New leak?

I've edited this thread to remove all direct links to the song in question. Please do not provide direct links.

This thread is meant to serve as a discussion space for those who have heard it.

Sounds old to me. My bet is it's pre-Chinese Democracy days.

It's tough to judge a song based on 30 seconds, but if this what was planned in the 90s with Zakk Wild, I'm glad it got shelved. The guitar work sounds like something that could be used in a commercial with old people trying to act like rockers.

Old as fuck, someone mixed up 2 bands, and the vocals not belong to Axl

This is debunked some years ago

I always think that these vcals are from the Rapidfire days, but no, these are from elsewhere, but this is not Axl

Guitar playing is not Zakk either

This clip has been floating around for years. The "Ready" at the start is from the Hollywood Rose album. Its been pasted on this for some reason.

It does sound legit, though.

No it's not...

At first glance, maybe, but if you hear this and hear the Rapidfire/Hollywood Rose vocals it's more similar to that, but it's different

This is not Axl, period

I've edited this thread to remove all direct links to the song in question. Please do not provide direct links.

This thread is meant to serve as a discussion space for those who have heard it.

Sounds old to me. My bet is it's pre-Chinese Democracy days.

It's tough to judge a song based on 30 seconds, but if this what was planned in the 90s with Zakk Wild, I'm glad it got shelved. The guitar work sounds like something that could be used in a commercial with old people trying to act like rockers.

This is nothing new, seems like you and others are totally forget that this is floating around for YEARS and this was debunked here in mygnr some years ago...

so you can put here the links, it's not dangerous, TB will not bust your ass for this :P

Reminder for everyone: Zakk on a recent interview debunked that they recording anything together. They reherased, but never recorded anything...

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

You all suck, it sounds great. Way better than anything off of CD. This is what GNR should sound like.

Yeah when i first heard this clip (a longer version) in 2011, i thought it's awesome and played for a good one hour on repeat, but it is fake, regardless how you want it to be real :P

It's hilarious how people quickly forget these fakes and when they pop up about 2-3 years everybody is going nuts LMAO

You all suck, it sounds great. Way better than anything off of CD. This is what GNR should sound like.

Yeah when i first heard this clip (a longer version) in 2011, i thought it's awesome and played for a good one hour on repeat, but it is fake, regardless how you want it to be real :P

It's hilarious how people quickly forget these fakes and when they pop up about 2-3 years everybody is going nuts LMAO

90% im with you that its fake, 10% it sounds from the Slash-Zakk Era, I know they din't "Record" anything, I assume they were just rehearsing and some one just recorded what they were rehearsing?

Nobody's going nuts.
  • Like 2

90% im with you that its fake, 10% it sounds from the Slash-Zakk Era, I know they din't "Record" anything, I assume they were just rehearsing and some one just recorded what they were rehearsing?

zero chance, see this thread: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/211296-zakk-wylde-remembers-jamming-with-guns-n-roses-it-was-a-good-time/?st=0

We just had some ideas laying around and stuff like that, but nothing amounted to where Axl [Rose] sang on stuff and had lyrics written and everything like that," Zakk said (see video below), "We just had riffs lying around and stuff like that, but… It was great hanging out. 'Cause all the guys were there, you know what I mean?! It was Slash, Axl, Duff [McKagan, bass], Dizzy [Reed, keyboards], Matt [Sorum, drums]; it was all the guys. We were all jamming and stuff like that. It was a good time. It was at that point nothing was going on and I wasn't jamming with The Boss [Ozzy Osbourne]. Then I just had a batch of riffs and ideas laying around. I just said, 'I'll do it myself.' And that's when BLACK LABEL SOCIETY was born. And that's why I'm still living in a van down by the river. So I figured, maybe I wanna do this myself."

Asked what a Slash/Zakk Wylde combo in GUNS N' ROSES would have sounded like, Zakk told Gibson.com: "It sounded like the riffs I write and the way I write, mixed in with the way the guys write, you know what I mean?! It would have been like… When I was jamming with Slash and all the guys, even if I'm in the band, there's only one guy that's playing the solos to 'November Rain', 'Sweet Child O' Mine' and all those classic songs. I'm not going to do anything there. But the future stuff that we would have been writing, it would have been cool! Because I love Slash's playing and I'm buddies with him. It would have been cool, but with those guys, there was nothing happening, so we were jamming, but it wasn't going anywhere."

Nobody's going nuts.

well, not here, but on other places...

ya happy now? :P