Motorhead - Sympathy For The Devil

fred_carston

About two years ago I had tickets for Motorhead then Lemmy had a heart attack or some other ailment and the whole thing was cancelled. Fair enough and I wished him a speedy recovery at the time, except, a couple of weeks later he was on stage at some festival. Wanker.

Saw Motorhead yesterday at Graspop, Lemmy looked terrible health-wise. His arms were shaking and he was basically standing like a mannequin. I fear the worst for him.

he is 69 and probably the "healthy" diet cause this to him to cure his diabetes....

anyway i will see Motorhead in Jul 3. probably for the last time, but i wish to Lemmy to keep rockin' for another 10-15 years

I have a gut feeling that he will die on stage (where he belongs) while he is doing what he loves best: playing music

Lemmy will die one day onstage,like he desires.

ha, exactly my thoughts, i wrote that before i even saw your post

:headbang:

• 1 month later...

lemmy cancelled another show after 4 songs tonight in utah, he was having a hard time breathing and had back pain. lemmy just doesnt look good and with the life he has lived its understandable. like others have said he is going to die on the road the way he wants, it will be a sad day nonetheless.

Motorhead's latest albums have been really forgetful. The best is Aftershock but Kiss Of Death was really weak, Motorizer had good singles and the rest was filler, The World Is Yours is weak, and I don't expect much from this one after listening to Thunder And Lightning and this cover. Their last great album was Inferno. Too bad, their 90's run was brilliant.

It's painfully awful.

Really? Well, shit... It's like ever since Lemmy and Motorhead have fallen into "cool" status, all just makes Motorhead songs to sound like Motorhead songs. It's like he watched his own documentary and went "hell, they love that I don't give a shit and release a million Ace of Spades-sounding songs and all my albums sound the same, I better keep that up". Well, that's not the case. Like it or not, Motorhead's albums HAD different sounds and themes. Sacrifice, for example, was heavy as fuck but awesome while Overnight Sensation was rnr and equally awesome.