Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Yeah it looks good at night. I go to the Imax there too. How much were the front row seats, everyone stood up? I've only ever got cheap seats cos its not GA standing. Only really Guns will get me to face the traffic. I always get stranded in the rain and have to pay 500 rmb to get home. 

I think the front half of the floor was about RMB 1300. I couldn't believe how early the metro stops running - we caught the train from right near the venue, but got stranded at Peoples' Park where we had to transfer lines to get back to the hotel. Luckily it was sort of within walking distance of our hotel.

Yeah I it's like 11pm. So the show ends and it shuts as you get to it. It's not a massive problem bit the taxi drivers want 300-500rmb to take you home for a 50rmb. C'est la vie. 

Actually 1300rmb is okay it's 100 pounds. I paid something like that in Taipei for GNR. That's a shit load of Tsingdao though. I could have just had 7 Tsingdaos and listened to Enter Sandman and saved 1000rmb. 

There's also Shanghai Indoor Stadium. That's where I saw Dylan. It's more old school. Where they held badminton Olympics probably. Has a more rock vibe. Very dark and industrial in Xujiahui. There's a huge motorway intersection near it and on concerts it gets blocked and there's and fake shirts. A world of shit in 40 degree weather. Also a couple outdoor stadiums. In the summer you have be crazy to go to those shows. The humidity is like watching Aerosmith in sauna. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2016 at 1:04 PM, Powerage5 said:

Catching up, here's some "new" event shirts:

New Zealand

attachment.php?attachmentid=146078&d=146

Australia

13124864_10153352153642132_2912162678901712514_n.jpg

The NZ shirt may seem cool at face value...until you compare it to the Twickenham 2008 event shirt...

13062533_1271712879523586_59318285422873

Eddie, the moonlighting turncoat.

56 minutes ago, moreblack said:

That might be one of the best yet.

It's in my top 3 for sure, along with China and Florida. My bottom 3 are Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand.

As far as I know there won't be any "surprise" event shirts in Europe, just the usual places. That means we'll get Germany, France, Donington, and Scandinavia (Plus London if they announce one at/after Donington).

13 minutes ago, username said:

So much want.... 

Will buy if I get the chance! 

Hope you manage to get it! I was able to sort someone out to grab me one, had to scramble at the last second for that though - had no idea about this one until last night. Big surprise - they've never done a Dutch shirt before. Hoping that means some more event shirts in Europe this year - Spain and Italy would be nice, seeing as they have four gigs and three gigs respectively :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Hope you manage to get it! I was able to sort someone out to grab me one, had to scramble at the last second for that though - had no idea about this one until last night. Big surprise - they've never done a Dutch shirt before. Hoping that means some more event shirts in Europe this year - Spain and Italy would be nice, seeing as they have four gigs and three gigs respectively :)

Correction to my last post - they actually have done a Dutch shirt before, for Assen in 2008. Don't know how I forgot that one, since I have it:

deff05c4909fb5d1b42ed806a98ad36f.jpg?ito

So @username, how was the gig?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Correction to my last post - they actually have done a Dutch shirt before, for Assen in 2008. Don't know how I forgot that one, since I have it:

deff05c4909fb5d1b42ed806a98ad36f.jpg?ito

Just randomly popped in this thread and saw this shirt.... wow

I really want this t-shirt, old Eddie, somewhat modern superbike with a cringe inducing 666 on it, illuminati logo? 

Shut up and take my money :lol: Just to piss people off, i 'd go and wear this in a tin foil hat meeting and blasting my fav maiden tunes while at it....

Edited by Strange Broue

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Haha! I wanted to post that too. I saw a few guys who were wearing it. ;) 

Gig was great! Man these guys work hard on stage! Bruce was struggling a little bit at times, but overall it was really good. Had an awesome time! ^_^ I'll post pics later. 

7 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

Just randomly popped in this thread and saw this shirt.... wow

I really want this t-shirt, old Eddie, somewhat modern superbike with a cringe inducing 666 on it, illuminati logo? 

Shut up and take my money :lol: Just to piss people off, i 'd go and wear this in a tin foil hat meeting and blasting my fav maiden tunes while at it....

It's the Eye of Horus, since it's from the Somewhere Back In Time tour, which was the recreation of the Powerslave stage show. It's a pretty tough shirt to track down - I only managed to get my hands on it last year. However, I only ended up paying £10 for it :lol:

2 hours ago, username said:

Also, if you hear anything about a bootleg or something.... I'd be interested. ;) 

I'll keep my eyes out. So far the only European gig which has been taped is Dortmund, hoping more pop up...

Glad you enjoyed the gig :)

• Like 1