:

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Huh.  Looking at the wiki for the Book of Souls tour, it stated that they were playing in Ryōgoku Kokugikan (aka Sumo Hall).  That's where New Japan Pro Wrestling mainly does their big shows.  Also, looking at the capacity size, it's only 13k which is pretty small compared to the venues that they were playing in South America.

4 hours ago, Anguyen92 said:

Huh.  Looking at the wiki for the Book of Souls tour, it stated that they were playing in Ryōgoku Kokugikan (aka Sumo Hall).  That's where New Japan Pro Wrestling mainly does their big shows.  Also, looking at the capacity size, it's only 13k which is pretty small compared to the venues that they were playing in South America.

Actually, the Ruogoku is 13,000 at full arena capacity. They're only able to use about half of it because of how small the floor is. No one has an exact attendance number, but the general consensus is it holds 5,000-6,000. We're not really sure why it's such small shows in Tokyo this time, maybe just venue availability. I visited Budokan yesterday and noticed that was booked these two days. But I'm not complaining, a small intimate gig is great for me. 

Another great one tonight, though I do think last night was just a hair better. 

Bruce explained tonight why they played such a small venue - the short version is they felt they owed it to the people of Japan to do something really special after the cancellation in 2011 due to the earthquake, and they decided a pair of super intimate gigs was the way to do that. 

Holy shit, the show ended 8 hours ago, and I'm just still in awe that it happened. Everything went impeccably, it was one of the best Maiden gigs I've seen. I'll post a full review later once I get to Shanghai, but just very quickly the set was the shame, and the only visual changes to the show were no pyro and no flag on The Trooper. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

That China event shirt is absolutely awesome.

Yeah, I love it. They actually used that artwork on some of the promo items for China and I thought it looked quite dodgy on that stuff, but after seeing the artwork on the shirt it's one of my favorites this year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

aaaaaaaaaa @Powerage5

just saw invisible "Union Jack" from Beijing, and this:

were there any more signs of  Chinese Deomocracy during shows?

The only other difference was no pyro. Like I said also, I'll write up all my thoughts on the China gigs this weekend when I'm home, there's a lot to be said about both gigs.

5 hours ago, wasted said:

U sprung for front row seat/standing?im more of a nose bleed 380rmb guy myself. Guess if Guns come I will try to bankrupt by drinking. 

I did the second price tier for Beijing (I think RMB 800?) because they were so expensive. Shanghai was a bit cheaper, so I went for the top price tier. Still WAY more than almost any other Maiden gig I've been to though.

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The only other difference was no pyro. Like I said also, I'll write up all my thoughts on the China gigs this weekend when I'm home, there's a lot to be said about both gigs.

I did the second price tier for Beijing (I think RMB 800?) because they were so expensive. Shanghai was a bit cheaper, so I went for the top price tier. Still WAY more than almost any other Maiden gig I've been to though.

How do you find Mercedes benz arena as a venue? Slash played The Mixing room underneath. 

So you didn't pay for the GA seating tickets. When i saw Metallica i was towards front on the side. Stones was right at the back in the nosebleeds. I think might be 800 for rubbish seats. 

Bon jovi came a few months ago so not sure whos left. Once bands are big enough they come if they arent that big they don't because of some political reason. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

How do you find Mercedes benz arena as a venue? Slash played The Mixing room underneath. 

So you didn't pay for the GA seating tickets. When i saw Metallica i was towards front on the side. Stones was right at the back in the nosebleeds. I think might be 800 for rubbish seats. 

Bon jovi came a few months ago so not sure whos left. Once bands are big enough they come if they arent that big they don't because of some political reason. 

It was all seated for Maiden, no GA at all. I had 5th row on the floor, which were the most expensive tickets. I thought it was a great arena, very modern and clean and reasonably good sound. Reminded me of a smaller version of the O2 in London. And of course it gets bonus points for looking like a UFO. 

Yeah it looks good at night. I go to the Imax there too. How much were the front row seats, everyone stood up? I've only ever got cheap seats cos its not GA standing. Only really Guns will get me to face the traffic. I always get stranded in the rain and have to pay 500 rmb to get home.