Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls 2016/2017 World Tour discussion [LIVE ALBUM NOV. 17]

Zeppelin

The Book Of Souls  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So the Vegas show for this tour is at T-Mobile and that is an AXS venue (as opposed to TM).  Will the be doing paperless tickets for any of the seats there?  If so, will the whole floor be GA?  If not, what would be the best place to sit?

Im going to try and make it to this show, but I'm unsure I can go do to other scheduling issues and when I'll be able to play a WSOP event.  Trying to combine two trips in one, not sure it's gonna work out.

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

So the Vegas show for this tour is at T-Mobile and that is an AXS venue (as opposed to TM).  Will the be doing paperless tickets for any of the seats there?  If so, will the whole floor be GA?  If not, what would be the best place to sit?

Im going to try and make it to this show, but I'm unsure I can go do to other scheduling issues and when I'll be able to play a WSOP event.  Trying to combine two trips in one, not sure it's gonna work out.

AXS being the vendor shouldn't affect paperless status - the Montreal show last year was AXS and still paperless. Not sure the configuration for Vegas, but I'd assume full GA floor. If you go for seats, avoid the first two sections on either side of the lower bowl; the closer you are to the stage on the sides, the more restricted the view will be. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Anyone need a presale code for tomorrow? I've got a spare I'm letting friends use where needed - so far it's only being used for 2 Toronto tickets, one DC ticket, and one Philly ticket. It can be used for two more Toronto tickets, three more DC tickets, three more Philly tickets, and four tickets to all other shows. Glad to help out if anyone wants :) 

I've got my old lady talked into the Lincoln show, so I'm going to buy 2 tickets to that. I'm not in the fan club or anything, was just gonna do general sale Friday, but am worried about it selling out instantly. So- if I could use your code, I'd love to try and snag 2 tomorrow night. I'd really appreciate it! If you already loaned it for that show, I totally understand as well! 

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I've got my old lady talked into the Lincoln show, so I'm going to buy 2 tickets to that. I'm not in the fan club or anything, was just gonna do general sale Friday, but am worried about it selling out instantly. So- if I could use your code, I'd love to try and snag 2 tomorrow night. I'd really appreciate it! If you already loaned it for that show, I totally understand as well! 

Nope, no one's asked for it for Lincoln - I'll PM it to you shortly.

3 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

I'm doing Philly with @Powerage5:)

Very glad that Shinedown is not the opener.

Me too - I'm dreading having to sit through them all over the UK :confused: 

• Like 1

On 20.10.2015 at 6:00 PM, username said:

I often feel it should be forbidden for a festival to put tickets on sale unless at least 60% of the lineup is announced. I know that's not reasonable or realistic, but it really pisses me off when festivals sell out based on hype and then they announce a big band's only gig in a certain country is at that festival. It pretty much just fucks over the real fans and half the hipsters and teenagers that bought the tickets because the festival is a big hype often don't even like the band.

The Dutch Lowlands Festival has had a few years like that as well.

Well, for Wacken it's more that you want to go to Wacken pretty much regardless of the bands playing there. :)

Waaaaackeeeeeeeeeen!!! :headbang:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

Well, for Wacken it's more that you want to go to Wacken pretty much regardless of the bands playing there. :)

Waaaaackeeeeeeeeeen!!! :headbang:

Pretty much, yeah. I mean, I only caught like 7 or 8 bands across two days at Wacken - I had way more fun just taking it all in. That said, I'd probably never do it again. It was extreme, and if you like festivals I can see how it's a ton of fun. I'm not a huge festival person, but to say you've been to Wacken is a good feeling.

Even though it's not a single festival, I always really enjoy Sonispheres. Been to Sonisphere in Sweden, England, and Italy, and they're always really well organized, and usually with a great lineup. Plus they're usually a bit smaller, which I like (Knebworth is the biggest and gets about 50,000).

Since GHOST is the opening act, I have to see this concert. I will also have to get the latest IM cds. I've fallen behind.

I last saw Iron Maiden in 2000. amazing show. It was 106 degrees in Dallas, but they rocked it! Eddie came out for one second, but who could blame him?

I think choosing Ghost to open is a great idea. They are so damn good.

also thank God they are playing AAA which is indoors. Because by June Dallas will be hot as hell!

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
m
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Since GHOST is the opening act, I have to see this concert. I will also have to get the latest IM cds. I've fallen behind.

I last saw Iron Maiden in 2000. amazing show. It was 106 degrees in Dallas, but they rocked it! Eddie came out for one second, but who could blame him?

I think choosing Ghost to open is a great idea. They are so damn good.

also thank God they are playing AAA which is indoors. Because by June Dallas will be hot as hell!

I'm glad TX is all indoors too - Dallas and Houston were brutal in 2012 when they were outdoors. 

Managed to get tickets for DC, Philly, Newark, Oklahoma, Houston, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Toronto, Quebec, Boston, and Brooklyn today. Couldn't quite afford them all today, so Dallas, San Antonio, and San Bernardino had to wait until Friday. 

Tickets for the Dallas show go on pre-sale tomorrow morning at ten. The password is SUPERSTAR. Regular sale starts on Friday.

The ticket prices are from $39 to $99, which I didn't think was very bad at all.

I really want to see GHOST again. These guys rock.

As for Maiden, they always give you a great performance. So many songs to choose from.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

So tempted to see them in Dallas. They have tickets available for $39.50, $59.50 with all the fees. Maybe if I can find someone who wants to go with me. Might have to save my money for Queen coming back. 

I say go for it. If you've never seen them, they'll blow you away. And if you have seen them...you already knew how great they are ;) 

• Like 2

Just watched a video of Wasted Years they posted on FB and man, it's amazing how these guys still got it. And Bruce screwing with Adrian's mic was really funny, it's really hard to dislike these fellas.

I rarely listen to IM nowaydas but they were my first contact with heavy metal and I'll always love them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maynard said:

Just watched a video of Wasted Years they posted on FB and man, it's amazing how these guys still got it. And Bruce screwing with Adrian's mic was really funny, it's really hard to dislike these fellas.

I rarely listen to IM nowaydas but they were my first contact with heavy metal and I'll always love them.

Well, this is how "old" band with "old" singer should sound . . .

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched the Wasted Years video many times now. What a compilation of an amazing tour. I thought Bruce messing with Adrian's mic was something he only done as a once off but I like that he's done it a few times.

I've only seen them once on the Book Of Souls Tour and its still one of the very best concerts I've been to. Meeting them the night before, besides Nicko and Dave, was the highlight though.

6 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

Just wonder what we can expect from band in future... 

Well, Book of Souls kicked ass and was well received, their shows still kick ass... Bruce is apparently 100% healthy. They've been rich beyond anyone's wildest dreams for a long long time now. Seems like they all still enjoy it. I see no reason why they wouldn't keep going?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:35 PM, Powerage5 said:

I'm glad TX is all indoors too - Dallas and Houston were brutal in 2012 when they were outdoors. 

Managed to get tickets for DC, Philly, Newark, Oklahoma, Houston, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Toronto, Quebec, Boston, and Brooklyn today. Couldn't quite afford them all today, so Dallas, San Antonio, and San Bernardino had to wait until Friday. 

Yeah, plus AA is a nice place for a concert.  Can't do outdoors anymore. it's just too damn hot. I saw Motley Crue's show in Dallas and it was brutally hot. No relief at all. My hair was sticking to my head. Then MC came back to Dallas the following year and played AA. I was so pissed. I would have waited but they said it was their final show of their final tour. Liars! lol

All I know is IM rocks so hard live! Can't wait to see this show and with Ghost opening, it'll be one amazing concert!

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:21 AM, -Jaro- said:

2nd Brooklyn show added...

16806656_10154164295372051_6626416234209

Damn I would love to see this last show in Brooklyn, My hometown! Damn! A great place to end a tour.

• Like 2