Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Unfortunately, I have to skip next week Split concert and hope that this will not be their last tour :(

Also must hope that 2nd leg next year will come somewhere near me.

I'm really hoping for Serbia date next year. They played here 3 times in the last 9 years and they have huge hardcore fan base here

16 hours ago, Nicklord said:

I'm really hoping for Serbia date next year. They played here 3 times in the last 9 years and they have huge hardcore fan base here

Assuming they do a European leg besides the UK leg (Whoch is not a guarantee by any means), then I imagine Serbia will get a date since they didn't this year.

33 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Did Bruce sound better tonight? 

Much. Nyon was just a weaker gig - it happens even to the best. Milan was fucking amazing all around. The band was in top form, and the crowd was incredible. Hands down the loudest European crowd I've ever been in, and maybe even on par with Mexico. All in all, definitely in my top 3 gigs so far this tour. 

Italy event shirt:

image.jpeg

That should be the final event shirt for 2016 - I don't see Croatia, Romania, or Luxembourg getting one (Though they technically did Romania in 2010, but that was because they played in the Transylvania region). I'm just waiting to get my New Zealand shirt from one of my friends in the next few days, but I have managed to get every event shirt this year, it's the first time I haven't had somebody drop the ball on getting me one at a show I didn't attend. Pretty damn excited about that, considering how many event shirts there were this year :D

• Like 3

Another great show in Rome last night! I missed the first few songs since I was hanging out with the Anthrax guys, but what I saw of the set was really good. The band was having a lot of fun, Bruce even worked his way past their stage set to the very ends of the stage, just taking in the crowd. 

• Like 1

Catching up since the last few days have been crazy for me. Trieste was not one of the better shows - the band was loose and the crowd was awful. Bruce had to prompt them to sing FOTD. Amazing venue though!

Split was one of the highlights of the tour for me. Amazing crowd and amazing performance! Walked in 45 mins before Maiden and still managed to get on the barrier far on Dave's side, and it was one of the hottest gigs I've ever been to - I was literally dripping by the end. 

Also so just an FYI - their set at Wacken will be streamed online, and broadcast in Germany. 

• Like 1

Fun show in Bucharest the other night. It's my favorite venue anywhere in the world, so it was great to see another gig there. The band was a bit loose, Bruce flubbed some lyrics, and there was no big Eddie because of a technical problem, but the crowd was excellent. My favorite moment was when everyone took their flags out before Blood Brothers, someone had a Yugoslavian flag :lol:

On my way to Luxembourg now. 

• Like 1

Good gig in Luxembourg, which I really fucking needed. On the way to Luxembourg I had some of my recording gear go missing at the security check on my layover in Milan, including the SD card with all the gigs I've taped on the European leg. But whatever, not gonna go into details here. 

The he band seemed to really like playing a small venue like that. Bruce was constantly goofing around with individuals in the crowd. He let Nicko sing one line during FOTD, and when Nicko sang it totally off-key, Bruce said "See? That's why he's the fucking drummer!" :lol: Bruce also gave us a shout out for starting the monkey craze at the beginning of the tour :)

It was extremely muddy, the weather sucked, but damn - great gig to end the tour on. Got surprisingly close to the stage, only about 10 people back far off on Janick's side. I'm not a fan of festivals, but I have to say Wacken is extremely well organized. 

I can't believe the tour is finally over - it's basically been my life for the last six months. 21 gigs in 19 different cities, in 11 different countries, and on 3 continents. It's been the most amazing year of my life, really can't wait for a new (?) tour next year!

• Like 3

Can't wait to rewatch it when I get home. 

Theres some one speculation on the FC that Wacken will end up being the live album/Blu Ray, as Maiden is the only act that got streamed, but didn't give on-demand/rebroadcast rights. I hope that's the case, even if for entirely selfish reasons :tongue2:

If they're touring next year so it'll probably be a while until they put something out. The live stream was a "gift" but that doesn't mean they're going to put Blu Ray out, we might get concert highlights for TV and possibly a censored version of the show like GNR at O2.

10 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

If they're touring next year so it'll probably be a while until they put something out. The live stream was a "gift" but that doesn't mean they're going to put Blu Ray out, we might get concert highlights for TV and possibly a censored version of the show like GNR at O2.

Well yeah, of course they won't release anything until the whole tour is over next year. But, if they decide to release one of the 2016 shows, I think Wacken would be a good choice. 

• Like 1

I'm not the biggest Maiden fan in the world, but I came here to say that I saw them this year at Graspop Metal Meeting and for me personally it was the best time I ever saw them. I always see them there, since they pass by whenever they tour. 

• Like 1

Gotta agree with both of you. One of my friends who gets a lot of inside info rode with me from Luxembourg to Wacken - he said Steve was considering calling it a day at the end of the Maiden England tour. I don't know if it was Bruce's cancer, the year and a half break from touring, or a combination, but the whole band seemed totally rejuvenated this year. The gigs were some of the best (And most consistent) performance-wise I've seen from the band, and they were all having so much fun all the time. 

I can say, for sure, it's my favorite tour I've seen them on (Which is every tour since The Early Days, with the exception of A Matter Of The Beast).

I saw them in Barcelona. It was a metal festival and it was absurdly loud, think Metalocalypse, it was comically loud. Even with plugs in my ears I had to go all the way to the back just to bear it. I don't get, it was a residential area in a park and the festival was scheduled to run until late at night - how did they get away with it? I went up the hills in the area (great view of the city, sea and countryside!) to where the park and venue looked tiny in the distance and I could still hear the music quite clearly. 

I didn't like the setlist very much, they did my two least favourite songs on the new album (title track and Death or Glory).

1 hour ago, GivenToFly said:

I went up the hills in the area (great view of the city, sea and countryside!) to where the park and venue looked tiny in the distance and I could still hear the music quite clearly. 

So I guess they made you... run to the hills. 

40px-718smiley.svg.png 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, username said:

So I guess they made you... run to the hills. 

40px-718smiley.svg.png 

I got there too early and I was not going to sit through a few hours of metal, partly because I don't like metal other than a few exceptions (including the Iron Maiden complete discography), and also because as I said it was too loud and I've got hearing problems.

So I thought I would explore the area instead. It's called Can Zam, it's a metro terminus and it's where the hills around the city start getting really steep so there are a lot of outdoor escalators. Those will take about half way up, the rest of the walk is on foot. The view is worth it though.

I did listen to a bit of the show before Maiden though. There was a band called Overkill, who were dreadful. I don't know why people like thrash metal. Then there was a Spanish band, called Baron Rojo who were alright. Then there was Maiden. Then I left, although the show was scheduled to go on until 3AM (it was Saturday evening).