Worst common guitar noise

bacardimayne

Interesting that you capitalized "god," I did not know you had such respect for the almighty.

It's a name innit, God, thats correct grammar...i think?

As for me saying about drummers what you were saying about guitarists, not really, you were the one saying one instance constitutes a lack of talent whereas I was the one saying that Keith wasn't lacking in talent, his talent was just in a specific direction, hows that the same as saying Moon was a mentally ill one off? :lol:

I had a rebuttal post to you guys, but I deleted it. We're never gonna agree. We can pick it back up in 2-3 months when another related thread starts. :lol:

Interesting that you capitalized "god," I did not know you had such respect for the almighty.

It's a name innit, God, thats correct grammar...i think?

As for me saying about drummers what you were saying about guitarists, not really, you were the one saying one instance constitutes a lack of talent whereas I was the one saying that Keith wasn't lacking in talent, his talent was just in a specific direction, hows that the same as saying Moon was a mentally ill one off? :lol:

That's part of why I deleted it, the argument needed more fleshing out, and I don't feel like doing that. But the loose structure of what you said is essentially the same as what I was saying. The parameters were different, and I guess you could argue that matters.

As far as god..... I suppose you're right. If we're going to capitalize Sauron and Dumbledore, it makes sense to capitalize God. :lol:

I've never liked doing it, it always felt like if I capitalized it, I was acknowledging its existence.

Edited by OmarBradley

I think half of the reason I hate talkboxes is the fucking face Slash makes while he uses his.

then your opinion is invalid

The guitar in general as a lead instrument. Use it percussively, to accent rhythm and have the stones to put some different shit in your music.

you know post like these on a rock band's forum makes me wanna puke....

bunch of fucking elitist and hipster shit going on here....

yuck

I think half of the reason I hate talkboxes is the fucking face Slash makes while he uses his.

The guitar in general as a lead instrument. Use it percussively, to accent rhythm and have the stones to put some different shit in your music.

yuck

I wondered when the 'change is evil!' brigade would show up :lol:

• Like 1

yuck

I wondered when the 'change is evil!' brigade would show up :lol:

I'M not part of that brigade

But i'm not part of the "guitar sucks, because it can not change enough the music" brigade either. This is why i puke your nonsensical elitist ramblings :)

keep twisting my opinion, though, i couldn't give a fuck about you enough to make another reply besides this one

Well this thread has taken a turn for the worse....

I don't understand why folks get their panties in such a bunch, we're talking about music here, it's really not THAT important.

MJ and Prince suck!!!!

Dickhead.

;)

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

You can't really quantify "good." Each band does what works for them. Keith Richards wouldn't work in Pantera, and vice versa. That said, I still have trouble with the fact GNR incorporated a shredder spot in the band. IMO Finck made the most sense, after he took off the make up that made him look like a character from Hellraiser .

^I have no problem with the shredder aspect as Axl is my favorite singer and Buckethead is my favorite guitarist, so CD is sort of like an ultimate collaboration album.

Anyway, to answer the OP, I think this song is the epitome of everything I disliked about 'hard rock' in the 2000's. That horrible digital guitar tone somewhere between nu-metal and nickelback, it's horrible;

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 2