Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They are confirmed for the Download Festival on the Sunday. Will be the only UK show of 2016.

https://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/topic/368-put-your-paws-together-for/

Damn it. I actually wanted them to do their own arena shows as I feel like it would do the new album more justice than in a festival settings where people would generally want the old 80s hits.

Odds are they'll announce a pair of gigs at the O2 onstage at Download, like they did in 2013. If not, Bruce and Steve have both said there will be a full UK tour, so that would likely happen in 2017.

They also announced Download France for June 10.

They sent out an email last night calling Wacken the last gig of the tour (Presumably just next year's leg). Ending the tour at a festival that was sold out before the tour was even announced, fuck that.

I often feel it should be forbidden for a festival to put tickets on sale unless at least 60% of the lineup is announced. I know that's not reasonable or realistic, but it really pisses me off when festivals sell out based on hype and then they announce a big band's only gig in a certain country is at that festival. It pretty much just fucks over the real fans and half the hipsters and teenagers that bought the tickets because the festival is a big hype often don't even like the band.

The Dutch Lowlands Festival has had a few years like that as well.

^^ The thing is that Maiden has two other shows in Germany, both festivals, and I think the buyers that bought the tickets (before the line-up was announced) for a festival like Wacken, which is primarily a metal festival, would be thrilled to see that Maiden is headlining (maybe not. I don't know).

Edited by Anguyen92

They sent out an email last night calling Wacken the last gig of the tour (Presumably just next year's leg). Ending the tour at a festival that was sold out before the tour was even announced, fuck that.

I often feel it should be forbidden for a festival to put tickets on sale unless at least 60% of the lineup is announced. I know that's not reasonable or realistic, but it really pisses me off when festivals sell out based on hype and then they announce a big band's only gig in a certain country is at that festival. It pretty much just fucks over the real fans and half the hipsters and teenagers that bought the tickets because the festival is a big hype often don't even like the band.

The Dutch Lowlands Festival has had a few years like that as well.

I mean, it doesn't even need to be a majority of the lineup - even a few headliners would be fine. But it's just crazy with Wacken, it sells out in minutes without a single artist announced. But for Maiden to end the tour there, when so many people like to do the last gig of a tour, that's just a really shitty thing to do :(

Sonisphere Switzerland in Lucerne, June 3.

Rock In Vienna Festival for Austria, June 3-5. No word yet on Maiden's day, though it will be the 4th or 5th since Switzerland is the 3rd.

Telenor Arena in Norway on June 15th.

Jyske Bank Boxen in Herning, Denmark on June 21.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Negotiated by Dave Daniel from Celebrity Speakers and Phantom Music, HarperNonFiction and Dey Street have just announced that they will publish Bruce Dickinson’s memoirs in autumn 2017. His book will be a rock memoir like none other, taking in his thirty years with Maiden, his solo career, the weird and wonderful places and situations he’s found himself in, and his recent battle with cancer.

Bruce says: “It was flattering to be approached to write a book about my experiences and it seems an appropriate time to do this as I will have plenty of time on tour next year to work on a book. I am sure flying the 747 out round the World on tour will add to the tale with some unusual scenarios!”

Bruce Dickinson is represented globally for all speaking enquiries by CSA Celebrity Speakers.

For more information on Bruce Dickinson please contact Dave Daniel +44 1628 601 411 or email him at dave@speakers.co.uk

Edited by dalsh327

• 1 month later...

Still wish I could have done the MSG date but P5 didn't get me a GA ticket :(

Bro, I didn't even get me a GA ticket :lol:

Odds are in their favor of doing a more extensive US tour next year though.

Oh, I didn't think you did anything but GA :lol:

They're fairly expensive on stubhub.

I almost always do some form of GA. Out of the 49 gigs I've seen so far, the only one where I've voluntarily had seats is Moscow 2013 - I went for seats there because the cheapest GA option was over $300 face value. I have been to a couple gigs which didn't have any GA, but I didn't count those.

This year there's a number of shows where I've got seats. I opted for seats for all 3 Mexico shows, because the idea of being in a GA section in Latin America scares me. China and Japan will reportedly be all seated, so I don't have an option there. As for MSG, I don't know what I'm doing yet. I'll probably cave and pay out the ass for the front GA on StubHub.